Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • WorKid wrote:
    It's a distraction from the real stories. Why do we give a shit about this little thing?

Because there is a non zero chance of no deal, and in that event we've handed £14 million to someone with no realistic possibility of providing the service we've contracted them to do.
    Plus, if it’s in any way indicative of how crucial infrastructure and services will be negotiated and supplied for the country post-brexit, we need to start stockpiling canned goods now because we are supremely fucked.
  • Aye but it's like if the house is on fire being a bit worried that the back door is unlocked.
  • No not really. I's like being worried if the house is on fire if the fire brigade have water or petrol with them.
  • Petrol.
    Definitely petrol.

That way they can sell you a new house after the old one's completely burnt down. Against suitable gouging prices of course.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • How does hair feel about all this. Does he ever show his simpleton, ugly mug ITT.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yes, he's Remain now.
  • Fucking hell
  • Always knew him to be a sensible chap
  • Aye, this forum here can offer some compelling
    and very persuasive arguments.
  • Show me the post, I'm gonna cum harder than the video of the chubby goth girl with her tongue out
  • No can do as I'm not quite sure when he turned and what got him to turn him exactly.

Sorry.
  • I don’t think it was the forum that turned him, just the general state of it. Leaver friend of mine (City worker) has done the same (didn’t think Leave would win but wanted to vote to free stuff up and shake it up, the complexity of getting anything done was paralysing us). Anyway he wishes he’d never heard of Brexit. It’s causing him no end of shit at work.

Another one ‘didn’t realise we’d be such pussies’.

Just anecdotal obviously but I think the ‘just make this thing go away now’ vote would be pretty strong in any second ref.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    The latter should be the tagline for the remain ref option
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I fear that's why some people are so desperate to make sure we don't have a second referendum
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Trade deals? This is a huge stumbling block, just Britain brought most of those trade deals to the EU. When it comes to divorce settlements maybe we should be in receipt of the stipend rather than expected to pay one. Or perhaps we walk away with the deal that we brought to the table and leave the EU to renegotiate it's own

Just a thought experiment, but it's a intriguing one, shame no one ever thought to attach the problem from a position that appreciates our strengths, but then of they had wed have chosen to stay in Europe and would be leading from the front helping Italy, Spain, and Greece secure their southern borders
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    When it comes to divorce settlements maybe we should be in receipt of the stipend rather than expected to pay one.

No, because we made commitments for payments to the EU. Why the fuck would they be paying us?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Do you really think that we haven't tried to leverage everything we could in these negotiations? I don't think it has been handled well at all but I still think we've probably got the best deal we could have hoped for. That just highlights what a stupid idea the whole brexit thing is in the first place.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Read, digest, comment

Edit: out the way goobs, and also no I imagine everything has been tried, however at the same time I'd not underestimate the stupidity of anyone involved

You'd be surprised how many of the trade deals in place simply used to say UK on them and switched over to EU as our contribution to the single market
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Do you really think that we haven't tried to leverage everything we could in these negotiations? I don't think it has been handled well at all but I still think we've probably got the best deal we could have hoped for. That just highlights what a stupid idea the whole brexit thing is in the first place.

Im not sure brexit isn't stupid on its own. If you are part of a group and you don't like how its going, there shouldn't be a major issue as to wanting to leave as such. (Im not discounting the lies or anything, just going from a basic 'we want out' position)

For me the major issue is that the british govermeant massively underestinated what it needed to sort before firing the starting pistol.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I don't understand the "attack the problem from a position that appreciates our strengths" line. Nor do I understand which trade deals you think we own that we can walk away with.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If you look at the history of trade deals you'll find, rightly or wrongly (mostly wrongly, empire), that the UK had more than anyone else at the turn of the century. Those documents, those negotiations, sometimes signed at gunpoint, formed the basis of the EU trade deals that followed. We shared our market access without thought of holding back for ourselves, granting our European cousins the same access to markets that we'd wrought ourselves through global dominance a century earlier. That is sharing

From a position of strength is me laughing at brexiters who still fail to realise that the strongest position the UK held was within the union. That the veto was the greatest tool we had and if we'd have taken euro elections seriously (this includes the parties and who they nominated, not just the public and who they voted for) then we'd be leading Europe rather than being disillusioned with it

But then if you let an Australian tell you want to think, what vested interest does he have??
  • Even if it was possible, it’s unlikely that the countries on the other end of those EU trade deals would agree and be happy with them suddenly just applying to trade with Britain and have to start all over again with the rest of the continent.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Here’s a terrifying stat for you all:

10. Senior Tories are very worried about the @ProfTimBale Tory membership polling

Tory members are in a different place the country as whole on “no deal” -

63% of TORY MEMBERS say they would be delighted/pleased/relieved by no deal

18% of ALL VOTERS say the same

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1081096808540135425

For the first time in two years, I don’t want Theresa May to resign.
  • cockbeard wrote:

You'd be surprised how many of the trade deals in place simply used to say UK on them and switched over to EU as our contribution to the single market

Lol
  • So this Monday, Ch4 is screening Brexit: The Uncivil War, a dramatised account of the Brexit vote campaign, in which Benedict Cumberbatch plays Dominic Cummings a.k.a the man who masterminded the Leave campaign. I dare say this will garner a fair bit of interest and debate, so with that in mind, here is the man himself giving a lecture on how he did it...

Forgive me if this video is ancient news, but if you haven't already seen this, then I highly recommend you take the time to watch it.
    It's both illuminating and depressing, and dispels a lot of the crazier conspiracy theories that have surrounded the events. 
    TLDW? Turns out we were fucked over by another nerd using science, instead of the traditional and outdated means that Remain employed.

a fascinating watch

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Ahaha, the forum was right all along!
    Forum hivemind.
  • I remember disagreeing on this stuff but yeah, it was right. Don't really like the idea of it being made into a film though, considering it's still (I believe?) subject to an ongoing criminal investigation that should torpedo any of this "democracy" bollocks people say the referendum represents the pinnacle of.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Let’s not forget the illegal data gathering, overspending, and possible Russian money that made the science possible in the first place. And let’s not take Cummings at his word with any of this either seeing as his story about whether or not Vote Leave worked with Cambridge Analytica changed as the stories about them broke.
  • He thinks immigration will slow down once Brexit is completed lol.
    I predict it will swell even more especially once climate change kicks in.
    A Brexit recession won't scare them off either...
  • Tempy wrote:
    I remember disagreeing on this stuff but yeah, it was right. Don't really like the idea of it being made into a film though, considering it's still (I believe?) subject to an ongoing criminal investigation that should torpedo any of this "democracy" bollocks people say the referendum represents the pinnacle of.

No matter mate. Different varying opinions help shed light on a subject from multiple angles.
    Which is always helpful in a debate in order to understand the bigger picture.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!