Strength [+2]
  • 90kg ohp for a single. I could weigh that with a bit of a purge, but I might keep up the food and go 92.5kg next week. Big singles 3 weeks in a row might be pushing it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Cripes.

I don't imagine ill ever manage that. If I can do 75 ohp I'll consider that a life win.

Did manage 2x5 @ 187.5 deadlift though, on to 190.

Also this is madness.

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • He’s a beast. I enjoy watching the 76kg and 81kg categories though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 92.5 hard fail ohp. Managed 85 for 3 though so progress.

The guys at the top of Olympic weightlifting are insane. It’s incredible in the context of us mere mortals.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I was happy hitting 52.5 (5x3) today and then you post this shit FML :-)
  • How much do you weigh, voices?
  • 92.5kg....

Probably 93 really. It makes pull ups hard, which is the next bit of this workout.
  • b0r1s wrote:

Nah - that’s impressive. The 3rd set of ohp is killer. Your 5x3 weight will be a fair bit less than your 5x1.

• Here I am doing about 30kg. 8x4
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • voices wrote:
    92.5kg.... Probably 93 really. It makes pull ups hard, which is the next bit of this workout.

BW OHP... holy fuck
  • Yeah but it didn’t happen did it.... I even got someone to film the attempt.
  • Well you’re not far off. You did 90 didn’t you?
  • Also 85x3 is still beastly.
  • Yeah I hit 90 last week - last weekly cycle of weights anyway. I did a few weeks of eating 250g of mince and 5 eggs for dinner plus rice or potatoes and spinach and it’s had a huge impact on strength.

Edit: and I also had a kilo of toffee sweets over 2 weeks - just in case that also had some impact.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    voices wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:

Nah - that’s impressive. The 3rd set of ohp is killer. Your 5x3 weight will be a fair bit less than your 5x1.

Right goal of 80 5x1 by end of year set!
  • You will need a lot of eggs and mince.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    welp I did 200kg DL for a double. I think I had 3 in me but wasn't going to push it. Yay?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Whoa crazy! Well done dude!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Thanks maaan
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Just you wait another ten years and a fucktonne of steroids Vere, I'll catch you yet
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice! Crazy but nice. It’s killing me to break 110 at the moment. Mmm steroids you say??
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    DO IT but no really don't I haven't and wouldn't Vere might disagree though wherever he is
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah I’m not going to. Broke through my 50 ohp so the gains are coming slowly but I’ll get there. I’d be happy with 140DL I think.
  • 200kg is a goal for me. I reckon I <might> be good for it now (for a single) but it’s hard to say, and it definitely wouldn’t be pretty. It always feels like there’s more in the tank for lower body lifts, with the limit being core strength rather than legs (I.e form starts to drift).

Anyway - congrats, that’s a monster lift. What is it in terms of BW?

Steroids - I can’t be bothered to source them, understand them and keep on top of them. Add in the impact on natural hormones and I’m happy to give them a miss, but I certainly think each to their own. Worlds strongest man is all the better for having everyone juiced to the eyes.
  • Skerret wrote:
    DO IT but no really don't I haven't and wouldn't Vere might disagree though wherever he is

I’m here!! Just crazy times now being a Z-List TV celebrity. Trying to ‘cut’ a lot at the moment but keep all my strength and it’s tough biscuits but fun.

Steroids are amazing. But ONLY if you understand them and do a hell of a lot of research. Like most things they can do more harm than good if you don’t respect them.

Did shoulder pressing and front delts today and I’m in bits.
  • Yeah, I’ve heard it’s more work managing them than it is simply going to the gym. Definitely not the quick or easy solution people think they are.
  • Speaking of cutting, I’ve overshot my bulk due to a faulty set of scales, so it’s the hungry life for the next 8 weeks.
  • voices wrote:
    Yeah, I’ve heard it’s more work managing them than it is simply going to the gym. Definitely not the quick or easy solution people think they are.

Definitely not, they do next to nothing positive by themselves, they merely give you the ability to make gains IF you’re happy to eat sleep and train 10x harder than you normally would. And really it’s a rabbit hole of management.
    voices wrote:
    Speaking of cutting, I’ve overshot my bulk due to a faulty set of scales, so it’s the hungry life for the next 8 weeks.

Oh mannnn...that truly sucks! What you cutting for?
  • So that I’m not fat, look vaguely like I go to the gym, be ok at running somewhat (25 min 5k) and lift body weight strict press. Initial goal is to get under 90, but I think I need to be under 85 for those goals to be reasonably achievable for me.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Anyway - congrats, that’s a monster lift. What is it in terms of BW?
    Just over 2x - I'm currently around 97 and am hoping to end up at about 90 with minimal strength loss

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!