Fortnite - Tower defence Loot 'em up!
  • Good to see a little resurgence here, it really has improved a lot over the last year or so. 

Some of the games outside of the core battle royale are pretty decent.
  • I'm pleased to say I was very wrong about this game.

My boys asked to play it as their school friends all play together so I installed it and showed them how to play online with their mates.
    They absolutely bloody love it and are getting very good at it.
    So I tried.
    Then I realised how good it is.
    So I bought the season pass with just a week left until the new one comes out and today took some TIL so I could relax on the sofa under a duvet and finish the battle pass for the boys.

I only bloody did it, the kids are so happy! 

Now we are all hooked and super excited for tomorrows Battle pass.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Glad you are enjoying Wooks, this season has been pretty decent (and long).

Get ready for total disappointment tomorrow when its nigh on impossible to join/get a game as the servers are full... but i'm excited too - the Fortnite twitter small teasers look lovely.
  • I really hated it and dreaded the day my kids got into it.

I'm so pleased to say I was dead wrong about it. It's great!
    The rewards model is really good too, if you play the battle pass you get enough currency to buy the new one! Such a great idea
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It has definitely got a lot better/more accessible as time has gone on. As you'd expect from a game thats evolved over a good 6 years now.

Yeh the rewards are much improved too, the unlocks keep my boy amused, but they often keep things interesting beyond level 100 now.
  • It’s pretty insane how far ahead Epic is at so many things compared to Halo and COD devs in particular. Fortnite is just on another planet of developer competence.
    GT: Knight640
  • Anyone getting regular crashes?
    Playing splitscreen on Series S.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Knight wrote:
    It’s pretty insane how far ahead Epic is at so many things compared to Halo and COD devs in particular. Fortnite is just on another planet of developer competence.

And now Fortnite creative 2.0 drops which lets you do basically whatever you want. In terms of features Fortnite is like Halo 3 was when it first came out. Years and years ahead of its time. Remarkable.
  • Is Infinite's Forge mode not also this?
  • Special version of Unreal Editor specifically for Fortnite mods - ie taking on Roblox:
    https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fortnite--uefn
  • Is Infinite's Forge mode not also this?

It’s good but from what I’ve seen Fortnite’s is on a totally different level.
  • It really is stunning. Just watched the two vids in Paul Tassi's Forbes article and my mind has been blown. The first is a short tech demo that escalates at a silly rate, and the second shows off a boss fight. All built in Fortnight. Fuck me. 

• Should I be playing this instead of Apex Legends? What are the pros and cons in comparison?
  • While it's impressive what can be done, I have an uneasy feeling we're looking at more paid content in the future.
    Cupatay wrote:
    Should I be playing this instead of Apex Legends? What are the pros and cons in comparison?
    Never really got into Apex. Always grinded Fortnite for the Battle Pass for my son but it's much better now you don't have to play with builds. Good variety in loadouts that you can vary between sneaky or all guns blazing. Rarely feels unfair.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    While it's impressive what can be done, I have an uneasy feeling we're looking at more paid content in the future.
    Cupatay wrote:
    Should I be playing this instead of Apex Legends? What are the pros and cons in comparison?
    Never really got into Apex. Always grinded Fortnite for the Battle Pass for my son but it's much better now you don't have to play with builds. Good variety in loadouts that you can vary between sneaky or all guns blazing. Rarely feels unfair.

why is paid content bad?
  • In and of itself it's not, it depends on how it's priced, and if it has the effect of splitting the player base too much.
  • Yep
  • It's a play for Roblox/metaverse - so the idea will be that users make their own content and can earn from it.
    The "Creator Economy 2.0" means that 40% of net Fortnite revenue goes into a payment pool for "engagement payouts to eligible Island creators" - i.e. I guess if loads of people play your Fortnite "Island"/game/experience, you can get a cut of some money.
    Specifically, all seems to be geared to feed into the existing Fortnite payment structure and game discovery - so everything is through Fortnite.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/dive-into-epic-s-announcements-from-gdc-2023
    https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-editor-for-fortnite-is-now-available-in-beta

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can I make a super sexy looking Project Zomboid/State of Decay hybrid?

Or can one of you make it for me?
  • Someone should make verdansk with a FPS game type. That'd be class.
  • In and of itself it's not, it depends on how it's priced, and if it has the effect of splitting the player base too much.

but creators getting paid for their work is good surely. Obviously it could be done in better or worse ways but I like the idea of facilitating grass roots development.
  • Someone should make verdansk with a FPS game type. That'd be class.

That’s guaranteed to happen I’d of thought.
  • I've been buying up vintage figures again but on my searches I found shit loads of Fortnite figures are being sold for not a lot. The kids must be moving on from the toys or something.
    Anyway picked up this Battle Bus with inflatable balloon plus a load of figures for about £20 all in.

What a cool toy the bus is. Reminded me of the Turtle Blimp back in the day.

PXL-20240409-092110631.jpg

• It's got lights and sounds too!
  • Fuck that's pretty awesome. My boys would love that. I'll keep an eye out
  • Picked mine up from Vinted.

I dont rate a lot of modern figures (outside of the collectable ones aimed at adults) but these Fortnite ones really have that 90s spirit. Loads of accessories and random nonsense. Guess it fits the theme well. Just needs slime.
  • I was thinking about bumping this thread as I'm back playing some zero build these days - if anyone would fancy some games some weekday evening ~8pm onwards let me know, never really played squads in this.
  • I could do that. My kids are massively in to it and I've been helping them play. Might have to have a few goes with some grown ups
  • Zero builder here. Making good progress this season. Could try a few games but have noticed skills decreasing when team size increases.
  • Will have to check with the boss, but how about either tonight, Friday or Saturday? I know folks do FNF tho.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!