Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • None of your instant Nescafé shit either. I’m talking stove top or cafetiere here.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Gonz has been away too long, he has been with his Oxford lot, forgotten us grubby children of orphan childs.

On the contrary, I've taken the pulse of the people. Well, 15-25% of the people but that's enough to start a proper ruckus. And you remoaners would be useless in a civil war.

Backing down to bullies, because you don't want to upset them, doesn't tend to work out too well.
    For me, its more about not creating the conditions for it to rise. Don’t push people into a situation where they’re desperate, the people in power aren’t listening to them and they’ve been shown that the established system will not serve their interests. There’s arguments either way between whether Remain or shit deal will do most to create that situation imo. It’s a tough call.

At the end of the day, I don’t think anyone is going to thank Parliament for a shit deal.
  • https://www.metro.news/72-of-party-want-corbyn-to-support-a-fresh-brexit-poll/1374869/

A more democratic party. Straight forward honest politics.

All options are on the table.

But we want a GE.

Yeah, we'd still leave the EU, of course we would. What made you think otherwise?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Corbyn has pretty much missed every open goal he has been given - why do you think he'd put on his shooting boots now?
  • It occurred to me that the Brexit vote is often labelled a counter shout against austerity/poverty but on the other side Corbyn should solely listen to a membership which can afford to be members (in both money and energy terms).
  • Ken Clarke bossing it.
    “People like me who are supporters of capitalism and free markets have got to stop being as complacent as we were when we put this international rules-based system together in the 1990s,” he said. “The next generation have got to work out how to make it work fairly and still work properly to stop these surges in populist discontent.”While nowhere is immune, Britain is in a particularly dire place, according to Clarke.“The decision to hold a referendum, and the result of the referendum, is the most disastrous series of events in domestic politics in my political lifetime,” he said. “At the moment, we have a dysfunctional government, a dysfunctional opposition and a very angry and very polarized public opinion.”“This is very dangerous, it could create some opportunities for some right-wing populist movement or some ultra-left-wing populist movement … to surge through and start knocking the established parties aside, which would be a disastrous turn of events.”
    https://www.politico.eu/article/ken-clarke-interview-brexit-populism-tories/
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Since the U.K. is "not ready" to leave, Clarke advocates revoking Article 50 to buy more time. "If a Brexiteer majority still wishes to persist in leaving, once we have made some progress and it’s obvious we’re getting there, you can invoke Article 50 again and leave fairly rapidly. To me, that seems the only rational way in which we can precede. But common sense has gone out of the window.”

This.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano wrote:
    Since the U.K. is "not ready" to leave, Clarke advocates revoking Article 50 to buy more time. "If a Brexiteer majority still wishes to persist in leaving, once we have made some progress and it’s obvious we’re getting there, you can invoke Article 50 again and leave fairly rapidly. To me, that seems the only rational way in which we can precede. But common sense has gone out of the window.”

This.

Surely there is some issue with revoke article 50 and being able to invoke it again at the drop of a hat? I think Clarke is right on this but I see there being problems on the EU side to allow a country to play the hockey kokey with so much damage being done.

SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I doubt they would let us revoke it a second time, but there is no way they would be able to stop us invoking it the second time.
  • Grayling. Jesus Christ.
    He's trying to defend giving 13.8mil to a ferry company with no boats by claiming it as some kind of frontier investment in British start-ups.
  • call me cynical but i'd bet it would be 'interesting' to trace the owners/investors in that company....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Someone has done that. They found two brothers who are tory donors

Although the update is that they've nothing to do with the company
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    beano wrote:

This.

Surely there is some issue with revoke article 50 and being able to invoke it again at the drop of a hat? I think Clarke is right on this but I see there being problems on the EU side to allow a country to play the hockey kokey with so much damage being done.

Well, it's about motions and bills, if, say revoking Article 50 came about. Again. Then they'd vote on it.

Hopefully with more foresight next time

• Wanna 'assess' how bad the situation really is? Do a 2nd referendum without all the campaign budget overspending social media interference and figure out what the public really wants. Go on then... But politicians aren't really interested in that. It's about what they want now.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    Wanna 'assess' how bad the situation really is? Do a 2nd referendum without all the campaign budget overspending social media interference and figure out what the public really wants. Go on then... But politicians aren't really interested in that. It's about what they want now.

Actually it’s mostly about what they think they should do. Very few of our pols actually want Brexit.
  • LivDiv wrote:

I did a quick search early on this morning and couldn’t find an original source for the boilerplate fast food T&Cs. I did find plenty of other websites using the same text, and loads making the exact same lazy mistake and posting them without editing first – a few even leaving [Business name here] and so on in place rather than bothering to put their own names in.
  • At £13.8 million, surely they can afford a lawyer?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Wanna 'assess' how bad the situation really is? Do a 2nd referendum without all the campaign budget overspending social media interference and figure out what the public really wants. Go on then... But politicians aren't really interested in that. It's about what they want now.

Actually it’s mostly about what they think they should do. Very few of our pols actually want Brexit.

Agreed, and that's the gist of the problem.
    Politicians are in bed with big business and certain segments of big business want Brexit, preferably the no deal variant. And that's exactly what they're going to get as was planned all along. Effectively, the government (civil servants lol) works for big business first and the people a distant second.

The people have been tricked with the first referendum. It'll take another 10-15 years of recession for them to wake up to the fact they've been duped by the Brexiteers. Brexit isn't about the will of the people (that's just a mandate for the Brexiteers); it's about certain factions of Big Business flexing their £$ muscles backed by foreign powers (US, Russia) to forcibly break away the UK from the EU. All in the name of free enterprise and privatisation of course. The fact that the actual price of Brexit will be much, much more than the £350 million on the NHS bus is quietly swept under the rug. The resulting recession will be the real price to pay and it will be the common folk unwittingly carrying most of the burden.

Then there's Labour who refuses to play opposition because of Corbyn's own 'secret' agenda. He's counting on the Tories to fuck up Brexit so Labour can swoop in and win the next GE assuming he can win the upcoming propaganda war from the Brexiteers. Unlikely to say the least.

Outlook's grimm.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • At £13.8 million, surely they can afford a lawyer?

They only tossed a tenner and some HMV vouchers my way, so what do they expect? You pay peanuts u get onzo
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Haha.

There's some shady shit going on with this though.
    Directors all linked to failed ferry companies, the port has been plagued by failure.

Oh by the way, even if we dont end up with a no deal Brexit all these companies will still get a portion of the payments. Which is reasonable for actual companies who will have costs involved in preparing.
    Shell companies with placeholder websites, not so much.
  • C4 news going in on this.
    Ben Sharpe C.E.O of Seaborne has previously run up unpaid debts of over $1.5 million running previous firms.

They don't even have contracts signed for ports.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Doesn't seem to be anything on that yet, yet being the main word.

I'm not entirely sure it isn't just Grayling being incompetent.
  • It's a distraction from the real stories. Why do we give a shit about this little thing?
  • The real stories are still on Christmas recess.
  • The farmers' stuff seemed interesting at least.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's all a distraction. Just like the immigration stuff has been.
  • WorKid wrote:
    It's a distraction from the real stories. Why do we give a shit about this little thing?

Because there is a non zero chance of no deal, and in that event we've handed £14 million to someone with no realistic possibility of providing the service we've contracted them to do.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!