Strength [+2]
  • I'm thinking that, there's been a bug about. Anyway, I'll survive. I hope.
  • I’m guessing he would be bed bound and really unwell if he had the flu. Could just be a common cold-like viral infection or something. Working out 3 days in a row as well as a (I’m guessing) fairly physically demanding job can have toll on immune system and made him more susceptible to germs flying around at this time of the year. 

Too much too soon, dude.

3x a week, Monday-Wednesday-Friday kinda routine for strength training is all you need.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The above sounds sensible to me. A few years back when I started at gym I was trying something for three weeks then trying something else. I never really knew what worked as I was changing it all up too often. I'd just try seeing a routine and going with it for 3 months, includes food choices too. Bodies are built to adapt just they have to know what they're adapting to, working out every day like that is what you already get from work. That's where your farmers strengthen will grow, but the gym work you need rest and fuel
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah I mean, I do on avg 7 miles a day walking in here, so maybe my body just needs a wee rest. Was following advice of day 1 lower half, day 2 upper half, day 3 cycle and row, day 4 rest. Its the work gym I go to and my rota and days off can be different every week so it's hard to lock things in for certain.

Oh well, I'm breaking my no fizzy juice rule for some lucozade, drinking gallons of water and taking ibuprofen, should be fine by Monday to get back after it. I've been taken off patient movement and doing pharmacy deliveries so it ain't that bad, I'll survive.

Cheers chaps.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Could be just run down Gav. Body just telling you to take it easy for a few days.
  • Vitamin C. And take it easy. Remember, your body needs recovery time / days. As has been said, 3 times a week for strength training is enough (unless you're going for competitions).
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Gyms are a cesspit of disease.
  • People that don’t use the spray when they’ve finished on a machine. Eurgh.
  • My physio gave me some dumbbell exercises to strengthen my shoulders to help stabilise my golfers/climbers elbow. I'm supposed to do dumbbell rows in various styles with 10kg, the dumbbells are this style.

51A%2Bc93jivL._SL1001_.jpg

Is this 10kg total or 10kg each end?
  • 10Kg total. Pretty light for doing bent-rows, that.
  • Climbing specific physio exercises so I'm just doing what I'm told. Arms hurt today though after climbing then doing the program.
  • Also any recommendations for dumbbells, curl bar stuff. Don't want to spend a fortune.
  • And TRX stuff, that's pretty tough.
  • Jaco wrote:
    10Kg total. Pretty light for doing bent-rows, that.

They're to stabilise his secondary chain or whatever its called to stop him hurting his joints because they weren't strong enough to maintain a stability during exercise innit.

Also I actually just lift 10kg for my normal exercises so come at my low testosterone noodle armed candy ass etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    10Kg total. Pretty light for doing bent-rows, that.

Depends on where you're starting maybe?
  • 10kg seems about right for physio-rehab work. I just used bands when I did my AC joint in.
  • I suppose. Just seemed a touch light. I warm up on 17.5Kg dumb-bells usually. *shrug*
  • 17.5kg seems heavy for work set on physio work let alone warm ups! Unless of course you’re massive, dude.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    10kg seems about right for physio-rehab work. I just used bands when I did my AC joint in.

Me too for rotator cuff, bands only and a weekly Irish bloke kicking the crap out of my upper body with his minty smelling hands. I use charcoal flavoured toothpaste nowadays because of the flashbacks
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    17.5kg seems heavy for work set on physio work let alone warm ups! Unless of course you’re massive, dude.

Not really massive for bent-rows. I use 32.5Kgs for my top set.

• hylian_elf wrote:
    10kg seems about right for physio-rehab work. I just used bands when I did my AC joint in.

I've been using bands for the last three months. I think I've got some big imbalances after getting back to climbing. Turns out there's quite a lot to learn about antagonistic exercise, it's just not as fun as clambering up stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bands cables and light dumbbells for rehab is aok. Fast concentric, slow eccentric (like a 5 count).
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Cross post from fitness thread. 

Got a pair of compression tights things on the cheap from TK Maxx. How the hell do you wear these things?!

I feel exposed.
  • People wear their shorts over them innit.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    People wear their shorts over them innit.

Yup. If you only wear tights be prepared for people looking at your weiner.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Lol yeah I’m wearing shorts. It was also getting them on that was a bit weird/awkward. Suppose there’s a method to lining up the seams etc cos there are some rubbery and stretchy bits that go over the muscle groups or something.
  • I’ll get used to it. 

My daughter was like “what are you wearing? You look...” and walked off.
  • I only wear leggings, no shorts. Wanna see those beautiful legs I work hard for and yes, that glorious wiener of mine. Though when I lived in England I was asked not to come into Sainsbury’s wearing only my leggings.
  • Lol ladies at the tills would probably faint

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!