Strength [+2]
  • Yeah I'm tanking blue top milk whenever I can. I'm not at the stage of macros and all that just yet but I do know I'm underweight and not eating enough. Maybe the smoking is suppressing it..

Just in case there's any specific brands/items you guys recommend for it. I'm happy with my diet just now, I'm just remaining sensible with plenty of home cooked food as always with one eye on the labels of stuff. Almost completely eradicated unnecessary sugar. Haven't had a fizzy drink in weeks.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also silly as it sounds, even before you consciously set up a diet for yourself, start to monitor what you eat. You'll likely surprise yourself, also I said set up a diet, don't do that, just create better habits. Loads of stuff is also crazy unintuitive, packaged fresh pasta is often worse than dry pasta, as the dry doesn't have same levels of preservatives. Never buy a tomato pasta sauce, they're all super easy and the ingredients are super cheap. Plus you get to play with them, tweak the flavours, add new stuff. Every other week I'll make about 2 litres of a tomato based sauce, and it goes into old jars in the fridge
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Drink lots of beer, accumulate mass.
  • Cocko, I think your advice is sound but falls into the “eating healthily” category. Gav wants to bulk up, so to combine eating healthy and bulking...

Eggs? Scrambled or fried etc, but the whole eggs add up calorie wise. And they taste fucking amazeballs

In your salads, add olives, avocado, feta cheese and seeds and maybe some nuts.

For snacks, stuff with peanut butter. Full fat yoghurt and stuff. Cheese again.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Brands wise, I can only go by what I’ve had, and I’d say Optimum Nutrition’s Gold Standard Gainer is quite clean. Not much sugar but does have some sweetener. Carbs:protein on roughly 2:1 ratio. Have it with some yoghurt, vanilla ice-cream, peanut butter, full fat milk in a blender. Calories will shoot through the roof. 

Costs a bit though.
  • Fat-Mac.png

Edit: @griff

Thank you Elf.

Bingo
  • You don’t need to increase meal size. Increase meal regularity. Aim for 5/6 lunch sized meals per day. Heavy on the protein (tuna, chicken and eggs if you’re a carnivore), supplement with handfuls of almonds for snacking. Avoid too much fulll fat dairy as it’s really bad for you. Try almond milk as it’s rich in protein and usually has added B12. If you’re lean, don’t worry too much about carbs either - you won’t get fat if you’re working out hard and regular.

EDIT : look up the Hench Herbivore if you want advice on bulking and eating healthy at the same time.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Drink lots of beer, accumulate mass.

2018 was mostly liquid diet, which also meant lot's of pizza, kebab, and supermarket meal deals, put on 10 kg of 'much closer to death' in around 4 months without noticing

edit: Also on topic, swapping milk in for your water is an idea, but for me it meant wind, loose stools, and feeling queasy all the time. But then I was actively trying to hammer loads of it
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm fat

@Jim dairy avoidance is too blanket, it really depends on what Gav can manage (accounting for your non-animal preferences and I've been there x). For me, provided it's unhomogenised and from a good source (single farm) I can hammer milk until I pass out. It's an old standard Gav but if you've the stomach for it, GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) works. Heavy fat foods like nut butters and high fat cheeses (brie particularly) are handy to snack on, and cook everything in butter. In fact, just eat butter.

Once you work out your BMR/TDEE targets though it will be easier because then you know you have to eat what's on the list for the day to see progress. At your height weight and apparent metabolism I'd be aiming for ballpark 3000 calories a day for a month.

Also stop smoking you tit.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    Also stop smoking you tit.

Yes.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Cheers gents. I once had an instant coffee made by my vegan mate with soya milk in it. Fucking horrid, so maybe that's put a block in my mind to milk alternatives. Might be worth just asking for it next time I'm at a genuine place getting a latte, cheers. Is Oat Milk any good?

Yeah I'm trying to hit that ballpark figure. My best mate who's heavily into all this does the method you describe Jim, but it's hard for me especially when I'm at work and only get one half hour tea break. I've found myself already smoking less, giving up completely has always been On The List, so if I get there sooner than expected its a bonus.

Legs today. Beat my PB with the leg press, and integrated leg extensions and some new floor exercises into it. Bear in mind my main goal here is to strengthen my legs/knees so I can play football, anything else is a bonus tbh.

Thanks again.
  • Is proper milk a no-no for you? If not, just stick to normal milk.
  • I'm good with full fat, been that way all my life. Can't stand any other "normal" variant.
  • I like unhomogenised (Guernsey) milk, daughter also loved it but Boy hated it, so instead of having 2 types of milk at home we just stick to (organic) blue.
  • Milk is growth juice for cows, and cows are hench.
  • I bet you could get tiger milk from China, so maybe look into that?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Duh, that's Guernsey milk, milk from an island, it'll make him rock
  • The Tesco finest Guernsey milk is insane. It's like having cream on your granola. I'd be all over it if I wasn't such a fat fuck already.
  • Is there any of those "protein bars" worth any cop? Or am I better just trying to get it from more natural sources? Had one of those "grenade carb killa" ones today. Just whether it's worth my while ordering a box of something like that from amazon to get them on a deal.

And one last question..

Does the farting ever stop??
  • Carb Killa is decent. But protein bar costs rack up. They’re not cheap, specially the good ones.

Quest Bars are the cleanest I’ve come across and a couple of the flavours are palatable. Expensive though. £2.99 a bar is RRP. Whenever I see them on sale, I grab loads to stock up, but they’re not on sale often. Although I then run the risk of them going out of date by the time I eat the last of my batch. 

Reflex R Bar is my next fave in terms of being clean. Slightly cheaper than Quest Bars.

Carb Killa is third. Not as clean, but the tastiest and more likely to be on sale.
  • That said, stick to whole foods. Cheaper and better.

And farting does stop... once you get used to eating more protein. I think.
  • Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out on them for deals.

And that's good to know cos currently I sound like a fucking Herb Alpert album.
  • What you need to do is get a 3 cans of tuna, 1kg of cooked turkey finely diced, 10 soft poached eggs, tablespoon of salt, same for pepper, the juice of 2 limes, some chilli flakes. Mix it all up in a bowl, roll it up in clingfilm like a draft excluder. Pop in the fridge until set, cut into 1 inch disks and freeze. Eat a protein puck every hour and watch the gainz.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    180kg 1RM confirmed. I reckon I had maybe 185 in me, but a long time coming was that milestone. Not super smooth but no hitching and a clean lockout
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Nice!

I’m kinda enjoying the running at the moment and seeing myself improve, but also itching to get back to weight training. And eating more and getting bigger. Hopefully.

Gonna probably check out Oly lifts in April or May.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I have largely resigned myself to never managing to get any good at Oly lifts, make me proud helf
  • Was sitting last night after work then pretty suddenly felt what I can only describe as ropey. Cold sweats, shivering, general uneasiness. Had been at the gym mon, Tues and weds and started thinking maybe I need to get some supplements or multivitamins to stop this kinda thing from happening. Working at a hospital doesn't help all this. I'm in work and downing water but still feel horrible but anyway, can anyone recommend a good multivitamin?

My mates seem to think this is a reaction from all the working out/shakes/diet changes but I'm not sure.
  • Could it be ketosis?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!