PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Planning to have a solar cell on the finished article...

That's superb. I demand pictures when you have that working.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Loving your work noface.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yep. Officially some next level shit.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Too busy to water your plants? Get your RPi to do it for you. Source.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There's been plenty of RPi laptops, but they've usually required tracking down a Motorola lapdock (which are no longer made) and splicing up some cables.

Here's the Pi-Top, which uses a 3d-printed housing to turn your RPi B+ into a laptop.

Hopefully this works with the B, too!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    How is that printed on a five x five inch bed?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Got one of these for my birthday, delighted although not done anything with it yet.

I'd like to make a retro console with it for the living room tv, any tips and advice would be lovely and splendid espicially if it's possible to get it working with a ps3 or 4 pad.

Its the model b one if that helps.
    ---
    PSN - radioninty
    Lego, Labour & Resogun
  • A RetroPie? That's my plan, too. @Scotswahey has his set up for such things.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    beano wrote:
    How is that printed on a five x five inch bed?

Carefully? I assume it's done in two halves and then put together.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    To clarify, I mean "left and right", along with the "top and bottom" that you'd expect a laptop to consist of.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raspberry Pi Model A+ available now.
    Like the Model A, this one still just has 256 MB of RAM and no Ethernet port, but it's now just 65mm in length and manages to consume less power. The new model comes packed with 40 pins on the GPIO, a Micro SD slot, and a new audio output with a low-noise power supply for better quality. Even better, this one's just $20.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    To clarify, I mean "left and right", along with the "top and bottom" that you'd expect a laptop to consist of.

Still doesn't make sense, from the scale garnered from the photos. Looks wider on it's longest side than 5. It stinks, to me, will have to get my hands on one.

edit: screen looks bigger, can't remember if the size was mentioned but I don't recall.
  • 15 quid for the new model A is pretty epic. In other news theres a new version of emulation station and it's looking much more polished than the last one. Not had any time for the Pi let alone this forum in the last couple months but I'm going to hopefully give it a try soon.

PRetty sure I'm getting an electronics kit for the Pi for xmas. Cannot wait.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Got ten RPi compute units today, 10 cameras and some mini TFTs...erm...no idea what specific thing to do with them.
  • Do a 3x3 grid to make a reasonably sized screen.
  • Treated myself to a new b+, a pi-dac+ and a pi-amp+ for Christmas.
    Pi-AMP.png
    Gets quite a good review.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I printed some stands for the cameras today in work- taking some kit away for xmas- gonna try and get the nephew onto some code.

That looks like a right treat, noface (o:

If anyone sees any 3D printable case designs for the RPi computes please giv us a heads up. Ta.
  • Any good resources for getting kids started? I want to give my kids a go at coding but haven't guy a clue how to start them off.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Head to the root...

http://www.raspberrypi.org/resources/

I've no idea how I am going to start. I've got an IR pi cam, really I need a sensor, but instead I'll set it up an alarm (simple script to take 'graphs when there's motion in the image) and at night and leave a saucer of milk and some cat food out to see if we can catch any foxes or whatevs.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Avoid Scratch, FWIW.

Sonic Pi is good fun!
  • Fuck. I picked up a scratch book for when my daughter's old enoiugh. It cost less than a coffee so I won't cry too much.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's just not great- it'll do in some cases but I reckon it's just best to get into something that's not so low level.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Any good resources for getting kids started?

Another good place to scab some tutorials from would be the Kano project.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Now that you've all bought your B+s, here's the RPi 2.
    The Raspberry Pi 2 makes two major changes to the previous version, while leaving other components unchanged:

- The CPU (central processing unit) is now quad-core rather than single-core. That means it can be programmed to use more of its cores to offer extra computing power, or made to use fewer to help save power consumption - useful if running as part of a battery-powered contraption. In addition, the Cortex A7 processor now runs at 900MHz rather than 700MHz
    - The board now features one gigabyte of RAM (random access) memory, double the amount that was previously included

As before, owners will need to add their own keyboard, a MicroSD card containing a copy of an operating system, and television/monitor-connecting cables in order to start programming. Enclosures bought for the previous Model B+ computers will also fit the new one.

(...)

The Raspberry Pi 2 can run a variety of Linux-based systems out-of-the-box, but its makers have also promised it will be able to support Microsoft's next operating system at a later date.

(...)

"The Raspberry Pi 2-compatible version of Windows 10 will be available free of charge to makers."

(...)

The new kit - most of which is manufactured at Sony's factory in Bridgend, South Wales - costs £22.85 excluding VAT, or $35.
  • "The surprise to us is that people don't buy just one Raspberry Pi.

"There are a lot of people with five or six. And we think those people are naturally going to want this.
    That's me. Where do I pay?
  • Getting more and more tempted by these. Want XBMC machines for each room, thinking it might be possible to deconstruct an old tablet and use it with one,maybe one for messing about with and then who knows next!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Getting more and more tempted by these.

I'm already planning my homebrew Windows 10 tablet using the Pi 2.
  • Screen and battery options?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    There's a variety of touch screens out there that work with the Pi. No idea about batteries, though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!