• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    There is nothing positive about Nick Ferrari. He hasn't had his mind changed by facts, or evidence or convincing arguments from remainers. His change of heart is entirely to save face imho.

He's not a stupid guy, which is why his reasons for voting leave are so pathetic. I think he wanted out purely because he could benefit financially from it and because he is also probably a closet racist/bigot.

The more Brexiters that recognise that this is going to shit, the better.
  • You've got to give these people a way of climbing down and keeping their dignity otherwise there's no chance.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Can we rub their noses in it later? Once we've got what we want?
  • No.

For two reasons:

1) it’s nob and we still have to live together. It’s like pissing in your front room to get the cat out the room

2) we shouldn’t get what we want.
  • It's a shame the upshot of these changing their mind is rarely that they also shut up and fuck off.
  • Ferrari is aids
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • monkey wrote:
    You've got to give these people a way of climbing down and keeping their dignity otherwise there's no chance.

No. I cannot forgive their greed or their ignorance depending on their reasons for voting leave in the face of such an important referendum.

Their change of heart/ mind should be noted and then they should just be left to think about what they've done.

Unless they are a prominent media cunt and then imma fucking get in dat ass 24/7 for the rest of time every time I hear their fucking name mentioned.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • You dont have to forgive them, but if you have any hope of revocation, we need to give people an off ramp.
  • Word from EU is that May was NOT nebulous this time.
    Who says Brexit has stalled?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Give them an off ramp, but filter them into a separate lane that's dumps them in the sea.
  • Most of you are white Brits. Don't you have famalam that's brexit? Not me if course. My mum's a teaching assistant who keeps arguing with no deal colleagues. They think she's french. I keep telling to keep her fucking mouth shut but she won't listen.

Surely the way forward is to heal and forgive.
    Spoiler:
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Most of you are white Brits. Don't you have famalam that's brexit? Not me if course. My mum's a teaching assistant who keeps arguing with no deal colleagues. They think she's french. I keep telling to keep her fucking mouth shut but she won't listen.

Surely the way forward is to heal and forgive.
    Spoiler:

The in laws.
  • I take it back, throw them in the sea
  • My Grandpa canvassed for UKIP before he passed away, before Brexit. My Grandma would have voted leave as well if he were still about but now she wont leave the house so doubt she voted at all.
    We weren't speaking to them at the time mind, family crap.

My other set of grandparents voted leave. Hardly unusual for people in their 80s so whatevs, I just dont bring it up, not worth it. My Grandad's dementia is setting in fast now so really not worth the conversation.

My Mum is a Daily Mail idiot but even she voted remain. Probably because my Dad told her it would fuck their pensions, which it has done.

So yeah, have a depressing post lol.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My parents voted leave as they thought it would somehow make life easier in this country, that it would reduce house prices or some shit. It led to some very tense conversations, especially as both of their sons were dating non-British EU citizens at the time.

My mum is now fairly torn about whether or not it was a good idea or not, but has reached the point where she thinks that the best route forward is to just revoke A50. My dad, to his credit, regretted it fairly quickly. If you'd asked me on the day of the referendum, I'd have guessed that it would have been the other way around.
  • My mother. Whose still fairly young and I'm really disappointed in her because she was always a modern thinking mum when I was growing up. 
    I think she's pretty much the only one in my family who voted leave.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • My dad was going to vote leave purely off the back of an "this isn't really what we voted for in 1973" it took me and my brother about five minutes to get him to realise that even if it wasn't, he couldn't explain one single way in which the our current relationship with the EU was negatively impacting us.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Tonight, 12 of the 27 EU member states that will decide the UK’s future have populations smaller than or similar in size to Scotland’s. If we become independent we get to sit at that table – enjoying the same solidarity shown to Ireland – instead of being sidelined by Westminster

- Nicola sturgeon tweet.

I mean, how do you even begin to argue with that? Surely it is over. I know a lot of Scots here voted for the union, and maybe some won't be swayed. But surely we will see at least a 10% swing.
  • Yeah seems pretty difficult if we leave not to see Scotland stick two fingers up at this xenophobic fucking shit show of a union.
  • arewethebaddies.gif
  • Seems as though the EU are in deadlock.
    Most want a long extension a few led by France want a short extension.
    Macron is backing a short extension because of domestic pressure despite the fact France have second most to lose after Ireland.

Seems May has taken the stupid virus to Brussels and it is spreading.
  • New rumour.
    Leave date of 31/10/19.

Halloween.
  • Sounds like a compromise in the most compromising sense.
  • 6 months of Halloween based soundbites.

This truly is purgatory.
  • Halloween confirmed with a June checkup to make sure we are wiping properly.

Macron's in the shit books with everyone. Maybe he can come and hang out here for a bit.
    This is it now. 6 months to sort something.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Halloween confirmed with a June checkup to make sure we are wiping properly.

Macron's in the shit books with everyone. Maybe he can come and hang out here for a bit.
    This is it now. 6 months to sort something.
    Is Macron a back to front bro
  • Saw a good tweet the other day, where if you run May's strategy in reverse it makes a lot of sense.
    speak to EU about leaving date
    cross-party talks
    series of indicative votes
    proposal for WA
    hardening of red lines
    call a GE to get everything in order
    initiate article 50
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • So... am I right in thinking there is only two options here? Go GE and let a new government push the WA through or go no deal, or go peoples referendum with choice between no deal and WA?

Surely the current government cant continue? It will achieve nothing.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!