Raspberry Pi
  • There are batteries that work well with the b+ but this probably draws a lot more juice. I've seen a few good tablet efforts but invariable bigger, thicker, less reliable, less powerful, with worse battery life, and more expensive than a cheapo android tab.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    But I already have a cheapo Android tablet.

If you're wanting a 100% perfect computing experience you're in the wrong place with the RPi - I want to build a Windows 10 tablet with the RPi 2 not because it'll be good, but because it'll be a fun challenge.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yes there is that, but RPi is the best cheap network media player, if a little fiddly at times. I just wanted to make sure that nobody was thinking an RPi tablet would be in that league.
  • I think the Pi is all about little projects and someone wanting more would never even consider buying one. Having said that it'd prob outperform the ancient tablet I have in the drawer that is currently just a video player for the kids. 
    Swirl,you know Windows 10 is going to be a very limited version aimed at people developing for the "internet of things"? That's what I got from their comments anyway.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    https://twitter.com/JeanEd70/status/563016953301049345/photo/1

Tablet like Pi in that pic there.

So MS are bringing out a specific "IoT" build. Like Windows Embedded isn't enough.

(Hodge, I owe you an email, I'm want to catch up on what you've spoke about to other before I write to you.)
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Pic not loading for some reason but did see a vid the other day of a Pi hooked up to a touch screen. Seemed a bit clunky and there was a mass of wires but that's what it's all about. 
    Where's the best place to buy these and the necessary extras(wifi dongle,mem card,component cables are what spring to mind first)?

No rush on email at mo. Stall warning is going off on the project as my new manager who was showing an interest had just been promoted meaning he doesn't have to be seen to care now as much! I've also just returned to my own dept. to see some changes which weren't thoroughly thought through. The joys of idiots being paid the big bucks.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Swirl,you know Windows 10 is going to be a very limited version aimed at people developing for the "internet of things"? That's what I got from their comments anyway.

That's OK, if it's pants I'll just wipe the SD card and put a flavour of Linux on there. The beauty of the Pi. :)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Cheers.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Cheers Mr. 360 (o:
    Hodge360 wrote:
    The joys of idiots being paid the big bucks.

Naturally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • One of the chips on the Pi2 is photosensitive so a camera flash can mess it up unless you cover it. You have been warned.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    One of the chips on the Pi2 is photosensitive so a camera flash can mess it up unless you cover it.

Only perverts run their Pis naked.
  • Mine's in a case with a clear top.

cos perv
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    The Pi equivalent of crotchless undies. Pics of your Pi's processor or GTFO.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Pimoroni, the people that bought you the Picade arcade cabinet for Pi, have another Kickstarter (with only 90 minutes left at the time of writing!).

This time it's for Flotilla, a electronics prototyping and tinkering kit for the RPi. Looks pretty good, everyone from kids to computer science lecturers are using Flotilla to make stuff.

I'll have to wait until it's on general release, but could go very well with the Pi 2.
  • I think I've broken my Model B Rev 2. Whenever i overclock it to 6volts I get the magic rainbows. I have to put the SD card image into my B Rev 1 and set the clock speed to medium. The thing is the Rev 1 runs fine on Turbo... Anyone else had something like this? I'm assuming the extra Ram makes gaming that bit better, saying that I'll be getting a Pi2 shortly so this may all be irrelevant.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    So it works OK if you don't over clock it?
  • Just stabbed myself in the thumb with a scalpel trying to remove an aluminium frame from a solar panel for my stereo project. Any one got any suggestions how to get silicon to release so I can get the bugger off?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Raspberry Pi Foundation announce that they've sold 5 million Pis, making it the best selling British made computer of all time.

Still a ways off the Commodore 64, though.
  • n0face wrote:
    Just stabbed myself in the thumb with a scalpel trying to remove an aluminium frame from a solar panel for my stereo project. Any one got any suggestions how to get silicon to release so I can get the bugger off?
    I think the consensus is to leave thumbs on.
  • Just shattered my solar panel, that's 60 notes down the drain. Feel like cutting my thumb of now.
  • Fucknuts. Feels bad bro.
  • RA6qS6B.jpg

Still works though, just about.
  • I like that arcade stick, did you build it yourself?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yeah, never use it though. Thinking of repurposing for the ps4 but the pads are so expensive.
  • Yeah plus the official PS4 pads are a fucking pain in the ass to solder to unless you have decent soldering skills apparently.

Hopefully a cheapo 3rd party pad appears at some point with a nice fat pcb with big contacts turns up at some point.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    So it works OK if you don't over clock it?

If I keep it on standard clock speed then it runs fine without crashing but the downside is that if I try to run emulation the sound stutters on some of the games.

• Roujin wrote:
    Yeah plus the official PS4 pads are a fucking pain in the ass to solder to unless you have decent soldering skills apparently. Hopefully a cheapo 3rd party pad appears at some point with a nice fat pcb with big contacts turns up at some point.

My gamestick has a PS1 digital pad with a Playstation to USB adapter. Dunno if that'd work with a PS4 but it might do. Unless you were wanting to go the wireless route then nevermind.

• I thought of this but apparently because of the new inputs on the ps4 pad older ps pads won't work.
  • I looked at wiring up to a DS3 and I solder as part of my job. It looked pretty tricky so god knows what the DS4 will be like.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!