The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Last Spiderman film I watched was the Toby Macguire one with Venom..  I really liked the first two in that series.  Spidey has been done to death surely?

I liked the Dr. Strange one but found Guardians of the Galaxy very OK-ish. I liked the first one but I switched off the 2nd one.

I'd like to see the Fantastic 4 get relaunched and have a proper Surfer / Galactus thing going on - not that pretty pathetic attempt we have had. There was the Frightful 4 in the comics - they would be fun to bring back.  I'd be in man child heaven.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Frosty wrote:
    There's another Thor coming at some point too.

And another Captain Marvel.

I've seen Secret Invasion popping up but no idea if that's speculation based on Nick Fury hanging out in space or what.

Secret Invasion is a series for Disney+, so ERE will be happy we have brought the thread back on track.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    I think there's another spidey film coming, a venom film, something with the eternals in it, another doctor strange, guardians of the galaxy 3 and another film I can't remember. Dunno what the big climax is going to be (if there is one for this set of films, but I think in the comics it was the eternals stuff and galactus that came after Thanos so maybe they'll introduce the silver surfer or something and the end films will be about dealing with Galactus.

If they go with Galactus, Nate will think they're ripping off Fortnite
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I liked Captain Marvel but isn't she a bit over powered to imbue any sense of tension in a story?
  • I don't know if you've heard of Superman at all Davy...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    There's another Thor coming at some point too.

And another Captain Marvel.

I've seen Secret Invasion popping up but no idea if that's speculation based on Nick Fury hanging out in space or what.

Secret Invasion is a series for Disney+, so ERE will be happy we have brought the thread back on track.

Finally! Well done Frosty.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK wrote:
    I liked Captain Marvel but isn't she a bit over powered to imbue any sense of tension in a story?

I agree, which is why it has to be a dormammu or galactus style threat in the next phase really.

Some big threat to all the multiverse maybe? Galactus would be more a weapon than the villain itself I reckon, always seemed more a force of nature than a plotting evildoer.

There is apparently a F4 movie on the horizon, could be Dr Doom is the big bad this time? Less brute strength and conviction and more mastermind with interwoven plots or something.

Edit: Oh or skrulls, since that’s very F4 isn’t it and they’re already there. Secret invasion it is then.
  • I'd read somewhere they had cast Kang the conqueror. He fits the big bad role quite well and going by lego super heroes 2, he can unite all the different dimensions, planets, timeliness etc. I've read he is also linked to the fantastic four through Reed Richards so maybe he ushers in them as well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't know if you've heard of Superman at all Davy...

Which is why anything except Superman 2 was a bit crap.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Daredevil was a flop. Anyone see it? That could be good 'un.
  • The old Ben Affleck film? The directors cut is much better, although nowhere near MCU quality.
  • davyK wrote:
    Aye. Have just cleared my history down and a lot of "feminist destroyed by logic" and other various shit has cleared out of my home screen. Not even sure why that was there - maybe because I watched some mad "Karen" video..
    This is exactly the type of videos i started to get after watching The Quartering.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The old Ben Affleck film? The directors cut is much better, although nowhere near MCU quality.

Even my lusting for Jennifer Garner could not get me through either Elektra or Daredevil movies. Awful, awful stuff.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I'd read somewhere they had cast Kang the conqueror. He fits the big bad role quite well and going by lego super heroes 2, he can unite all the different dimensions, planets, timeliness etc. I've read he is also linked to the fantastic four through Reed Richards so maybe he ushers in them as well.

Kang the Conqueror is the confirmed baddy for the third Antman film.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They’re adding the teenage mutant ninja turtles to the MCU?
  • I mean, the Turtles were created by the same chemical spill that gave Daredevil his powers, so why not?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Daredevil is top tier noughties bad style over substance. 

Slow mo - check
    Rock music soundtrack - check
    Collin Farrell - check

You just don't see great stuff like this anymore...

Love it.
  • I mean, the Turtles were created by the same chemical spill that gave Daredevil his powers, so why not?
    mindblown.gif
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • monkey wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I'd read somewhere they had cast Kang the conqueror. He fits the big bad role quite well and going by lego super heroes 2, he can unite all the different dimensions, planets, timeliness etc. I've read he is also linked to the fantastic four through Reed Richards so maybe he ushers in them as well.

Kang the Conqueror is the confirmed baddy for the third Antman film.

That makes way more sense, that’ll be fun, and actually makes the cringey (to me) time travel stuff in avengers endgame make more sense.

I wonder how many Kangs they end up with...
  • In the lego games he is voiced by Peter Serafinowicz. Big shoes to fill whomever got the ant man job.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Matt Damon is cast as ‘Actor Loki’ in the next Thor movie.

Sam Neill as ‘Actor Odin’, Melissa McCarthy as ‘Actor Hela’ and Liam Hemsworth as ‘Actor Thor’. So there’s clearly something daft going on.

Nathalie Portman’s listed as ‘Mighty Thor’ so fuck knows.

And Christian Bale as ‘Gorr the God Butcher’.
  • The 'Actor' roles are the same as Ragnarok, plus Melissa Mccarthy sigh.

I look forward to Melissa Mccarthy saying endless, unfunny shit.
  • I don’t remember any of them in Ragnarok. Must have been, er, memorable.
  • It's a 2 minute joke scene when Thor first arrives back in Asgard and Loki (disguised as Odin) is watching a play of his death in the previous film.

It's a good bit.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's right at the start. Also it is Love and Thunder so that suggests
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah fun little joke and set of cameos that I am slightly concerned about being dragged back in again, especially with the inclusion of Mccarthy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Given his writing on the WWDITS TV series, Waititi can handle recurring jokes / characters. I get you that it was a nice moment as a one-off but that dude has comic chops so I will trust him.

I also think Spy is a good movie
  • Yeah I like Waititi so maybe best to wait and see.

Mccarthy will be shit though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Waititi = Yeah!

McCarthy = Boo!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think Spy is a good movie.

I liked the Ghostbusters remake with Thor in it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!