PS4 Vs XBone comparisons?
‹ Previous123456721
  • I'm just about to pick up a PS4 and XBone. The Xbone is for FH2 and I'm looking to get Drive Club, Mordor, Diablo and maybe Destiny on the PS4. Is there any particular platform that has the edge in multi-platform titles? Is Destiny better on either machine? From what I remember the PS4 seems to be the slightly better system, is that correct? I seem to do most of my online gaming (COD, BF etc)on the PS3 and only really use my 360 for MS exclusives as I prefer the lack of chatter on the PS Network whereas everybody and their granny seems to be yammering away on Live. Is this still the same on the shiny gen?

I also have a Vita so that will help with Remote Play.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pretty much looks like ps4 for you then. Although I think the bone has the edge on exclusives and still has the better online service.
  • Gotta consider the player base for the games you are looking at, there's loads of ps4 Destiny players for example.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Every single multiplatform Digital Foundry face-off calls them in favour of PS4:  http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry
  • Kow wrote:
    Pretty much looks like ps4 for you then. Although I think the bone has the edge on exclusives and still has the better online service.

I am getting both consoles, but I'm just looking to make sure if either machine has the edge.

Also, do the Live and Plus memberships transfer over and continue as they were? Can I also go back and use my Plus membership on my PS3?
  • Which one has the best version of BayonetsBayonetta 2?

TRollololololololllll
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Which one has the best version of BayonetsBayonetta 2? TRollololololololllll

Thankfully I have my WiiU for that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Psn plus and live both transfer across and continue working on previous consoles too.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Kow wrote:

I am getting both consoles, but I'm just looking to make sure if either machine has the edge.

Also, do the Live and Plus memberships transfer over and continue as they were? Can I also go back and use my Plus membership on my PS3?

Yeah Live and PS+ carry over, you can claim the free games in advance from the websites.

Surprised one of the PC master race hasn't been in to point out the error of your console heathen ways.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Destiny on PS4 a no brainer if you have both as more Badgers there.

Everything else go where friends are imo. Despite the bollocks by the press spouted and Digital Foundry, the differences are not worth writing home about.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yes, nvinewrd fnvidiacardhe same price as a console. I'll be having one anyway.

Argh, swype has gone nuts.
  • PS4 seems to be this gen's 360.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There was a lot of hoo ha about that earlier in the year but they seem pretty much the same now. Some nonsense about pixels but that's about it.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    Which one has the best version of BayonetsBayonetta 2? TRollololololololllll

S09vaoE.jpg
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Thought this was gonna be pure clickbait. Wondered if I'd find Mod and Davie fighting to the death
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Im actually interested in how people who have both systems can compare the new game purchase experience from 

1. Getting home and putting the disc in the tray
    2. Entering any digital codes/online passes
    3. Starting day one patches
    4. Installing game
    5. Being able to play it. 

Does either system have an option to get to step 5 in under an hour?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm impressed that we've made it half a page without anyone leaving the forum.
  • I'm enjoying the couple of games I've got so far for my PS4 - Destiny, Ground Zeroes, the 10 minutes of P.T. I could stand before something finally happened in the corridor and I pooped myself and turned it off.

However, the UI and the networking and the friends list shit is fucking terrible, I only have a 360 to compare it to, but I weep every time that expanse of poorly used blue space appears on my screen. Every menu is fucking tedious, and laid out with no thought and the options button is retarded when it wants me to use it even when an object only has one option associated with it.

AND WHERE THE FUCK IS THE TRACKPAD NAVIGATION IN ANY OF THE MENU'S OUTSIDE OF THE TEXT INPUT WINDOW!? Fucking hell Sony, lovely console hardware, fucking terrible UI.

What really bugs the tits off me though is that the console appears to be obsessed with health and safety. That warning about epilepsy every time you start it up, an entire H&S manual contained within the shitty system menu. What in the actual fuck does this need to be hardwired into the console for? ZZZZzzzz......
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I'm impressed that we've made it half a page without anyone leaving the forum.
    We're really slacking these days.
  • Cheers for all the info.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    [Deletes user]
  • Fucking well done everyone!
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Vela wrote:
    Im actually interested in how people who have both systems can compare the new game purchase experience from 

1. Getting home and putting the disc in the tray
    2. Entering any digital codes/online passes
    3. Starting day one patches
    4. Installing game
    5. Being able to play it. 

Does either system have an option to get to step 5 in under an hour?

I have both so feel qualified to offer opinion,

1, both have reasonably large patches but downloaded and installed pretty quickly. Download speeds on PSN seem much improved from the PS3 days. The xbox has a nicer feeling disc mechanism.

2, a kinect equipped xbox makes scanning codes super easy. It's the same old chore on the ps4.

3, neither are as quick and easy for downloading game updates as a 360. The xbox games I have seen to have larger patches.

4, with the games I own, the ps4 has been much quicker than the xbone for getting the games installed to the point you can play them.

5, as above.

Other thoughs:

Ridiculous install and patch times from the PS3 are thankfully a thing of the past.

Neither pad is as good as the 360's. The ps4 one hurts my hand after extended play sessions.

The ps4 interface is basically the same as the ps3 but slightly better.

The Xbox ones interface is basically the same as the 360's but slightly worse.

Edit: think I got going on the ps4 in less than an hour (ac4) and well over an hour on xbox (dr3)
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • What's the paywall situation with the XB1 these days?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    James wrote:
    Neither pad is as good as the 360's. The ps4 one hurts my hand after extended play sessions.

Glad to have read this. I've never got on with Sony pads, but everyone saying how much improved the new ones are made me think that maybe they'd fixed it this time around. In between the pads, the exclusives and the fact that I've already started Destiny on the 360, I think when I do finally jump, it will be into Microsoft's loving embrace.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What's the paywall situation with the XB1 these days?

It went ages ago. As far as online stuff available for free or paid for, both consoles are on a par.
  • Oh the ps4 pad is definitely better than previous playstation pads. But for some reason it makes my ring and pinky ache on my left hand after a while.
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dualshock pads make my hands cramp on sight.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thread disappoint.

Guys come on now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Online for xbox has disimproved since 360 but is still way ahead of psn in terms of efficiency and quality of connection.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There.
‹ Previous123456721

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!