Fire Emblem: Fates
  • Had a mare on chapter 11.
    Spoiler:
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Conquest is solid but not unfair by any means. I'd recommend anyone who's done Birthright on hard to give it a go. You can always turn it down. Just reset more often.
  • Does everyone understand the weapons in this, or have I just got a blind spot for how it works?  Usually in these games shops will do a handy 21>24 thing if you hover over a weapon purchase, comparing it to your equipped item, but I'm doing a lot of back and forth in menus to check weapon classes etc.  I assumed Hit meant power, perhaps with a higher class weapon being more powerful, i.e a B class 75 hit would be better than a C class 80 hit, but I now think this is probably wrong.   I muddled through without quite getting it last time too (I get the triangle, just not how to tell if I'm buying a better weapon than what I have equipped).  I also don't understand the forging tbh.

Just promoted everypne I use regularly barring two characters (only got one seal left!) with master seals at level 18 after a couple of hours of grinding.  Smashed through chapter 14 with my big boy crew.
  • Does the number "hit" mean the accuracy of the weapon? (i.e. higher number = easier to land the hit on the enemy)
    Cos in that case, higher class weapons do more damage, but some weapons are harder to hit with than others (which can be offset by characters that have better accuracy or whatever the stat is).
  • Mayber.
    Spoiler:
  • As far as I'm aware:

Mt: weapon power
    Hit: hit rate/percentage
    Crit: critical chance
    Avo: dodge chance
    RNG: range

And the weapon class is generally higher is better, but the stats are consistent so better stats mean better weapons. Watch out for the scrolling text at the bottom though as there are various buffs on wespons which can have a big impact.

Haven't done much forging yet but this seems a good guide:

http://www.gameskinny.com/uriie/fire-emblem-fates-weapons-and-smithing-guide
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just started Birthright.

We have feet!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    We have feet!

Haha. 

Daddy, that looks good but the penny hasn't dropped for me why weapon power is called Mt. Mutilation Thrust?
  • Might?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've always assumed it's might as well. For physical attacks it's combined with strength.
  • Makes more sense than mine, I guess.
  • Wife played a blinder:

518450_nds_b.png

• By buying you a stock image of the collectors edition?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah. She's good like that.
  • Gosh darn it Conquest is hard.  Rage deleted my save at chapter 10 after dozens of failures.  Not happy about that this morning haha.  Cracking game though.  Determined to beat it now more than ever. EDIT: Played for an hour this lunchtime and rage quitting has worked out for the best - It turns out I'd let my maid die in chapter 6.  She's very versatile and it's helpful having an extra healer early in the game.  Feeling good; just need work to finish so I can kick on with it.

...I've been back up to Chapter 10 for several days now and still can't win. 

Might be time to face facts that I'm simply not good enough to beat this game on hard with no character deaths.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Still enjoying Birthright.  Aside from the lack of an 'optimise castle faffing' option, it's excellent.  Up to chapter 22 I think.  Not lost anyone yet*

*Perma-death off, you see.  I'm pretending it's Shining Force.
  • chapter 10. Put the knight woman in the space to the right of the balista. Put your hero with their sword equipped at the place to the left with the axe men approaching, have arthur take the guys at the top left and have Camilla take the sea area to the right. On hard you will have to start falling back on turn 8/9. Keep at it.
  • Cheers DF - I'll give that a crack tomorrow.  Sounds promising!

In fact that's close to how I've been playing but with some important differences.

I've had the Hero and Knight start where you suggest and that works great.  But have had Arthur top right (near the ballista, where the enemy archers come around), Carmella floating around below the wall, trying to pick of the flight units before they have a chance to come over the wall.  And the other dragon unit protecting top left left, along with Odin manning the fireball orb launcher.

That does *okay* but falls apart late in the game, once the water canals are drained. 

In hindsight it was probably a misuse of Carmella's power.

Was actually thinking today, do you know if it's possible to fly her down to the enemy leader who drains the canal, before it happens?
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Just bought Conquest for £19.99 from The Game Collection

http://www.thegamecollection.net/fire-emblem-fates-conquest-3ds.html

Will hope Birthright is cheap soon.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • No idea whether you can do that with the boss. I only used the FB launcher on the axemen on the top left then teamed Odin up with someone. Camilla is the fucking business on this map. I think I teamed her up with the other wyvern rider. Try luring the pegasus riders out when the water drains (obv avoiding archers). So they can reach her and get off an attack, she can withstand a tremendous amount of punishment and this will make them easier pickings for the others. I didn't bother with the ballista at the top right at all. I used Niales and Nyxxx to stop the enemy archers using it, then sent them back into the middle. It's a tough but excellent fight.
  • I'm surprised how much of it I remember!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Jesus Christ has anyone got to chapter 15 on conquest?
  • Did all the Conquest players do Birthright first?  I feel like I'm hammering it but you're putting me to shame.  Hullo Reg.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I did birthright first, yes. Took about 44 hours, did as many paralogues as I got.

Sneaky pro tip - struggling on conquest? Get ye to the dlc and there's one called spooky something, or ghostly something, and it's a dlc designed to grind...

Monster monster
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Jesus Christ has anyone got to chapter 15 on conquest?

Yeah I did it, bit of a strange one that, didn't take too long though
  • Chapter 12 on birthright is annoying me. Only had two shots but think my usual slow and careful approach is not the one.
  • Which one was that?  The opera house?
  • Yeah.
  • Fuck that chapter, I'd done the daily grind but my team was massively undepowered.  Xander with an adjacent buddy were taking 3/4 of my units out with one attack, even with HP/Def tonics dished out beforehand. 

A quick way to do it (obviously it could be even quicker if you ignore the contents of the chest):
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!