Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • It’s never been there has it?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Fucking page turn.
  • Nah one million percent you could jump off and hold A and bring out your glider.

Unless I'm tripping?
  • Yeah that fucked me the other day too
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Battle Pass get.

Look, for what's in it, it's only £6 and lasts til March. Not bad.

One level away from being able to unlock Doomguy. Class.
  • Battle Pass get.

Look, for what's in it, it's only £6 and lasts til March. Not bad.

One level away from being able to unlock Doomguy. Class.

And you get enough v bucks through out it, to get the next one free.
  • .... I spent 500 I had left over on the Master Of Puppets group emote
  • Yeah it really is sensational, you just really need to rip off the "but it's fortnite" prejudice specs. I'm raving about it to all my friends and getting really odd looks, lol

This is me to a tee. My 6 year old kept banging on about getting it in the summer and I finally relented.

As much as he’s into it, I’m hooked and I’ve now fully completed two battle passes and am getting well into the new chapter.

It’s such a good game. Not as serious as CoD (and without the need for an in-depth knowledge of every gun ever made on the last 75 years), it is very, very playable. I spent ages doing this game down - it’s just a kid’s game blah - only to find it’s now my go to, along with FIFA.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • .... I spent 500 I had left over on the Master Of Puppets group emote

Ha - same.

• TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I'm a battle pass buyer too.  Well, I usually get the Fornite Crew pass as a Battle Pass comes out for £9.99 and then cancel.

That way I get the Battle Pass and 1000 V-Bucks which usually get spent on a random skin as a gift for Isaac if he's been a good boy!

Dongle, I was the same to, thought it was just a kids game, zero depth etc etc.  Three Christmas' ago, Isaac and I were at my Sisters house and watched my nephew play.  Isaac liked the look of it and asked if we could play when we got back home.  So, downloaded it on the xBox and iPad and we sat in the same room together and started to play and the rest is history!

Its one of the rare games where I never feel cheated when I get beaten; the mechanics are fair and balanced and when I've lost, its always down to mistakes I've made or the other guy being better.

Love it!
  • Good idea re crew - I’ll give that a go next time.

My son and I play Duos on split screen which works really well too.

Agree with the not feeling cheated. I feel a lot of that comes from having a very limited range of guns available to everybody.
  • It's such an interesting arc to the game. When it came out, I don't think it was a 'kids game', it just had simple, cartoony graphics. It quickly became the dominant battle royale (after PUBG), and took off. Then the kids got hold of it, adults moved over to cod warzone mostly, and now fortnite is regaining the adult audience by including the no-build mode, and a bunch of cultural references that only those over 21 are going to understand.

Plus, they plan things out months in advance. It feels way more proactive than something like COD, which feels like it's reactive to bugs, meta weapons etc. All the time.
  • Christ, I bought Fortnite.
  • Christ, I bought Fortnite.

Lol, same. Save the World was a genuinely good game, and while I haven't played BR in a while all this chat is making me wanna download it again - if only to see that U5 lumen and nanite tech in action.
  • It's definitely worth a go for that. The game looks absolutely incredible in places. Rock solid performance too.

I'll echo the comments about fairness. Whenever I die in pubg/cod my brain is all "ohh ffs!!! Get the killcam up, that's some BS! Hacker!" whereas in Fortnite I think oh well, ready up lads? I never feel cheated. More shame I haven't yet gotten as gud, but I'll get there.
  • I’ve got to the last 2 about 12 times and never won won in this season. Those bouncing cunts do my nut in and then they do the anime punch thing and I rarely avoid it.

But I did download Fortnite onto my daughters Xmas present tablet and won the only one I played.
  • I used an augment yesterday that allowed you to use the glider freely. Old school style. 

My son has been playing it for a few years now - hes racked up ALOT of hours (Switch stats said 800+ hours this year alone), and me and the mrs jump on with him most mornings, its great fun tbh, I would have loved it at his age. 

His interest has dropped more in the last few months - hes moved on to Fifa and Roblox but the new season definitely seems to have drawn many of his friends back to it.
  • Decent couple of duo dubs yesterday with a lad from work. First one I got melted with about 15 to go, he got real sweaty and hid out since the closest reboot was on a really open bridge. Soon enough he became the third wheel in the last two teams fighting and mopped up. Second, I died (again) but a hail Mary reboot in the storm brought me back then we both cleaned out. Top stuff.

• TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Decent couple of duo dubs yesterday with a lad from work. First one I got melted with about 15 to go, he got real sweaty and hid out since the closest reboot was on a really open bridge. Soon enough he became the third wheel in the last two teams fighting and mopped up. Second, I died (again) but a hail Mary reboot in the storm brought me back then we both cleaned out. Top stuff.

Nice!!

Noticed you have the "visual sound aids" on.  I turned them off ages ago as when they were were running, it disabled surround sound.  Is that still the case?
  • Uhhhh I'm not actually sure! I wear the official Xbox headset and haven't really noticed either way, just followed advice from my mate to have it turned on.
  • Yeah I have it turned on as it's easier to know where someone is. Or chests
  • If you can't beat 'em, join them and do a silly dance on their grave, I say.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I used to have so much respect for you Gav. I'm taking my poster of you down.
  • My 11 year old told me to do it lol
  • So I put aside my prejudices and tried a few rounds of this tonight and....

Fuck sake, it's really good.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yep, that's how it gets you. Such an immensely playable game.
  • It really is. I want to go back and play some more
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!