And what do you do? including linkedin if you like..
  • @Unlikely
    Oh yeah, you did a bunch of pie charts with age breakdowns of the forum. Still have those?
  • Tempy wrote:
    I work for E.on doing clerical work at £17k pa.
    Are you munching shit?
    I do feel like the thickest and least achieved of the Bear and Badger lot. Screw you talented bastards.

Depends where you are in life. 
    I'm 37 , I've done loads of stuff.

I should have by now.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • We need to do another one.

Cheers Google, I just look up to you and your Bateman ways and think I'll never compare. Paleo dat shit.
  • @Unlikely Oh yeah, you did a bunch of pie charts with age breakdowns of the forum. Still have those?

Wasn't me.  Think it might have been Serf Griff.
  • Tempy wrote:
    We need to do another one. Cheers Google, I just look up to you and your Bateman ways and think I'll never compare. Paleo dat shit.

One day, maybe offline I'll explain to you how very, very, very stupid and lucky I've been in life.

Literally everything I've ever accomplished in life has come despite my retarded way of living.

You not being a retarded gives you a huge advantage, so worry not. We'll soon get you on Paleo.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    @Unlikely Oh yeah, you did a bunch of pie charts with age breakdowns of the forum. Still have those?
    Wasn't me.  Think it might have been Serf Griff.

You're on very thick ice.
  • It's all relative though. I only feel like I started doing things at around the age of 30 or so, but in retrospect it hasn't been entirely dull (worked in Japan for a summer, for example). A lot of my mates were out popping pills every weekend and having what I thought was a mental social life for most of my 20s. I stopped feeling jealous when I realised that their club lifestyle actually bored me to tears...
  • I still have no idea what it is I'm not voting for.

just sayin'

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I feel dismay at being called professional or successful but i WILL say that in extremely good news i 'passed' my ATOS benefits evaluation (Which is a nightmare scenario for many) and I can continue to live comfortably/tolerably while i fiddle with my computer and dream of greater things
  • Congrats, Gunn.

Please draw us a picture as celebration!
  • SUPERGUNN!
  • PISSGUNN
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    You'd have to somehow gather data on what would have happened had he still been alive in order to answer the question.  So not really contrary so much as asking a stupid question.
    Well by that rationale you'd need to be able to actually see into the future to say "the world is now more dangerous" as they were at the time. Ach, I'm at it again, damn you.
    That's putting it backwards. It was a reaction to the idea that the world had suddenly become much safer, and how that was likely to turn out bollocks.
  • g.man wrote:
    PISSGUNN

troofs
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    extremely good news i 'passed' my ATOS benefits evaluation

Ah I'm pleased to hear that you are enough of a mentalist, according to ATOS, to keep receiving the benefits - friends of mine have been fucked over beyond belief. Out-sourcing assessments like this strikes me as reprehensible.
  • It's mental.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    Ah I'm pleased to hear that you are enough of a mentalist, according to ATOS, to keep receiving the benefits - friends of mine have been fucked over beyond belief. Out-sourcing assessments like this strikes me as reprehensible.

it's a bit of a phyrric victory always but it's futtbucking a lot of people at the moment, many i know, with really savage consequences to their quality of life, of all the people they could shave the pennies from, realy it shouldn't be these people
  • Jem wrote:
    I make movie posters. Seriously, that's actually a job that exists.
    You should check Jem's stuff out. It's awesome. He is a serious fucking 'what? he did that poster?' professional. One day I hope to be that awesome but it would take me until I'm dead and buried.
    Link please!

It's in his sig.

http://jeremysaunders.com/

and I'm claiming him for Britain.
  • Jem wrote:
    You should check Jem's stuff out. It's awesome. He is a serious fucking 'what? he did that poster?' professional. One day I hope to be that awesome but it would take me until I'm dead and buried.
    Link please!
    It's in his sig. http://jeremysaunders.com/ and I'm claiming him for Britain.

the man's spectacular
  • Despite working as a designer in a studio producing film posters, DVD sleeves etc...for nearly 10 years (not anymore) I can count on the fingers of one hand how many pieces of work that I have had approved by the client, that I would consider good design. OK not on a par with Jem's but pushing the envelope a bit.
    I had a look at his portfolio and it's really nice and really depressing at the same time because any desire to break new grounds has been well and truly kicked out of me by dealing with uninterested clients over those 10 years.

So yeh I am currently one very bored freelance graphic designer who is treading water and hoping some lightning bolt will strike and I will suddenly know what I want to do.
    I am currently freelancing at a company doing internal docs etc... they seems to think anything I do is really nice so at least there are no fights!
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    GUYS:

1lWkw.jpg
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I had a very bad accident in 2008 while I was pregnant, where I ended up paralysed (thankfully only temporarily) from the waist down. A long time in a hospital bed unable to move made me reassess what's really important to me and working in an office as a sales manage didn't figure on my list, funnily enough. Life is just too short.
    What happened? That sounds really scary.

I had gone to look at a horse for someone and being 4 months pregnant, decided a sedentary walk for 5mins would be fine. Sadly they failed to tell me the horse had a screw loose and still to this day I have no idea why it reared up and flipped over backwards on top of me. As it was getting up it kicked me full force with both back legs in my stomach. I think that's the point where I broke my back. Not really sure. Really indescribable pain for a long time, and finding out if I would regain feeling from the waist down was just a 'wait and see' approach from doctors. Lot of time to think in that hospital bed about things I wished I'd done and things I wasted time on. Working in a job I hated featured high on the list of wasted time. 

Edit: I think it must have looked something like this, from 20secs into the video.

• Holy shit! Thank god you recovered.

terrifying story

g.man
  • Jem wrote:

Amazing work Jem. I can see a personal style through your work. Actually never even thought about the work that goes into movie posters, it must be interesting and hard work to try and interpret what the client wants.
  • I have been in meaningful employment since I was 12 when I started a paper round, lugging the Yorkshire Evening Post to the people of East Leeds. Supermarket jobs in Netto and Sainsbury's followed, maintaining my position at the latter through my graphics degree at uni.

I then found a job of work at a Bradford printers, designing fairly standard stuff as business cards, letterheads and takeaway menus. This did give me an insight into litho printing and setting up for repro. I worked a seven day week combining this with weekend work at Sainsbury's.

I am currently at a design company in Bradford where I have been a studio designer covering graphics, editorial and illustration, a traditional games designer and then manager, until recently that is as I have now moved onto the artwork team in search of a fresh challenge. I am going to be looking into working with Unity as part of a work project so I will see where this takes me.

Very skilled in all things Macs, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, not too shabby in Cheetah 3D.

Toss up between a custard cream or an Oreo, would say Tunnock's Wafer but they are so much more than a biscuit.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • You Tunnocks people will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
  • Consulting Actuary (well almost done with the exams)- Non-Life/General Insurance ...Gawd bless Solvency II is all I'm saying.

Anywho, Mod you not Ltd'd yourself yet?  I went from permie last year (at the FSA) to setting up my Ltd company to start my contract...its a wonderful world I tell thee, give me a shout if you need some (albeit pretty basic) tips on setting it up.  Don't listen to the online firms/accountants that ask you to pay £100 with setting it up, can all be done over the Companies House website with minimal fuss.

Also get a good accountant.
  • I'm a personal trainer working for a large chain of gyms across the UK. Most of my day to day stuff involves telling people why they're fat and will always be.
    I do get to yell at people in a variety of classes involving circuits, bootcamp, power plates, trx, spinning and I teach Karate and Krav Maga on the side.

My average day is split between the fun described above and all the boringly mundane admin side of trying to keep the gym running. I'm being trained up to manage and run a gym of my own which has always been a dream of mine. 

But I'm also currently applying to the RAF to work as a Physical Training Instructor thanks to a brilliant suggestion by Elm and his lovely wife.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Today we had a toddler be violently sick in the Kids A-Z aisle. Luckily I wasn't first on the scene, so I didn't clean it.

Yep. Be jealous.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!