Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • I've got a 'Bungie' avatar and I'm trying to play nice!! How dare you throw me in with those scoundrels!!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You see Mod, it's this sort of stuff which gets you accused of trolling. And honestly, there is a part of me which believes you are the most persistent troll on the planet, just sitting here gently winding up a single community for year upon year, because that's the only way that I can explain your failure to be able to spot the difference between:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Right, so because I think what has been shown is uninteresting and not "fantastic", "amazing", "lovely", "awesome"

And:
    Mod74 wrote:
    You think MS looked at their concept stuff and said "nah, yer all right" I haven't seen anything even remotely interesting announced in relation to this. I bet Activision are shitting themselves.

In case you're trying to work it out, one of these is clearly doom-mongering.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    You see Mod, it's this sort of stuff which gets you accused of trolling.

No. Go and fuck yourself.

What gets me accused of being a "troll" is saying anything even remotely critical of Halo/Bungie. Happened for years. How dare anyone prick your bubble. You fucking sadster fanboys.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Trololol
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    You can go fuck yourself as well. I've had just about enough of you dogging me round too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    *sigh*

For the record Mod, most of the time I don't believe you are trolling, and I mean you no ill will at all.

Peace.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    How do I dog you around? As far as I can remember we have only really clashed once, in the F1 thread.
  • Ahh peace boys. Mod's only expressing an opinion.

I'm interested in the concept and the world. And I'm excited for the potential of multiplayer with the B&B as well. The concept character art I can take or leave until its much more fleshed out, at the moment even as a big halo fanboy, I don't see anything that massively excites me (and I'm not being cynical, this from someone who can still pour over the 2000ad stuff from the 80s and marvel at the worlds and the characters)
  • Fuck iron sights.
  • +1 for chilling out.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of what's been shown so far, I reckon speculating that Activision might be shitting themselves isn't that much of an out there statement. Never mind if you find what bungie generally does boring, or the concept art so far too halo 1.5, high fantasy/SF isn't what is selling like hotcakes, AFAIK, and having a ten year plan based around it for something that will still involve a lot of S of the FP variety is fucking risky.

Anyhoo.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Activision are almost certainly not shitting themselves, they know exactly what they are doing here, the decision to design the characters we've seen so far is absolutely deliberate and you can bet that Activision has had very strong input there.

That is game development folks, that is the relationship between studio and publisher.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Bungie fan-boyism.

I am seriously fucking tired of that dead horse being brought out and beaten on this forum.

Has anyone been swooning and gushing over the small amount of concept art and rough gameplay that has been shown so far?

Not really no.  There has been a range of reactions from fairly non-plussed to curious to rather liking it.  As yet none of it has elicited any total freakout gushing.

So calm down, stop doom-mongering and being a troll.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Alright, i will admit that Shyam has kind of set us up with the topic and OP here :P
  • Bunige have updated their site with some little bits.

It's going to be one hell of a E3 this year.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • woah, way too much enthusiasm fanbwoy :P
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i think it looks much better than halo!
    i like iron sights too.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I think you have a new avatar.
    G'job, @Yossarian. :)
  • you can bet that Activision has had very strong input there.
    Really? I hope not. Can't see Bungie (who clearly value their independence a lot) allowing Activision too much say in creative.

Iron sights are terrible by the way. You can tell almost nothing from concept art but it is fairly underwhelming.
    GT: Knight640
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    whats so wrong with iron sights?

• Just different really. Slows the game down quite a bit, another button to press, I don't like 'em but don't begrudge those that do.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    so everyone just wants to hip fire?
    or do they want acog, red dot, 12x scopes and the like?

iv always preffered irons over the majority on most games/guns.
    only firing from the hip sounds silly to me.

if it forces you to stand still while you ads then you have a point on slowing the game down, but thats not normally the case, and a lot would depend on kill times too. (how long it takes to kill someone in your sight).

id rather a button for ads rather than something not really need'd like a cover button or a jump button.

• Jump button is vital.

I will not buy this game if you cannot jump.
  • No jump button? Heathen! Next you'll be telling me you don't think Halo 3 is the best FPS ever created ever*.

*: only kidding don't worry I know that no-one doesn't think Halo 3 is the best FPS ever created ever.
  • daviedigi wrote:
    so everyone just wants to hip fire? or do they want acog, red dot, 12x scopes and the like? iv always preffered irons over the majority on most games/guns. only firing from the hip sounds silly to me. if it forces you to stand still while you ads then you have a point on slowing the game down, but thats not normally the case, and a lot would depend on kill times too. (how long it takes to kill someone in your sight). id rather a button for ads rather than something not really need'd like a cover button or a jump button.

You lower the aiming skill of the game significantly if every gun needs to be aimed down the sights. Sniper riflles and variations thereof obviously need it (this balances the gun as you move slower while aiming) but apart from that I prefer non iron sight aiming.

This is all mostly personal preference and I guess there are advantages to aiming down the sights (feel free to tell me what they are) but for me combat is more much more fluid and fun when you don't need to make your character move through treacle whenever you start shooting.

You're absolutely right about kill times, Halo length kill times with iron sights simply would not work. However, I really hope Bungie's next game isn't an exercise in 'who sees who first' positional gameplay so I'm rooting for H1 type kill times.
    GT: Knight640
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I could see a perfectly decent game being put together with no jump button.

Edit: still not convinced by iron sights. I'm hoping they work more like a general purpose zoom than anything else.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    daviedigi wrote:
    so everyone just wants to hip fire? or do they want acog, red dot, 12x scopes and the like? iv always preffered irons over the majority on most games/guns. only firing from the hip sounds silly to me. if it forces you to stand still while you ads then you have a point on slowing the game down, but thats not normally the case, and a lot would depend on kill times too. (how long it takes to kill someone in your sight). id rather a button for ads rather than something not really need'd like a cover button or a jump button.

You lower the aiming skill of the game significantly if every gun needs to be aimed down the sights. Sniper riflles and variations thereof obviously need it (this balances the gun as you move slower while aiming) but apart from that I prefer non iron sight aiming.

This is all mostly personal preference and I guess there are advantages to aiming down the sights (feel free to tell me what they are) but for me combat is more much more fluid and fun when you don't need to make your character move through treacle whenever you start shooting.

You're absolutely right about kill times, Halo length kill times with iron sights simply would not work. However, I really hope Bungie's next game isn't an exercise in 'who sees who first' positional gameplay so I'm rooting for H1 type kill times.

I'm not sure how ads lowers the skill rate (please explain).

Ads for me is especially usefull for mid to long range kills (battlefield and cod would be my examples though cod less so) in battle.

I also don't see how it would slow the game down unless it forces you to stop completely and so long as you can still strafe during ads and kill times aren't too long then inclusion of ads shouldn't matter to much.
    (And defintly preferable to me)

Zoom'd in won't be so bad but I'd rather have the realistic touch (I know its sci-fi) were your using the sights of whatever it is your firing.
    Could just be me though and I accept that as I were never the biggest halo fan.

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    So can I, back in my CoD playing days I used to bang on about it not being needed. Gears of War and whatnot don't seem to suffer from not being able to pogo your way across a map.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    So can I, back in my CoD playing days I used to bang on about it not being needed. Gears of War and whatnot don't seem to suffer from not being able to pogo your way across a map.
    omg ur playing games wrong.
  • What the fuck is ads?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I guessed it was Aiming Down Sights, although I suppose Davie could have just been spelling AIDS wrong, but based on the context, I'm at least 90% sure it's the former.
  • Oh right.

I like the way Halo does it. Defiance does basically the same thing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!