Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The big question I need answered.
    How the fuck do I vote in these MEP elections.
    I have always voted in GEs and most times in council elections (didn't vote while at uni because of my short stay there, didn't seem right to vote when I would be gone in a matter of months).

I have never even seen an opportunity to vote for MEPs. When was the last one? How do I do it next month?

They’re every five years. You don’t vote for an MEP but instead a party in your region. The MEPs that get sent are based on a list so if a party has enough votes to send, say 3 MEPs out of the regions allocation of 6 then the top 3 of their list get sent. It’s why Farage is basically guaranteed to get sent again.
  • Ok, cheers.
    Do polling cards come out like other elections?

To be fair on leave voters here it sounds very complex and not very representative.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I have always voted in GEs and most times in council elections (didn't vote while at uni because of my short stay there, didn't seem right to vote when I would be gone in a matter of months).

I have never even seen an opportunity to vote for MEPs. When was the last one? How do I do it next month?

They’re every five years. You don’t vote for an MEP but instead a party in your region. The MEPs that get sent are based on a list so if a party has enough votes to send, say 3 MEPs out of the regions allocation of 6 then the top 3 of their list get sent. It’s why Farage is basically guaranteed to get sent again.

That sounds odd. In Ireland it's by candidate representing your area (although the areas covered are large enough compared to local)

SFV - reddave360
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    To be fair on leave voters here it sounds very complex and not very representative.

And yet mogg etc will want you to vote for their candidates so they can represent you by derailing the whole EU parliament from inside.

Gah so many things make me angry
  • You ain't wrong.
    They know the system and how to play it.

It's all about control and if you can take it.
    All about your debt and if you can pay it.
    It's all about pain and who's gonna make it
  • (Corbyn) It's time to play the GAAAMMMMMME
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I have realised that there is a way this could all go wrong, the vote from the E.U. on the extension will happen tonight after they are addressed by May. May speaking to the E.U. does have a tendency to backfire quite spectacularly.

Rouj, you are allowed to start panicking again.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I have realised that there is a way this could all go wrong, the vote from the E.U. on the extension will happen tonight after they are addressed by May. May speaking to the E.U. does have a tendency to backfire quite spectacularly. Rouj, you are allowed to start panicking again.

When Yoss loses faith, its time to stock up on the TP guys.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    :)

If it does go to shit, I still think revocation is more likely than no deal.
  • I wish I had your faith.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No deal is insane. May knows that even if some of her ministers do not.
  • You’re assuming that May herself is sane.
  • LivDiv wrote:

The most amazing thing the last few days has been to listen to angry LBC callers saying they won't vote Tory/labour anymore but at the European elections they'll vote for the party most likely to win...
    Spoiler:

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    You’re assuming that May herself is sane.

Yep. She’s not all that clever, unimaginative, inflexible, pretty much devoid of empathy, racist, stubborn and way out of her depth, but I don’t believe her to be insane.
  • Nation's fate rests on sanity of this woman.
    TangibleEqualFinnishspitz-max-1mb.gif
  • I assume a baseline level of sociopathy and possible psychopathy in any Tory politician. Their policies suggest as much.

And isn’t one definition of insanity repeating the same actions over and over again in expectation of differing results? Sounds like May’s behaviour to me.
  • I secretly hope that one of the EU countries drops the veto at the summit.

Imagine the scenes.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Roujin wrote:
    I secretly hope that one of the EU countries drops the veto at the summit. Imagine the scenes.

It will be Ireland - sure fuck it, why not. 

Be like Bash at the Beach 96 all over again.
    SFV - reddave360
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This European Commission black hole press conference is really well timed...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Roujin wrote:
    I secretly hope that one of the EU countries drops the veto at the summit. Imagine the scenes.
    It will be Ireland - sure fuck it, why not.  Be like Bash at the Beach 96 all over again.

But whose side are they on?!!!

Heenan is the best ever, but he messed up with that call.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Lol! This press conference is BLATANTLY propaganda.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    First Oborne, now Ferrari. At this rate we’ll have Farage changing his mind about Brexit by the 30th of June.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/exasperated-reveals-hes-finally-given-up-brexit/
  • Fuck Nick Ferrari, he's a stupid fucking tabloid cunt.

What a fucking pussy, he hasn't stated a single fucking reason why he voted leave other than his innate right wing cuntishness this whole fucking time on his show. Describing himself as a reluctant leave voter, whatever the fuck that means.

All that's happened is that he's seen which way the wind appears to be blowing and now he's changed his mind, because he can't hide behind pricks like Rees Mogg and Johnson anymore as they've massively lost credibility.

The leave callers on his show are mainly a stream of ill informed idiots lately, parroting long debunked reasons why leaving won't be a clusterfuck or just spouting pure hard Brexit waffle that people know what they voted and we need to leave NOW! It's clearly reached a point where he knows he's become/becoming a joke by association so he's decided to try and have his cake and eat it by going for the defeated leave voter stance, oh but if only our politicians weren't so inept we would have had a chance at becoming great, but not with this current deal so I have reluctantly change my mind to remain because I'm just too tired to go on, woe is me and all the other smart leave voters with all our totally valid reasons for wanting oout that we never seem to mention.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I have Rouj Armageddon Syndrome.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I can take about 20 minutes of nick as the lead in to JOB. After that blood starts to act up. Still, have you tried the Farage radio show? Oh boy...
    SFV - reddave360
  • I mean look at this fucking bloated hamfucker explaining why he voted leave and try not to laugh at how weak his reasoning is. It's beyond parody.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/nick-ferrari/nick-ferraris-passionate-monologue-on-why-he-voted/
  • I gave it a few seconds and stopped.
    "Ask yourself, if it was a club would you join?" Is the worst fucking argument going.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    All that's happened is that he's seen which way the wind appears to be blowing and now he's changed his mind, because he can't hide behind pricks like Rees Mogg and Johnson anymore as they've massively lost credibility.

This is the positive bit that you have somewhat glossed over.
  • There is nothing positive about Nick Ferrari. He hasn't had his mind changed by facts, or evidence or convincing arguments from remainers. His change of heart is entirely to save face imho.

He's not a stupid guy, which is why his reasons for voting leave are so pathetic. I think he wanted out purely because he could benefit financially from it and because he is also probably a closet racist/bigot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!