And what do you do? including linkedin if you like..
  • I had a very bad accident in 2008 while I was pregnant, where I ended up paralysed (thankfully only temporarily) from the waist down. A long time in a hospital bed unable to move made me reassess what's really important to me and working in an office as a sales manage didn't figure on my list, funnily enough. Life is just too short.
    What happened? That sounds really scary.

I live in constant fear that one of the bungled and botched that my pregnant wife works with will turn on her. Just an irrational fear.
    I can't begin to imagine how scared you were.  good you are better..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Someone put a business card for landscaping services through my letterbox yesterday.  I live in a flat.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    No, stupid.
  • +1
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Someone put a business card for landscaping services through my letterbox yesterday.  I live in a flat.

Someone stuck a flyer on my fence with the same thing. The red flyer got wet and dripped red all over my fence. Causing slight staining.   I phoned them at 2.37am this morning to advise them on my views of unsolicited flyers.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Good man!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I read and write.

I've just finished a book of interviews with academics on US state terrorism, I edit a simple self-designed website (using my very limited web design knowldege) that publishes articles and essays by left wing writers, and I'm doing a part-time PhD on the subject of ideology.

None of this makes money, however, so I also do a bit of private TEFL teaching.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Have you been keeping track of the revenge attacks carried out over the last 12 months because of bin-Ladens killing for me?

I seem to remember killing him made the world more dangerous not less, something like that wasn't it?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Have you been keeping track of the revenge attacks carried out over the last 12 months because of bin-Ladens killing for me?
    No.

I doubt it would have made the whole world more dangerous. Maybe some parts. Is there evidence to the contrary?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Ach, I'm being contrary and I'm trying not to be nowadays. This isn't even the right thread.
  • You'd have to somehow gather data on what would have happened had he still been alive in order to answer the question.  So not really contrary so much as asking a stupid question.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    By day, I work in print design (mostly museum and art gallery signage at the moment). I also dabble in video editing and motion graphics. I'm freelance but pretty permanent at a company.

By night, I'm an electronic musician/artist (currently working on an audio/visual installation for a festival)

I also write video game reviews for the Nottingham Post.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Ach, I'm being contrary and I'm trying not to be nowadays. This isn't even the right thread.

unless their is a jaffa cake involved, you're in the wrong place completely.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    You'd have to somehow gather data on what would have happened had he still been alive in order to answer the question.  So not really contrary so much as asking a stupid question.

Well by that rationale you'd need to be able to actually see into the future to say "the world is now more dangerous" as they were at the time.

Ach, I'm at it again, damn you.
  • Just putting my $0.02 on this.

We seem to be a pretty successful forum from a professional perspective. Except elmlea pretending to live in Nevada flying robot planes!
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    You'd have to somehow gather data on what would have happened had he still been alive in order to answer the question.  So not really contrary so much as asking a stupid question.
    Well by that rationale you'd need to be able to actually see into the future to say "the world is now more dangerous" as they were at the time. Ach, I'm at it again, damn you.

you got a couple of weeks out of it... look at it that way
  • google wrote:
    Just putting my $0.02 on this. We seem to be a pretty successful forum from a professional perspective. Except elmlea pretending to live in Nevada flying robot planes!

Yes, there is a satisfying lack of shit munching, mouth breathers.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Well by that rationale you'd need to be able to actually see into the future to say "the world is now more dangerous" as they were at the time. Ach, I'm at it again, damn you.

Heh.
  • The better nature of our angels
  • google wrote:
    Just putting my $0.02 on this. We seem to be a pretty successful forum from a professional perspective. Except elmlea pretending to live in Nevada flying robot planes!

Yes, there is a satisfying lack of shit munching, mouth breathers.

I work for E.on doing clerical work at £17k pa.

• Tempy wrote:

Are you munching shit?
  • Jem wrote:
    I make movie posters. Seriously, that's actually a job that exists.

You should check Jem's stuff out. It's awesome. He is a serious fucking 'what? he did that poster?' professional. One day I hope to be that awesome but it would take me until I'm dead and buried.
  • Tempy wrote:

Are you munching shit?

I do feel like the thickest and least achieved of the Bear and Badger lot. Screw you talented bastards.
  • 'sfunny, because you come across as one of the smarter ones. 

I'm still not voting for you though.
  • Jem wrote:
    I make movie posters. Seriously, that's actually a job that exists.
    You should check Jem's stuff out. It's awesome. He is a serious fucking 'what? he did that poster?' professional. One day I hope to be that awesome but it would take me until I'm dead and buried.
    Link please!
  • Tempy wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Are you munching shit?
    I do feel like the thickest and least achieved of the Bear and Badger lot. Screw you talented bastards.

You're only 12 though, so you're doing fine.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Are you munching shit?

Mate, you're often one of the most articulate and well rounded individuals I've met online. 

You're also going to Uni very soon.

You're in a tough environment and succeeding and progressing. You're doing great!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!