Racist
  • Don't play the fool. You know what he means.

I really don’t. I’m not very interested in the royal family (I only found out she was pregnant a few days before the birth) but her ethnicity was commented on when they got together. To suggest it’s something anyone should still be thinking about, let alone the only significant thing about her, is way off.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    ...the most (only?) noteworthy aspect of Markle?
    Pardon?

She's black innit. History in the making for the royal family. Noteworthy in a way that William's wife isn't.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    I work in an environment where decision-making is a core skill, an error of judgement can be life or death, and even I wouldn’t expect to lose my job over all but the most serious of mistakes

And if the political will, wills it you'll find yourself outside the group. Lee Clegg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Also if ot was intended racially the surely he would have had the mother as the monkey not the kid
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Maybe it sets an example in workplaces across the land that racist shit, even if it's of the unintentional variety, will not be tolerated.

A couple of years ago I had a manager go an a racist tirade to my face.

When I pointed out I was from a mixed race family, he continued, another colleague pointed out to him that there is a statue of one of my relations in the town centre if he wanted to take a look, it shut him up for a little while.

A couple of people reported him, The bosses did nothing.

I had to take him down another way and take his job.
  • Andy wrote:
    Pardon?

She's black innit. History in the making for the royal family. Noteworthy in a way that William's wife isn't.

Actually Kate was a “commoner” and not any sort of aristocracy. Additionally Markle is American and also got famous from TV.

• Kara killed someone confirmed.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Just realised that if I want to shut racists up confronting them is;t enough, I need a mofo'ing statue
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    late to the party but also Diana (the people's adulteress) was also of 'common' stock
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Pardon?

Actually Kate was a “commoner” and not any sort of aristocracy. Additionally Markle is American and also got famous from TV.

Fantastic. She's still going to go down in history as the first black member of the royal family in the same way as Obama will go down as the first black President. Unless everyone has forgotten all about it already.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    late to the party but also Diana (the people's adulteress) was also of 'common' stock

Common stock = different grandparents
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Kara killed someone confirmed.

And I'd do it again... wait, no, that's not what I meant.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can I reiterate that I don't think Baker is a racist, and that I quite like the cut off his jib. And I think the apology he later came out with was spot on. But I can see why the BBC fired him.
  • Can I reiterate that I don't think Baker is a racist, and that I quite like the cut off his jib. And I think the apology he later came out with was spot on. But I can see why the BBC fired him.

Exactly. I like Danny Baker. I still think he had to go for this.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Not long vefore his death my mate Deano made a lot of tweets about Wacko Jacko being a peado (note the spelling you fuvking morins) after jacko's death he was pulled in for a disciplinary (HMV) where he successfully argued that he was entitled to a private life outisde work. That flew
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Different jobs have different standards. I would expect to be held to a different standard in my current job or when I was working for the British Council than I would in retail.
  • A bit of a change of subject.
    Internet morons have lost their mind over the story ending for Jax in the latest MK11.

For context, the story of MK11 involves a villain rewriting time using the sands of time and the hour glass thing Jax is seen in front of here.
    Every character ending sees them take control of this power and use it, or not in a way they see fit.
    Vera is Jax wife, Jacqui his daughter.
    Jax has always been a goodie, fighting for Earth/Merica.
    Oh, except for when he was enslaved and became a zombie fighter for a super white guy, then got PTSD.

This is the ending, personally I find it cheesy but apparently it is "SJW bullshit" and "Pushing a political agenda"

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    is it because he's not ripping someone's heart out and playing wallie with it
  • is it because he's not ripping someone's heart out and playing wallie with it
    He does a home run hit with their head. It's super weird when he does it to his own daughter.
  • That's exactly what I imagine Jax would do.
  • That's exactly what I imagine Jax would do.

The home run or the ending?
  • Brooks wrote:
    I mean, the real problem was that Logan Sama wore pink Timberlands.

Loll

Also a lelllllll from me.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Pardon?

Fantastic. She's still going to go down in history as the first black member of the royal family in the same way as Obama will go down as the first black President. Unless everyone has forgotten all about it already.

I like this man, who seems to see the bigger picture
  • This. (Filmtalk) Cinderella was the bigger picture, but The Princess and the Frog laid down a marker.
  • I don't get the Jax thing. Is it because he wants to be black panther and the alt right wants him to be shaft?

Also, the alt right are fucking idiots, lol.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • LivDiv wrote:
    He does a home run hit with their head. It's super weird when he does it to his own daughter.

Agreed. Father daughter fatalities are super weird in mk. Cage too, especially the here's Johnny fatality with Cassy in mkxl
  • Did Baker who posted the chimp pic also do the same monkey 'joke' with the 3 previous royal babies? If not, you just know there's intent to kick up some shit.... Subconscious or not.

Hint: the problem with racism is usually the bolded bit above.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

Agreed. Father daughter fatalities are super weird in mk. Cage too, especially the here's Johnny fatality with Cassy in mkxl

Wait what it really happens? I thought Liv was joking.

• (Nods) Oh yessss....
  • hunk wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:

But... You're on board with the logic of him crushing her head/ breaking her jaw with his xray move?
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!