Vaping and ecigs.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The heads are made with a hole in the top so you can just drip liquid directly onto the coil. No need to wait.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ah, so being very careful about the direction it is in my pocket is a must?

That was the one bonus thing about my old kit. It never leaked, no matter what direction I left it in.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • What was your old kit?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    Ah, so being very careful about the direction it is in my pocket is a must?

Not sure, TBH. I've got the Kanger Aerotank which looks to be a very similar design (it was the precursor to the SubTank), it says you need to keep it upright, I mostly do, but I'm not fanatically careful about it. Leaks are rare, and usually very small (partially down to it being a small airhole), I imagine that this will be roughly the same.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    What was your old kit?
    Honestly I'm not sure. It's an ego battery with bits I bought from a local shop. Simple bottom coil tank that's replaceable. it's either a Kanger Protank mini or a knock-off equivalent. Pretty sure it's a knock-off. 

I usually leave it upright but haven't really been paying attention all the time. I used on when it was new so will easily slip back into old habits. Still have no dispatch email though.
  • Ah, gotcha. Most shops seem to sell EVOD or CE5 knockoffs, so it'll probably be one of them. Nothing exciting to look into. Thanks.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    KBox & Subtank arrived today. Initial thoughts are its a quality piece of kit, followed swiftly by noticing how heavy it is!

I've got the battery on charge. Any idea how long this'll take? It's been on for a good few hours now. I have a second one planned in with some of the fancy liquids.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Probably about four. I'd have no fear on unplugging it now though and using it for the rest of the day. It can get a full charge over night, overnight, ova nite...
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Is there a general consensus which one of these is best? Are there always trade-offs? 

I might have asked this before, but something messed up since i last posted itt and the forum now seems to think every post is unread. I'm not sure on what page i posted and can therefore not easily go back and see how people responded.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    General consensus is it's better than smoking for lack of one which says which mash up of gear is best.

Get a basic kit. If it's for you'll be caught in a trap of geekery, and it is very geeky.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Haha, I popped out and it was full when I got back. Mild panic over!

Now to transfer some bottled juice into a dripper bottle and give it a prep.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Youtube video or didn't happen. (o;
  • nox - my £30 gizmo does me fine, I'd suggest opting cheapish like that at first, then it's no big loss if not for you, and if it is for you, you can geek out on a £xxx model.
  • But if i'm to make it work as a substitute for smoking, aren't i better off just getting a really good one?
  • Possibly. A lot of people get put off using ecigs after getting the ego style Batteries, as they don't quite fill the void that cigarettes leave. I suppose if you spent a little more on a kit, there is also more of a financial incentive to stick with it.

I'd say if you wanted to go with something quite a bit better than a beginners kit, you could get the highly rated eleaf istick and aspire nautilus mini for around £45. If you check the planet of the vapes forum, there's loads of sales and deals on offer.
    PSN: Its_DanDan_Ey
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Jesus, this thing is an absolute monster. I figure I'll set the power in the middle so it's on 25 somethings. I barely need to press the button for more than half a second to get a good lungful.

Totally worth it. Plus if I get mugged I can use it as a club.
  • Or go with subba's setup.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I think this may double.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    62BAA978-A9D3-4CC1-9295-2AEDCFAA4B3D.jpg
  • That looks like a lathe.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Fuck mate, you could smash collar bones with that.

Noxy, coming off what Dan said, I'd opt for a variable voltage battery- an ego one. If I'd gone in on a bogo battery I would've binned the ecigs on the head.
  • It all sounds a bit tech and complicated. Doesn't everything you'd ideally want get sold in a single package?
  • Well I was (am) a heavy smoker, cigs and ganj, and my £30 kit sorts me out. I'm sure the higher spend ones are better but if you're dipping your toe, why not?

Mine is a tornado t if anyone wants to offer a broader review.
  • Yes, absolutely. It is daunting for the casual observer/people looking to dip their toes in to the water.
  • I know i can get on with it. I've tried it a couple times before. My mum's one isn't very good. It's much harsher than smoking. But i tried some other variant once which was incredibly similar.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Aye I started on a tornado twist, equally daunted by it all. I'm using bogo ego batteries, now and an aspire ET tank with BVC coils.

Gonna most likely switch to the aspire nautilus tank, mini or regular not sure yet, but swapping the tank due to good shit being said in here.

At the end of the day codey, get a kit- variable voltage is best, I think is the consensus? The next best tank, coil (atomiser), battery, are all around the corner.
  • I know i can get on with it. I've tried it a couple times before. My mum's one isn't very good. It's much harsher than smoking. But i tried some other variant once which was incredibly similar.

Sounds like different juices. I'm guessing the one you liked was higher in VG (the other type being PG). This is as important as, if not more than, the equipment you use.

And ego batteries are fine, you just have to buy decent ones.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Blimey, I've just realised how overpriced my local store is for everything. They're selling the Subtank for £40.

So many flavours and brands on ukecigstore, need to pick up a batch soon.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Nuts prices on eliquid. I haven't used them but a lad in work won't shut up about them

https://www.yaeliq.com/new.html
  • Are you guys smoking these in order to give up? Or just not to smoke cigarettes?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!