Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Poor WiFi?

Someone leeching it?

ISP prioritising Speedtest.net results?

Crappy ISP DNS?
  • Thanks Mod.
    First two unlikely I think, as I have a strong wifi signal and it's been happening consistently for several days now. Prior to that, no problem whatsoever. Third is possible, however, as I'm supposed to be on 60Mb (Virgin Superhub thing) I really shouldn't be having problems streaming iPlayer stuff, even if speedtest isn't an accurate measure of my actual speed.
    I have no idea what the last one means, sorry.
  • Don't believe the speedtests?
  • Yes, but if a speedtest is showing 50Mb+ is it really likely that I'm actually only getting less than 1/10 of that speed?
  • Ok, can somenone here help me with Outlook2013 and oab?
    I'm trying to retrieve an adress list from an old oab save but somehow Outlook refuses to import it. I'm a clueless thicko so I'm probably doing something horribly wrong.

Help?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yes, but if a speedtest is showing 50Mb+ is it really likely that I'm actually only getting less than 1/10 of that speed?

Have you tried a wired connection to rule out shitty Wi-Fi?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Ok, can somenone here help me with Outlook2013 and oab? I'm trying to retrieve an adress list from an old oab save but somehow Outlook refuses to import it. I'm a clueless thicko so I'm probably doing something horribly wrong. Help?

They're not designed to be imported are they?

You probably want to try opening it in a text editor or oab specific editor to get the address you want.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    Ok, can somenone here help me with Outlook2013 and oab? I'm trying to retrieve an adress list from an old oab save but somehow Outlook refuses to import it. I'm a clueless thicko so I'm probably doing something horribly wrong. Help?
    They're not designed to be imported are they? You probably want to try opening it in a text editor or oab specific editor to get the address you want.

Yes and yes.
    How would I go on about doing that?

I was kindof hoping I could just open it in Outlook but that's not going to work I guess.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Just try opening notepad and dragging the file into it. See what happens.
  • No way, It can't be that simple.....
    Can it?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

I'm not sure what else to do. It's not designed to be imported. I suppose you could try overwriting the current OAB with the old one.
  • Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Saw some posts about that on a tech forum so might try that.
    Now I just have to locate where outlook stores its oab files......
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    drive:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\

apparently
  • Fantastic Mod, Luv ya!
    Will let you know whether this trick works or not.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Should I be worried that my machine keeps making beeping noises while I'm playing RAGE?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Should I be worried that my machine keeps making beeping noises while I'm playing RAGE?

Problem solved. I just play with headphones so I won't hear the beeping any more.
  • lulz
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hopefully one of you will be help me out with a slight problem I'm having.  I need to create a word template for people at work to use, that contains an image. Once the document is completed it gets converted to pdf prior to printing. When it is converted the image looses quality. I have tried jpg, PNG and tiff. Tiff works best but isn't perfect, is there anyway of ensuring a lossless conversion?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Does it have to be converted to PDF? I usually find .xps files handle images better.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Hadn't even thought of xps, will report back tomorrow.  Thanks mod.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I assume the beeping during games must mean some part of my PC is overheating. Is fitting an extra fan to the chassis likely to make a difference?
  • Hopefully one of you will be help me out with a slight problem I'm having.  I need to create a word template for people at work to use, that contains an image. Once the document is completed it gets converted to pdf prior to printing. When it is converted the image looses quality. I have tried jpg, PNG and tiff. Tiff works best but isn't perfect, is there anyway of ensuring a lossless conversion?

When you save as PDF in Word does it give you PDF settings options?
    If it does, a pound to a penny bet that the image compression is set to high.
    Set it to 300dpi if you are printing it out.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Personally I'd install cutePDF- it's a printer driver and opens a save dialogue with some options. The options in word are fucking awful and discombobulated between the save as dialogue and word's options.

Be careful as the cutepdf tried to install 3rd party stuff like ask. But other than that I use it for publishing.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Outlook.com/Hotmail has been borderline unusable performance wise for a couple of days. 

Anyone else having this prob?
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Flew open fine for me just now.
  • three1ne wrote:
    Outlook.com/Hotmail has been borderline unusable performance wise for a couple of days.  Anyone else having this prob?
    A colleague at work told me she was having the same problem and yes same for me too (when accessed through IE anyhow). At home my mail's delivered via Windows Live Mail, which is still working fine.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Smeg. I was hoping to do the last chapter of Walking Dead today, but it seems while cleaning my PC I've knocked the CPU fan loose and now it starts overheating as soon as I switch it on. Think I need to buy some of that thermal paste stuff.
  • I need some RAM advice/knowledge if someone would be kind.
    I have a 2x 2.66GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro at home, with 2GB of 667 Mhz DDR2 RAM installed.
    I use it for a bit of design work and general tinkering.
    I have just looked at some DIMMs on ebay and I can get 
    4GB (2 x 2GB) PC2-6400U DDR2 RAM 800MHz Non-ECC 240Pin PC DIMM
     for £35.
    or
    UM142 4GB 2x2GB PC2-5300F FB Server ECC RAM DDR2 667MHz 2Rx4 240 Pin
    for £25.

The question is this, is the Mhz of the RAM a issue? Faster is better? Faster is always better isnt it?
    And whats this Non-ECC thing? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance swarmis.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I can partially help.

a) I know fuck all about RAM.

b) If you go to Crucial.com it'll check to see what RAM your machine can use, and then list out what they sell. The dearer is usually the betterer.
  • Thanks mod.
    I checked it out, 4 times the prices I found I won't be going for that!
    It's probably soopa ram, but I don't need soopa ram.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!