Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm toying with doing some oly stuff again cos I've got some Reebok legacy lifters and they are Good.

Went for 2x5 185kg DL and managed 1x5, 1x3+2 so not quite.

In the plus column I did 3x5 at 112.5kg squats which I have basically never done (for those reps) so the shoes are magic.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Squat below parallel?
  • Probably to parallel.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Just below. I can hit ATG ok but leg length means above a certain weight it's too tricky to catch it consistently
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • ATG high bar squats. Not bad. Gotta do some ATG overhead squats too. They’re hard right now. 

Did some very light muscle snatches and power snatches yesterday. It’s gonna take a while to drill all the stuff into me.
  • Watched a couple of CrossFit Games vids on YouTube. Absolutely shocking.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I don’t understand cross fit. Looks like recipe for injuries all over the shop.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Up to 120kg squats (HB) for 3x5 which is a big achievement for me.

Also managed 60kg OHP 3x5 and 2x5 185kg deads, ticking along nicely.

I want to get back to clean and snatch but not sure my body will let me, good work helf

CF is a horror for all bar a tiny percentage of people
  • Someone's been drinking their deadlift juice. Is your low bar squat much heavier than your high bar, or is it an injury keeping it that much lower than your dl?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Can't lowbar die to my shoulder mobility and subsequent brachioradialis pain, but it would be heavier by 5 or 10.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Squat in general in a mechanical issue, long femurs and short torso means I need to l really push hard to stay upright enough. New shoes helping a lot.
  • I’m gonna buy a pair of Anta. 

(Not really)
  • Skerret wrote:
    Squat in general in a mechanical issue, long femurs and short torso means I need to l really push hard to stay upright enough. New shoes helping a lot.

That sucks - squat shoes are great, so maybe you'll make fast progress.

I have trouble staying upright, but it's a hip mobility issue. I'm pounding front squats at the moment to try to fix the issue, and also to strengthen my quads to stop my hips shooting up.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm I could stand to do a bit more quad work, lower quads are lagging a bit. Stupid legs.

My hip mobility was helped by light long pause deep squats, really forces you to hold that position and burn it in.
  • Just watched the whole of the 81kg session of IWF weightlifting championship. Amazing.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ooh. Those people are incredible.

Back in shitty reality I managed 187.5 deadlift for 2x4, fucked the last rep both times. Bleh. Should be able to do 200 though, first rep came up pretty clean.
  • I have found that deadlift actual one rep max is higher than the rep max would indicate.

You might as well just give it a shot. I bet you could do 220 (with straps maybe, depending what your grip is like).
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Grip is rubbish cos small hands and right hand tendons don't seem terribly developed so gives out early. Using straps for current lifts. Mixed grip fucks my back up so can't use it. Probably would have a mixed grip 200 in me, maàybe a strapped 220. Maybe.
  • Ah that sucks. I cut the ends of some of my left hand fingers off some years ago, but I can still crush the shit out of stuff. I managed a 152.5 double overhand last week; go me. I can't deadlift 220 so it's swings and roundabouts.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Hook-grip is the only way ;) Some tasty numbers though guys!
  • 87.5kg Ohp for a single. No idea how I managed 85 for a triple a little while ago. I missed 87.5kg hard the week after that and have just reached that weight after a deload. I hit 85kg for a double last week, which felt solid. I think I must have loaded the bar wrong.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Serious number. That a standing OHP?
  • Yeah - standing OHP with no leg drive. I wear a belt, but I'm not sure how much that improves the lift (just makes it a bit kinder on my lower back).

OHP is around 66% of my bench press, which I think is a decent ratio.
  • Belt will help more with Valsalva. I use it on my heaviest, not that I’ve down heavy (for me) pressing in a while. Definitely allow me to press a little more than without.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    voices wrote:
    Ah that sucks. I cut the ends of some of my left hand fingers off some years ago, but I can still crush the shit out of stuff. I managed a 152.5 double overhand last week; go me. I can't deadlift 220 so it's swings and roundabouts.
    I still have all my fingers so can't complain. I can manage about up to 160 for a single (double overhand) but after that my right hand fails. Left hand is good up to 4 plates.

That's a monstrous OHP. I'm up to 62.5 for 3x5 so not sure of my 1RM but can't fathom pushing 90 overhead.

• Well... it's not quite 90kg. I've only ever done that much as a push press, which isn't part of my program (but I might add it for some fun next week, since I'm now wondering what I could do).

OHP is a funny lift - hard sets have a really big impact on subsequent sets, so I'm guessing 3x5 might translate into 65 for 5, and maybe even 67.5 for 5. I've also found it doesn't follow the normal 1 rep max formulas, so alternatively you might find that 67.5 doesn't go up even once.

Roids/testosterone have a massive impact on the lift, so all these numbers look tiny compared to what some people out there are doing. 

One day though.... 2 plates.... THAT would be beastly.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If I can hit a 2 plate OHP, 5 plate dead and a 3 plate squat, I'll have won.
  • One of those is not like the other....
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I know, I'll never hit 3 plates :'(
  • I just used a 'proper' constant width belt for the first time squatting. The difference is unreal. Feels like cheating how much stronger my core feels. Best feeling squats I've done since I was in my 20s.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!