The British Politics Thread
  • Would Brexit party voters even care about those accusations though?

“Well done mate, saw you on the telly giving it to them fackin’ Muslims. Nice one.”
  • Aye, was thinking the same. Hopefully it helps deter fence-sitters though.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • No they probably wouldn't but it is the level that should be investigated and can lead to an organisation being banned.
  • Might deter those Tories who think they aren't evil.

This video of Johnson refusing to look at the picture of the kid with pneumonia is yet another disqualifying act from the cunt.
  • The Tory currently on C4 news genuinely just tried to paint Johnson as the victim, being harangued by a journalist thrusting his phone at him while poor Boris was merely trying to explain policy.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    No they probably wouldn't but it is the level that should be investigated and can lead to an organisation being banned.

They’d just use it to whine and moan about the liberal metropolitan elite and the remoaner conspiracy against democracy.

They’re cunts obviously, but if you haven’t seen through them by now you never will.

EDIT: ‘you’ the Brexit voters - not you ‘LivDiv’, you’re great
  • I think they did a good job of shedding a large part of their racist image when they shifted from UKIP which had become tainted.
  • It’s just a rebadged BNP isn’t it really? But they start a new party when the old one gets too tainted by hatred and bigotry.
  • Yeah pretty much.
    Like snakes shedding their skin.
  • Someone fucked up at the Beeb cause they seem to be showing a Panorama doc about the horrors of Universal Credit right before the election.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    It’s just a rebadged BNP isn’t it really? But they start a new party when the old one gets too tainted by hatred and bigotry.
    The bnp, while vile, was an actual party.

The brexit party is argued by some basically a swindling scam.
  • Yes that’s true, but I’m guessing many of these footsoldiers and lower level members just float from one far right group to the next.
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Can someone fill me in on corbyn and the ira? As someone brought it up when we were talking politics and I had no idea what they were on about.
    This is a good primer Matty:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland

Ta muggs.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Boris refusing to look at a picture of a kid stricken with pneumonia having to lie on top of a pile of coats due to a lack of hospital beds is a story which is beginning to gain traction. Hope the kid is now ok.

Could this be Boris's Gillian Duffy moment? I bloody well hope so.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • He has probably got a kid with Gillian Duffy.
  • He is used to recoiling when someone asks him to look at a photo of a kid, his normal response is "it looks nothing like me".
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can someone with a bit more media savvy tell me why he wouldn't let himself look at it? It was so weird, he could have looked at it and still said whatever Brexit smokescreen bullshit he was trying to get out. I don't know what's to gain by not looking at it and confiscating the phone.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    BECAUSE IT WOULD SHOW WEAKNESS
  • Maybe the one cell of humanity in his entire sack of carcass may have reacted and broken media training.

Maybe he just thought he could tea leaf the journo's phone.
  • d0ROsMdtP1r4.gif
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Looking at an ill child on the floor of a hospital corridor could take him out of his bullshitting zone.
  • Can someone with a bit more media savvy tell me why he wouldn't let himself look at it? It was so weird, he could have looked at it and still said whatever Brexit smokescreen bullshit he was trying to get out. I don't know what's to gain by not looking at it and confiscating the phone.

I don’t claim to have media savvy, but he was trying to control the interview and use it as a platform, as is the way these days. If he looks at the picture, he’s letting the interviewer control the interview, and having to talk about something he doesn’t want to talk about.

The thing is, if he was a capable shitehawk, he would be able to answer the question quickly and bring his answer around to his own agenda. But because he’s an ignoramus, he couldn’t do something as deft as that. So, he just has to try to steamroll his way through it. He’s an incapable shitehawk.
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • XOMuggins wrote:
    I think it's a really difficult issue but I am profoundly uncomfortable with people giving any legitimacy to the IRA, or its offshoots. Forgive and forget, yes, but I would say that much of Ireland do not agree in any context of taking the lives of innocent people because someone has a hard on for 32 counties.

I totally agree. Luckily it seems the architects and implementers of the GFA were able to control their discomfort for the sake of peace.
  • Blocks100 wrote:

Yo there's a meme template begging to be made out of this.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Roujin - Nice but I fear it’s too positive. Politics at the moment has definitely taken on the nasty negative model of the USA. Let’s not promote our manifesto and policies. Let’s just tear down the opposition.

Anyway. Just watched the Channel 4 news piece on the Brexit party and I am absolutely shocked. Shocked that anyone would be surprised by this. I’m gonna say it. All Brexiters are a bunch of fucking racists.

I was going to qualify that last statement with something balanced. But no. They are racists. The fact that they may let people like Farage and BoJo make them feel better about their racism just reinforces their nasty, small-minded view of the world.
  • I'm not defending any form of racism here but there are certainly different forms of it.
    That C4 news bit showed the real malicious, vindictive type. The desire to attack regardless of consequence. These people are truly dangerous because they are the kind of cunts who would literally commit violent crimes. They are the same stock as the murderer of Jo Cox or that cunt who drove his van into a crowd of Muslims.
    Nasty pieces of work who will always be violent, they are just full of anger and are addicted to the fight.

Johnson is the non-predujiced predujiced. If you aren't a Bullingdon boy then get fucked. Not so much interested in opressing one race, religion, creed or class just standing on all of them to get ahead. He would just as quickly stab his party members, girlfriend, dad, friends errr brother in the back to get ahead.

Farage I'm not sure. I think he is more Johnson but gets a kick out of it. Much smarter than your C4 bit idiots or Tommy Robinson.

Know your racists.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    When The Times is even calling him out on BoJo’s racist views you know what’s what. (And I’m sure this is stuff he’s been told to say by Cummings et al)

“ EU migrants have been able to “treat the UK as if it’s part of their own country” for too long, Boris Johnson said yesterday as he reprised the core message of Vote Leave’s 2016 EU referendum campaign.”

How dare those Brits living in Europe treat it like their home. I mean they can’t have lived there for more than 30 years.
  • Yeah sounds like Cummings.
    Say something, anything to end the story about the boy on the hospital floor.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!