Racist
  • I remember seeing that pool party vid 5 years ago, don't really want to re-watch it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Fuck me, I spent the morning on a facebook group. I genuinely didn't realise there were that many completely ignorant fucking idiots out there. I'm just amazed, and would definitely back a cull
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve got family, married to a mixed race wife, who is sharing the right wing shit on Facebook. It’s a cesspit mate. Wish I’d not bothered going back on, only did it to promote a Facebook page but might just drop it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You can see why America feared him. So eloquent and always balanced measured responses. He always answers fairly on both sides of the argument. His statement that this is a moral battle just clearly hits to heart of the problem. People who fight against this I wonder if they ever think they are immoral?

https://youtu.be/Df4fycfda10

• Why is Mr. Chumley Warner interviewing him?
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    People who fight against this I wonder if they ever think they are immoral?

I have the feeling that a lot of people with racist feelings and thoughts don't know it. The worst kind really. You have to know something is wrong before you can fix it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I think it can come from a place of righteous defence. Like the membrane of skin over a boil it tries to protect what’s behind it but it by acting as a shield but eventually theirs too much of a build up and it bursts violently because it doesn’t resemble or really have any relationship to the outside world.

Also it’s hard to admit one is wrong while also admit things are unsatisfactory. So instead make the outside the wrong thing and one can delight that at least one part of the misery isn’t entirely in their skin.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I have the feeling that a lot of people with racist feelings and thoughts don't know it. The worst kind really. You have to know something is wrong before you can fix it.

You're bang on the money, unfortunately
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    You're bang on the money, unfortunately

I'm not sure on this. I'd have thought so but I just watched the Louis Theroux episode on netflix where he goes to the white supremacists - it's a culture built on hate. They seem to have built their whole life around the concept of hating other races. It's not even super pride in being white. The hate of other races is more the driving factor.

It was a depressing watch but worth a look (from 2012 I think)
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm not referring to the bonkers ones. You are always going to have those. It's the vast swathe of people who lead a "normal" life and are sensible and reasonable in the majority opinions and activities. They have a huge blind spot.
  • davyK wrote:
    I'm not referring to the bonkers ones. You are always going to have those. It's the vast swathe of people who lead a "normal" life and are sensible and reasonable in the majority opinions and activities. They have a huge blind spot.

OK, I get you and while I agree, it's hard to notice something if you aren't aware of it. If you take those small towns in the UK where its 95 percent or more English folk, then anything different will stand out. I'm not excusing racism or ignorance, but in my own case there are loads of cultures out there I know nothing about not because I don't want to, but I don't even know they are there to begin with.

This is obviously why travelling and allow people to come live in your country are great tools for breaking down borders and barriers.

SFV - reddave360
  • davyK wrote:

Aye, it's a class thing. Basically, if you've never encountered systematic poverty or racism surely it doesn't exist?

Postergirl:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/15/dismay-over-adviser-chosen-set-up-uk-race-inequality-commission-munira-mirza
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    pre ceasefire N.Ireland was very white.

We had Chinese and Indian families who ran restaurants but that was it. And they very much kept to themselves. We have a small "Chinatown" enclave in Belfast though the continental Indian community seemed to be more spread with a slant toward middle class areas.

We had English people come over to run events, training sessions etc. and they always remarked on the the fact that there were no black people.

I definitely grew up in the school of - "if you are from India you either work/own an Indian restaurant or are a Doctor". .

Post ceasefire we have seen our environment become more metropolitan. No Dublin of course but I can remember even the novelty of hearing an English accent in the street. It still makes me respond at times. My brother in law remembers a guy called English Charlie in the area - that's an indicator of the rarity of non locals.  English usually equated to army.

So our influx of various immigrants creates a fair bit of friction - and it seems that the right-wing/racist tendencies seem to be very much on the loyalist side. The UVF had connections with Combat 18 etc at one point and I'm sure that is still the case. The loyalist paramilitaries are extremely sinister organisations over here.

What started off as a reactionary group to the IRA has morphed into an extremely toxic blend of organised crime funded by vice, drugs, protection, blackmail etc laced with extreme right wing views with links to neo-Nazis and nationalistic groups in GB.  Their sense of invulnerability has no doubt been fuelled from the era when their ranks included police informants and agents of British Intelligence resulting in them acting with impunity.
  • Did you see that football kit thing in the news Davy? Just reminded of it with the UVF mention.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye. Fucking mental.

I don't think we expect any better any more to be honest.

The away strip is tantamount to playing with a loyalist paramiltary flag wrapped around each player. That should go down well when playing away matches in nationalist areas. Fucking bigoted dickheads.

The so called peace here is a thin veneer layered over an awful lot of rage. It doesn't take much to make the facade slip.

Brexit and the crowing about border polls are hardening attitudes. Looking forward to next year which is the centenary of partition. That should go well.
  • Yeah, the response from the chairman basically amounted to 'so what? they're just colours'. Like, surely the sensible thing is to just change the colour ffs.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Same chairman would probably get rattled by a team wearing the Irish tricolor. 

Umbro are removing it from their promotional channels.  It's a bloody under the counter football strip. Fuck me.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/umbro-apologise-over-linfield-uvf-22195433
  • Humble doing a pretty great bundle for blm.

Games I have a large chunk of, but the book bit is mint.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I can't be arsed going through the where's and who's and whatnot, but the usual fucksticks are being predictably shit about blm here. Tiring.
  • Tariq Ali is a total boomer when it comes to source checking what he posts to fb, it's kinda funny.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Here here or there here?
  • Oz. Sorry, wasn't clear
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Thought you meant the forum. Implying it was full of bellends. Might be true.
  • I'm very glad that Rayshard Brooks' killer has been charged with murder. Could face the death penalty. I never used to believe in the capital punishment but as I get older I seem to value human life less and less... Or the lives of those who do not value it. I just don't see how it's fair that he gets to live after what he did.
  • I think we (as a spciety) need to be extremely careful with death penalties. Personally id say serial killers, paedophiles for sure, go for it. The rest? Let them rot in prison, with proper length sentences. This is always a problem, as it depends on judge or jury of the day.
  • Regardless of the moral issue of state sanctioned killings, the biggest problem with the death penalty is the chance that the state executes a person innocent of the crime for which they’re convicted.

If we agree that this possibility can never be completely eliminated, then surely we agree that having a death penalty is always wrong.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I don;t understand why we don;t do what what we always used to do, and all social animals still do. Exile
  • I don't think I could ever support capital punishment anymore.  Not only is there always a fraction of a percentage change that someone's actually innocent, there's always so much more to the reasons people do things.  Rehabilitation is always better, it just costs much more.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I don;t understand why we don;t do what what we always used to do, and all social animals still do. Exile

To Bournemouth in the 1980s.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!