Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • When are we doing the snecko eye is a great relic, don't be a noob convo for these guys.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I know everyone rates sneko and I find it fun but for now it just messes with my mojo.
  • Facewon wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    For example the relic that gives you artefact on turn one combined with the experiment relic that gives you +3 strength in the first turn doesn’t remove as the first relic keeps it active for the rest of combat. Unless another debuff hits you before the end of the turn.

That combo was the gateway drug for me.

Holy shit. I'm 50 hours in and never realised this was a possible combo. Didn't even cross my mind that they counted as debuffs

• It also works for potions. So the gain +5 strength/defense until the end of the turn potion becomes gain +5 strength/defense until the end of the fight.

It doesn’t work on blasphemy
  • Frosty wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    For example the relic that gives you artefact on turn one combined with the experiment relic that gives you +3 strength in the first turn doesn’t remove as the first relic keeps it active for the rest of combat. Unless another debuff hits you before the end of the turn.
    That combo was the gateway drug for me.
    Holy shit. I'm 50 hours in and never realised this was a possible combo. Didn't even cross my mind that they counted as debuffs

I'm the same! noticed a few times certain buffs werent dropping off but could never figure out why. This has got me looking at some cards in a whole new light.
    SFV - reddave360
  • nick_md wrote:
    When folks say artifacts here, what do you mean? I thought they were like protection against debuffs or something?

They are. Some temp buffs (like Flex which is +2 strength for one turn) are actually "+2now" and "-2 at end of  the turn" so mostly the net effect is zero at the end of the turn. The artifact cancels the negative buffs so it removes the "-2 at the end of the turn" leaving you with a permanent +2
  • It also works for potions. So the gain +5 strength/defense until the end of the turn potion becomes gain +5 strength/defense until the end of the fight.

Yeah, good point. It also doesn't work for some of defects losing orb slots I think. Trying to remember if there's a difference in the way the card is written that tells you the diff.

I think I'm right on that.
  • Just had an interesting heart run with defect.  I built it around consume and increased focus.   Most fights ended up with only one or two orb slots but with a high orb turnover.  Got two boot sequences and combined with caliper ended up with insane block building up over a fight.  Completed a couple of elite fights without taking a single point of damage.

Prior to this I had always tried to increase the number of orb slots but this made me rethink that strategy.
  • Cannot beat the heart at higher levels. Going for A14 (done it on 7). I cannot survive the 2nd or 3rd hit after you've been made vulenarable and it smashes you for 50+ damage. I get to it around 80% of the time but cannot figure out what I need to stop this. Apparently you can only do so much damage to it per round which makes it bloody ridiculous.
  • you need a lot of block as part of your deck. If you get thorns that helps a bit too.
  • Always thought the orange pellets seemed a bit niche and situational but after learning that it would remove the mutagenic strength debuff I tried picking it up and was able to use it on the first turn of every encounter. That along with the shuriken and a million shivs meant I smashed everything on a7.

Corpse explosion on the donut boy was also a bonus.

Fuck! I didn't realise it worked on potions.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    At last Watcher done on the Heart. I complained that she had bad block but the right powers and she can hold her own. Combine with wave of the hand and you can keep the heart damage down. Combined with a lot of worshipping and comfortably defeated it. Back onto finishing the ascensions now I’ve done each with the heart.
  • What's everyones verdict on the Choker? I took it with the watcher and regretted it massively. If I'd of taken the strength thing instead I might have took the heart. Is it any good for anyone other than the Ironclad? The other three seem to have a lot of good strings that involve drawing repeatedly.
  • I have virtually never taken it. I think I took it once very early on, but never again.
  • I think it can be great but I just have 0 interest/enthusiasm for the play style changes it requires.
  • Speaking of relics, prior to the last month or so I never took the coffee dripper, however there are some worthy combo's. Iron clad with reaper, Meat on the bones, the feather, shop ticket thing all make this viable. Also just wondering, how often do you choose the random boss relic at the start? The only character I never do this with is the defect (lightning orb are too good early on for good damage), otherwise I find it a reasonable choice.
  • Yeah, there's arguments for all of the chars being good for it, Tbh. (boss relic)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Facewon wrote:
    When are we doing the snecko eye is a great relic, don't be a noob convo for these guys.

Well it is, isn't it. Near enough a win everytime you get it unless it's end of Act 2 and you've been building low cost decks.
  • Facewon wrote:
    When are we doing the snecko eye is a great relic, don't be a noob convo for these guys.
    Well it is, isn't it. Near enough a win everytime you get it unless it's end of Act 2 and you've been building low cost decks.

You know, I appreciate it is great, but if I lose because I get shafted by it, which has happened a lot, I just hate it, so I'm really reluctant to take it.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Speaking of relics, prior to the last month or so I never took the coffee dripper, however there are some worthy combo's. Iron clad with reaper, Meat on the bones, the feather, shop ticket thing all make this viable. Also just wondering, how often do you choose the random boss relic at the start? The only character I never do this with is the defect (lightning orb are too good early on for good damage), otherwise I find it a reasonable choice.

Coffee dripper is great. As for swapping out starting relics, ironclad is probably the class I swap most often with, simply because it has so many great 2 cost cards. being able to play bash + clothesline/uppercut/immolate/carnage on act1 elites is worth the trade imo. 

silent is probably the class I'm least likely to trade starting relic with. sure, 2 extra cards isn't actually that great on act 1, but it's easily the *best starting relic into the late game.

*most likely to be useful
  • I don't mind swapping out defect relic sometimes, if only because it opens up the possibility of taking meteor strike earlier. love that card
  • I swap every time I get the option as it can make for some really fun runs.

Does anyone ever use grand finale? It's so specific that I've never even played one
  • Now I say that and I've just used it to kill a slime on floor 2
  • Frosty wrote:
    I swap every time I get the option as it can make for some really fun runs. Does anyone ever use grand finale? It's so specific that I've never even played one

Yea pandoras box and astrolabe can make for an incredible opening act. 

I have only once managed to make a deck which utilised grand finale well. iirc that was around ascension 6 or 7, and I don't think I've had a viable opportunity to make use of it since. It's one card I would be happy to see buffed, but can't imagine that ever happening.
  • Ju072mA.jpg

moments are like this are why I keep rolling the dice with prismatic shard. 90% of the time it's a major hindrance, but every now and then you get some really freaky combos
  • T6KwN1t.jpg
    EXWRx9n.jpg

Pleasantly surprised it works on the proper bosses too
  • Finally beat the Heart on AS14 with this business:

FFZldttVcAI5vdS?format=jpg&name=large

Apparations, Backflip, Catalyst, Tools of the Trade and the fucking spoon were a godsend. Survived with 2 HP. Took weeks that did. It's AS20 next.
  • I got my girlfriend hooked on this and she's about to overtake me on hours played. And using the family play feature on Steam... probably the best cost/fun ratio ever.
    I win... in the most minor way possible.

• love it. jesus I'm such a geek for this game

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!