Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Chapter 21 on conquest...tried 3 times, massacre every single go.
  • 26hrs14mins in, and I've only just realised there's a run button for the caste sections.  I reckon I've wasted an hour there.
  • For my shame, I have only really gave this some major attention this week. Game is a lot harder than Awakening & I'm only playing on Birthright atm, which is the easier of the 3. God knows what sort of education Conquest is gonna give me.

Chapter 10, took a fair few goes to nail without losing anyone & the attempt I had before completing the chapter I lost someone on the boss. My new FE XL(perfect hinge thank god, unlike my MH4 one)nearly, nearly got snapped such was my rage at my own stupidity for not approaching him right.

Just finished chapter 12 this morning using the method Moot posted(surely its the only way?),created a choke point to nab as much exp as poss before Xander could bring the pain, as I don't think I got anyone atm that can really go toe to toe with him.

The my castle stuff, if I'm honest has only just started to grow on me. Until now it's felt like a distraction that I don't need, even more so with my limited time on the game, but I'm starting to appreciate it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Spent 2 hours trying to do that fucking winds of change mission in conquest, save scrubbing as I went. Eventually got it. EVERYONE IS OKAY
  • On the cupid side of things, atm I have 2 pairings on the go, 1 of which is pretty solid(Rinkah & Kaze) & to be different I'm trying to pair Corrin with Setsuna but it's a slower burner than the other pairing & their defence of each other is bloody woeful sometimes & I dread the "potential death" music each time it's played.
  • Finally got my second pairing today.  Those paralogues are tricky.
    Spoiler:
  • Was only supposed to spoiler the character name there, which was probably unnecessary anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just completed chapter 21 on conquest. Best advice is
    Spoiler:
    only took 2 runs
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Just completed chapter 21 on conquest. Best advice is
    Spoiler:
    only took 2 runs

I started getting murdered on this frigger, just managed to do it with one death which was shitty because I accidentally clicked 'stay' instead of 'escape', I'm not going through that trauma again.
  • Finished chapter 26 on Birthright this morning, which was a bit disappointing, unless there's more to the battle?
    Spoiler:
    Also, the story has never been particularly important to me in FE, but they don't half overuse the jumping-between-attacker-and-target sacrifice in this one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FINISHED CONQUEST. Woooffttttt that was frigging hard at the end. Now on to revelations....
  • I finished Birthright today.  Very good but not a patch on Awakenings.
  • Watching the ending sequence now as it's been on standby since the train home.  I don't have the foggiest what's going on past the basics.  31hrs well spent though, perhaps I won't mash the buttons through the text on Conquest.
    Spoiler:
  • Is it OK to select New Game after completing Birthright, or should I start at Branch of Fate?  Do I need to retain my Birthright save to let the cart know I've done it?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Start at branch of fate and keep yer save
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Revelations has thrown up a fairly big, er, revelation so far. When you learn the truth you will feel ashamed of your words and your deeds
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Start at branch of fate and keep yer save

Ta.
  • I've currently book marked endgame on Conquest difficulty hard, I honestly am dreading it, it looks horrible. The last 5 maps have been bad enough.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Endgame first bit is tough on Conquest, second bit not so much. I'm chapter 14 on revelations.
  • Obviously no spoilers please but I'm really interested in how revelations manages to pan out. A lot of reviewer folks have said its the best of the three. From a story stand point it's interesting as well, which characters do you get etc? Need to polish this beast off first though.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've been loving revelations. It does make you view some key things in the other campaigns a little differently. Big one so far was reveal that
    Spoiler:
  • Just started it and playing a woman this time. Jacob is well funny. BEat that last level on conquest I had Shura, Felicia and Elise with Freeze staffs and it worked rather well.
  • So I'm still on my first playthrough of Birthright on Hard/Classic and pretty much near the end of it, barring any twist Oddworld Stranger de-pantsing style. 

I only unlocked paralogues 2 and 4 last night, having only done P1 early on. So I assume now that paralogues are only unlocked when (spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    I've done fuck all grinding, only re-classed maybe half a dozen characters and have not done any scouting/challenge missions and only one or two invasions. 

Have I missed anything of critical importance?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I forgot to say I cleanedrl revelations which throws an absolute cnut of a final boss at you. As to be expected, it's the Waynes world mega happy ultra ending.
  • Vela wrote:
    So I'm still on my first playthrough of Birthright on Hard/Classic and pretty much near the end of it, barring any twist Oddworld Stranger de-pantsing style.  I only unlocked paralogues 2 and 4 last night, having only done P1 early on. So I assume now that paralogues are only unlocked when (spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    I've done fuck all grinding, only re-classed maybe half a dozen characters and have not done any scouting/challenge missions and only one or two invasions.  Have I missed anything of critical importance?

Not as far as I know.  I did three invasions and two or three paraloges by the end.  I did bundles of grinding though (at least one optional battle between every chapter). and reclassed everyone at level 18.  I'm surprised you're not struggling without the extra stats.
  • I've got a core team and to be honest it takes a few goes to figure out the right strategy but it is still possible to win an easy way once I figure it out. 

I'd say most of the characters have HP in the 30 to 40 range and probably half of them didn't turn up til halfway through the campaign. 

Remember Frederick and Titania?
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Chapter 19 on Revelation now Hard/Classic, lot easier than Conquest, finding it kind of easy to be honest.
  • I'll switch back to Hard for Revelation then.  Up to chapter 15 on Conquest, but I knocked it down to Normal early on.

Ah, Frederick.  I remember thee well.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just watxh out for that final boss lads
  • So I'm up to endgame of birthright and have done about five challenge missions in total. 

As a result I think the boss is going to be tough. 

Going to have to stock up on a few hex and silence rods I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!