And what do you do? including linkedin if you like..
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    beano wrote:
    I don't suppose I can be cheeky and ask if you have a model quote/contract I could nick?

I shal do some digging- I deffo have some forms of some description somewhere.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    I'm currently an individual on disability who has taken the years at home to hone some fun skills in the realm of computery stuff, mainly graphics related, programming and actual mouse/tablet-pen to screen work. So, games making/'intereactive thingies', 2D and 3D art in a variety of contexts bla. Going over the breadth of what I do could take a while, anyways you all know what I do so hey! Here's what i'm working on currently as a gift to my partner: bam3.jpg boing
  • THERE I SAVED YOU YOU OWE ME A HAM
  • all the hams for you my friend
  • I work in a drum shop selling drum-kits and managing the web-shop a couple of days a week. I also spend a couple of days doing hard graft in a food factory that my friend owns. We make fancy pâté and stuff for Waitrose. In my spare time I try and be creative by doing various arty / designy stuff for people who ask me nicely. I'm also writing a book for children and I might illustrate it too. I would love to more of the arty / designy stuff and get paid for it.

Dark chocolate Tunnocks Caramel Wafer.
  • I like biscuits. I sometimes eat biscuits at work. Today I didn't have a biscuit, I had mini cheddars.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • When did we get onto biscuits?
  • I'm a garden designer.  I have RHS gold medals and best in show awards.

I also really need a good quality, well designed but simple and clean website! Do we know of anyone?

I could also do with a business to sponsor the build of my show garden for next years Chelsea flower show - around £70k if you fancy it.

I started the business around seven years ago and have just kept going.  I employ a small number of people to build and plant my designs.  We're based in Yorkshire and work mainly around here but, saying that, we've spent the most of the last year working on the same three fucking streets in Kensington with each new client trying to outdo the previous one.  We also have a pretty exciting site in the North East in the planning stage for some footballer - I didn't know who he was and this seemed to upset him.

For those looking at setting up any type of small business I'd say start small-ish, sole trader etc. and if you're good enough at what you do the business will just grow around you. Get an accountant who can advise where needed 'cos fuck me, PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax, Personal Self Assesment Tax - it's a fucking nightmare. I seem to do nothing but send cheques off to these guys every week and without the accountant it'd be almost impossible to keep track of how much, where and when.  It can be a real swine.

Anyway, I can't fly planes, build websites or film footballers but I'd say I'd be the man on this forum you'd want to make your garden pretty.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I guess I want you to explain why you live in the same neighbourhood as people who can afford million dollar cars.
    Because it's the nicest one, natch.
    ANSWER MY QUESTION!!!!
    Adverse Possession.

That an awesome story.

@yourfavouriteuncle - My word... your back. :0
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have no garden.
  • I'm a garden designer.  I have RHS gold medals and best in show awards. I also really need a good quality, well designed but simple and clean website! Do we know of anyone? I could also do with a business to sponsor the build of my show garden for next years Chelsea flower show - around £70k if you fancy it. I started the business around seven years ago and have just kept going.  I employ a small number of people to build and plant my designs.  We're based in Yorkshire and work mainly around here but, saying that, we've spent the most of the last year working on the same three fucking streets in Kensington with each new client trying to outdo the previous one.  We also have a pretty exciting site in the North East in the planning stage for some footballer - I didn't know who he was and this seemed to upset him. For those looking at setting up any type of small business I'd say start small-ish, sole trader etc. and if you're good enough at what you do the business will just grow around you. Get an accountant who can advise where needed 'cos fuck me, PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax, Personal Self Assesment Tax - it's a fucking nightmare. I seem to do nothing but send cheques off to these guys every week and without the accountant it'd be almost impossible to keep track of how much, where and when.  It can be a real swine. Anyway, I can't fly planes, build websites or film footballers but I'd say I'd be the man on this forum you'd want to make your garden pretty.
    That sounds like a pretty awesome way to make a living in my book.

+1

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've got a mate who is designing stalls for RHS shows. Do you need a stall designing?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    I'm currently an individual on disability who has taken the years at home to hone some fun skills in the realm of computery stuff, mainly graphics related, programming and actual mouse/tablet-pen to screen work. So, games making/'intereactive thingies', 2D and 3D art in a variety of contexts bla. Going over the breadth of what I do could take a while, anyways you all know what I do so hey!

Here's what i'm working on currently as a gift to my partner:

bam3.jpg

boing
    awesomeness. Love it. :D

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Elmlea wrote:
    When did we get onto biscuits?

you brought it up.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I got Frosty and Wookie to try American biscuits while they were here, don't think they were very impressed. 

As for work stuff, I used to be a sales and marketing manager in hotels. Basically being in charge of the hotels I worked for making any and all money. Developing targets, strategies, managing sales teams..zzzzz. Working for 5 star hotels was always good, but in general I despised the job unless I was dealing directly with customers. I'm not an office person. 

I had a very bad accident in 2008 while I was pregnant, where I ended up paralysed (thankfully only temporarily) from the waist down. A long time in a hospital bed unable to move made me reassess what's really important to me and working in an office as a sales manage didn't figure on my list, funnily enough. Life is just too short.

So right now I'm a Mum to an awesome 3 year old, and in my spare time I am slowly adding strings to my bow through volunteer work and courses to start up my own charity when I return to the UK next year.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    You're crackers revel.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I make movie posters. Seriously, that's actually a job that exists.
  • Do you make the good ones or the bad ones
  • Did you do Lassie?  You should have done Lassie.  Also Cujo.  And Teen Wolf.
  • Petey
    Show networks
    Twitter
    peterhughesdev
    PSN
    windupharlequin
    Steam
    windupharlequin

Send message
    Jem wrote:
    I make movie posters. Seriously, that's actually a job that exists.

At my old job, we used to do a lot of work for Universal. Pride of place in our office was a poster for The Boat that Rocked, where they'd managed to mispell at least three of the actors names.

Another good one was how we'd sometimes have to register new domain names for sites we'd been building because someone had sent out several thousand billboard posters with a URL that was completely different to the one we'd been told to get. That was if the film poster actually included the film's url, which they usually didn't.

But I'm sure you're not like that, Jem!
    The janitor.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Jem's an Aussie.  He's ours.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    You're crackers revel.

• Jem wrote:
    There's a good outfit in London that do trailers, title sequences and posters for movies. When I left college, I really, really wanted to work for them. Can't remember what they're called right now, but they've put out some quality work. And bizarrely, iirc, the MD writes gay vampire novels on the side. 

Never even responded to my showreel. :-(
  • Jem wrote:
    There's a good outfit in London that do trailers, title sequences and posters for movies. When I left college, I really, really wanted to work for them. Can't remember what they're called right now, but they've put out some quality work. And bizarrely, iirc, the MD writes gay vampire novels on the side.  Never even responded to my showreel. :-(

Maybe it wasn't gay or bloodsuckery enough.

Or had enough biscuits in it.
  • I had a very bad accident in 2008 while I was pregnant, where I ended up paralysed (thankfully only temporarily) from the waist down. A long time in a hospital bed unable to move made me reassess what's really important to me and working in an office as a sales manage didn't figure on my list, funnily enough. Life is just too short.
    What happened? That sounds really scary.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    The MD was Anne Rice?
  • I was saving the biscuits for the interview!
  • I'm a garden designer.  I have RHS gold medals and best in show awards. I also really need a good quality, well designed but simple and clean website! Do we know of anyone?

Mod74 says he isn't turning down offers. I have him working the south side at the moment and he wont get a break until he makes me 3 large.  

I love gardening, I get a kick about the whole creating something vibe. It something that gives gradual results that pay back over months. I'm all of a sudden quite jealous of you.
  • I was saving the biscuits for the interview!

should have taken Jammy dodgers and wore them round your neck. that might of randomly worked.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!