Fire Emblem: Fates
  • What are some of the better classes people are finding? 

I love the assassin or master ninja class. Like Lon'qu in Awakening, Saizo is a good bet with Lethality skill and sting shuriken.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Just polished off Revelation, the end wasn't too bad, although I did lose 4 people. I would recommend putting on Hard as I found the majority of it rather easy even on Hard. The story is good, ties everything up and you get the 'real' ending. Some of the maps suffer in quality towards the end though, too samey, more annoying than challenging.

Conquest > Birthright >Revelation

Classes - Swordmaster with Hanna was great, barely anything had greater than 30% chance to hit. I gave her that S rank sword after buying an arms scroll to level her up.

I changed Setsuna into a Mechanist with a heart seal and she became a killing machine

Benny as a one of those big armored fella's was the best physical tank I had, though Obero as a spear master came close.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You bailed it in terms of the three ranked. Oboro was a tank in mine
  • I liked Obero.  Worst character I've had in Conquest that's not an obvious mouse-to-monster is Arthur, with his full Unlucky Alf stats. 

I should probably experiment with the seal types, as I'm at the level up stage (upped 4 so far, at 18 again).  Only used Master Seals in either game.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've now caned dlc pack one. Debating getting pack 2
  • Yeah WTF's up with Arthur and Odin, both I found completely unworkable in both games
  • Finally finished Birthright on the way home.  Bucking the trend, I didn't enjoy it.  FE fatigue was partly to blame, but oddly enough (coming from someone who despises grinding in almost every other game), the lack of grinding killed it for me.  I only managed one paralogue too.  I think I need a leisurely grind as part of my routine on this, so I'm pleased to see the optional battles are back in Revelations.  I'm so fed up with the dialogue and storylines that I've been skipping everything except the stunning anime scenes. 

Onto the final stretch now though, good as it is I'll be glad when it's over, there's way too much content for my liking.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moot I assume you mean Conquest? Birthright Has grinding
  • Yep, sorry.  I've finished two so far.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Revelations does have some actual revelations so worth sticking with the story. Whilst I really enjoyed the puzzle maps in conquest, the characters weren't as appealing as in birthright. Revelations addresses that balance
  • Good to hear.  Grinding is go.  To celebrate I just upped Azura from level 4 to level 15 on the first post branch mission by repeatedly singing at Mootsy.
  • Forgot to mention
    Spoiler:
  • When you're 'courting' in the private quarters, what happens when it says 'something interesting might happen!' when you hit a mid row heart?
  • They get their tits oot!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Not in my version.  Been disckslapping the slug'abeds awake and everything.
  • Loving the daily grind again, now Conquest is out the way.  
    Spoiler:
  • Finally finished this, thank God - you can definitely have too much of a good thing.  The clock shows 91hrs 50mins, two hours shy of Mario Golf.  Trials Evolution aside I can't think of another game I've played for that amount of time, certainly not a story-based title.  I'd love to know how long I spent on certain things as a kid, but that's veering off point.  At its best Fates is as good as I'd hoped it would be, but at worst the top-tier quality is spread too thinly, the story is a big pile of wank and the castle management is a bore.  I would've preferred a tighter 40hr campaign with no branching gimmick, but they pulled off what they planned to do well enough, I s'pose.  The script is terrible and the 'always do the right thing' moral compulsion of your avatar is sub Mike the Knight wrap up stuff, but I can't knock the game too much as the battles are good/great throughout.  [8].
  • so I have the full version with all three games on. It's saying there is DLC - its £16 for pack 1. I don't get this included in my bumper pack?!?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nope, that's the outrealm gate stuff. You've got the three core games
  • is it worth buying? £16??
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not until you've exhausted your other 100 hours of content. Only thing I would say is buying the map that gives you xp boosts can be useful if you're finding conquest tough.
  • i'm playing through so far and it's relatively piss easy on hard mode. My main prince is a beast and i've got another 2-3. I'm upto level 16. Been doing the scouting/side quests throughout to grind. 

Not met anyone with streetpass and this yet :( not sure what i'm doing in terms of ranking up lilith. 

Gonna take forever to go through each game. Not least each game but with different decision making. Might turn off battles soon as the animations slow everything down. They're pretty but i'm only paying attention with new enemies or bosses.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    By the time I got to revelations I had turned off the battle animations. Finished that fucker on a train to yokohama
  • I turned off battle animations at the start, I wonder how many hours they would've added to a full playthrough.
  • Conquest is a beast on Hard/Classic
  • So I'm back onto this after being inspired by the freemium app.

I now remember why I stopped playing.  I've just had four goes at bloody chapter 12 but still can't complete it without anyone dying, gonna have to use a guide or rethink my strategy.
  • Finally did it! Took a slightly different approach, waiting for an outlaw to open the treasure chest instead of trying to get kaze over there. Time to get back on with this!
  • Good work.  Is Chapter 12 the one in the opera house?  Apologies for minor spoilers if not :)
  • Yeah it is. Was fixated on making sure I got the chest and the two enemy drops, I also don't like pairing units up but it was necessary to get out quickly.
  • Was too hard for me, I got one enemy drop then got the fuck out (I'd ferried Moot to the exit on a flyer, ready for a one-click escape).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!