Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Anyone who misses out and doesn't mind waiting ages can buy my SE for cost when I've seen all the credits, it'll still be minty fresh.  I'm not fussed about collecting.

Edit: Gentleman's agreement no-one hawks it for £130 on Ebay though, obvs.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    WHAT HAPPENED TO SWAP CLUB?!?!?
  • We changed the secret knock.
  • You're not supposed to talk about it.
  • Got past 5, almost did 6 first time. Made mistake of thinking I was good enough to take boss myself rather than using stronger others. 

I'll stick with Hard for now. So when do chars start dying permanently? Now that I've chosen my side (Birthright)? And who dies? Only non-story characters? Guessing the royals and Azura etc can't die. How about those two I let go in chapter 3 or whenever it was?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Royals can't die, but you will not be able to use them going forward.

Not sure about about characters pre chapter 6 as I refused to lose anyone, even allies, well except chapter 5 because it's almost bloody impossible to keep everyone pumping(tho part of me still reckons it can be done). I think they come back also, but you couldn't use them again for any chapter pre the story split, so....... you should be OK.

Talking about the split, I got them Nintendo feels on that cutscene. Even though I knew which fam I was siding with first, I still had a pause.

Sunk a few hours in on this last night, squad is building, mopping up challenges, levels are going up & I got a few faves already who will be getting the lions share of battle & cupid magic. Glad I stuck with hard, as I think I was only struggling pre chapter 6 ref my own save everyone standards, not hit a wall since the choice, yet.

Hook is in.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone who misses out and doesn't mind waiting ages can buy my SE for cost when I've seen all the credits, it'll still be minty fresh.  I'm not fussed about collecting. Edit: Gentleman's agreement no-one hawks it for £130 on Ebay though, obvs.

On Twitter, someone was complaining about people having these ready to sell on ebay at silly prices before release saying that it was unacceptable etc....This same person was selling multiple copies on ebay at inflated prices a few days after release. Interesting.

By the way Moot, I finally deleted your Awakenings saves.
  • Starting this on Monday
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skondo wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone who misses out and doesn't mind waiting ages can buy my SE for cost when I've seen all the credits, it'll still be minty fresh.  I'm not fussed about collecting. Edit: Gentleman's agreement no-one hawks it for £130 on Ebay though, obvs.
    On Twitter, someone was complaining about people having these ready to sell on ebay at silly prices before release saying that it was unacceptable etc....This same person was selling multiple copies on ebay at inflated prices a few days after release. Interesting. By the way Moot, I finally deleted your Awakenings saves.

You've deleted some of the best hours of my life :)
  • Christ, lost 2 top tier squad members on chapter 21 (the Burning Falls). Absolute badger that is. Just done C23 which was also tough. RIP Hana and Sophie.
  • Not one to soft reset?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • So I'm up to chapter 4 or maybe 5 and there's one character I can't keep alive. Spoiler for those who haven't started:
    Spoiler:
    I'm currently playing on Normal after fluffing the previous chapter on Hard.

Is it really that advisable to go Hard/Clasic?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • yes HArd/Clasic is the way to go, as before, you characters do not suffer permadeath prior to choosing your route (nohr/Hoshido/the other one). Chapter 5 or 6 is a true bastard but its fine after that.
  • @Birdorf I've PM'd you to see if the offer of a spare copy is still available
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Luigi's Mansion done, I'll be starting this tomorrow.  That's the next three months sorted.
  • Upto chapter 10, not quite getting the right windows to play atm, which is a slight concern as I still have 2 more versions of the story to work through.

When I do get a window I sink the odd hr in etc, & its f'in mint, but the pile of shame plate spinning is causing interference, also prob does not help that I am spinning 2 SRPG's at the same time with Valkyria Chronicles Europa edition on the PS4.
  • 1hr in.  Gone for normal/classic like a small girl's blouse.  Slightly gutted that my character's samurai stance looks weird, but I'm glad to be back.  I do like these games.
  • Finished Birthright, onto conquest now.
  • How does Birthright compare to Awakening?
  • Less fannying about I think:

http://kotaku.com/fire-emblem-fates-birthright-vs-conquest-which-to-buy-1759929580

Edit: misread your post.
    I caved and bought birthright this week, it seems very similar to awakening.  Conquest is more hardcore.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    How does Birthright compare to Awakening?

Awakening is better in terms of story and character, Birthright is a much more taxing strategy game.
  • For the life of me I can't beat chapter ten of birthright on hard classic.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I'm not that far yet but my only stumble so far was solved by pairing people up. Have you tried that? I never did that at all with awakening but I suspect it's gonna be a more useful strategy in this.
  • Conquest is scarily hard. Gonna bear with it but Chapter 8 took 5 goes.
  • I made a mistake with the difficulty setting.  Went for normal/classic on Birthright, 4hrs in with barely a scratch.  Already got an unexpectedly huge party too.  I tend to play almost all games on the default setting, but I think normal is basically a mislabelled easy mode in this one.
  • I'm about 4 hours in as well, on hard though. Barely a scratch too tbh, just finished ch 8. Will see what chapter ten has in store soon.
  • Hard isn't too bad until Chapter 21, then you get soundly slaughtered.
  • It's a shame you can lower the difficulty but not increase it, I'd be tempted to start again but 4hrs in three days is a lot of gaming.  Got 2hrs in while I was being driven to a zoo yesterday (sitting in the back too), was like rolling back the years to the LCD era.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's a shame you can lower the difficulty but not increase it, I'd be tempted to start again but 4hrs in three days is a lot of gaming.  Got 2hrs in while I was being driven to a zoo yesterday (sitting in the back too), was like rolling back the years to the LCD era.
    I did much the same, managed to catch up in no time as you can skip the cut scenes - defo the right decisison
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Right, did chapter ten. Really was a tough one but found it best to be cautious and mark or highlight in red the most dangerous units. Was tricky with reinforcement enemies arriving.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!