Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Mod74 wrote:
    If the idea of more and less skilful games held any water then someone who was good at the "most" skilful game would be able to boss a "less" skilful one. We both know that's nowhere near the case.

What? We all that the average Halo player would beat the average BF player at BF.  Don't try to point out Shyam as being an exception to the rule, he's way below average.
  • HALO HALO HALO.
    ...OR LET'S CHAT ABOUT DESTINY, YEAH.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Knight hasn't said anything about Halo being a high skill game. Ah, Jesus.

Err, yeah he did.

Or rather he said ADS games were lower skill than non-ADS.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Knight hasn't said anything about Halo being a high skill game. Ah, Jesus.
    Err, yeah he did. Or rather he said ADS games were lower skill than non-ADS.
    So, he didn't then.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Are you new to English?
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    this game has wicked cool jet bikes I hope there is rocket race that would be so awesome <3
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Nexx wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    If the idea of more and less skilful games held any water then someone who was good at the "most" skilful game would be able to boss a "less" skilful one. We both know that's nowhere near the case.

What? We all that the average Halo player would beat the average BF player at BF.  Don't try to point out Shyam as being an exception to the rule, he's way below average.

I'd take you all on! ;)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hiya Dubs *waves*
  • daviedigi wrote:
    Nexx wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    I'd take you all on! ;)

Don't get me started on the skill level of PS3 gamers.  You lot are worse at games than Mod probably.
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I'm sorry Yoss but Nexx is my rocket man UNDEFEATED apart from those few times but that was stupid randoms getting in the driver seat so they don't count.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Are you new to English?
    SURE AS SUGAR I MUST BE.

Nexx: PS3 gamers are disadvantaged due to their shit controllers. You can't blame it entirely on them. Or their lack of good FPS games.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dubs wrote:
    I'm sorry Yoss but Nexx is my rocket man UNDEFEATED apart from those few times but that was stupid randoms getting in the driver seat so they don't count.

Whatever, I don't care.

*lip starts quivering*
  • Dubs wrote:
    <3 

Nexx: PS3 gamers are disadvantaged due to their shit controllers. You can't blame it entirely on them. Or their lack of good FPS games.

And the fact that it looks like a george foreman grill?  Like whats up with that lol?
  • LOL.

All this makes me wonder - What's the next big arena shooter going to be?
  • Halo 3 stock... does that mean I don't have to play a 25 year old fucking game with pistols that can kill me at Lake Superior distances? If so please.
  • LOL. All this makes me wonder - What's the next big arena shooter going to be?

There won't be one - arena shooters are dead.
  • What was the last one?
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Kill times are clearly much MUCH faster in COD / most ADS games, I think mainly because of this mechanic.
    Not really, look at Counter Strike. The reason kill times are longer in Halo is because of the shield mechanic -if you can call it a mechanic, really it's just an extra long health bar- and nothing to do with aim type. As Yoss said, take the shields away and the kill times drop dramatically.

That's disingenuous. Max kill time in CS is as fast/faster than COD but average kill time is lots longer in Counter Strike for the VAST majority of players. Mainly because the aiming mechanic makes hitting people much harder in Counter Strike than COD.
    Just because someone is good at Halo, or Counter Strike, or COD, or Battlefield, or take your pick doesn't mean they're any good at any other game. Completely different skill sets. You can't say one is more skilful than another. You might as well say Tennis is more skilful than Volleyball.

You like saying Halo is a skilful game because you're good at it. That to me is just ego talking and what it says is "I'm good at a hard game so I'm better than people who are good at a lesser one". The idea of more or lesser skill exists only in your head.

If the idea of more and less skilful games held any water then someone who was good at the "most" skilful game would be able to boss a "less" skilful one. We both know that's nowhere near the case.
    You're saying that the skillsets between Halo and COD are as different as the skillsets between Tennis and Volleyball? It's difficult to know what to say, at this point the conversation becomes utterly pointless because it's clear no amount of logic could possibly cause you to change your mind.

How many times do I have to tell you that this was never a Halo vs COD conversation?
    GT: Knight640
  • This thread is DESTINED to be a Halo mk2 thread.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Be brave.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Knight wrote:
    How many times do I have to tell you that this was never a Halo vs COD conversation?

No, it was always going to be "halo is top skills ergo I'm top skills" because that's the entirety of your input into any discussion about FPS games.
  • Except when he pointed out that he thought CS > Halo for skills.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    No, he said it was harder to aim in CS.

Then threw in a bunch of random supposition about "vast majorities" to support the claim.
  • Nexx wrote:

It's called being "Special" FYI!!!! Just need a Godlike HotDog from the Meat Market to supercharge my skills. Knight's squats ain't got nothing on me!!!!!

Besides my Halo Prwnge Skills are transferable to Street Fighter! But not to COD, because COD is for spackers and old men, AMIRITE???
    Believe!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Are you new to English?
    SURE AS SUGAR I MUST BE. Nexx: PS3 gamers are disadvantaged due to their shit controllers. You can't blame it entirely on them. Or their lack of good FPS games.

in your opinion.
    you have proboubly never tried ps3 unreal tournament with a mouse and keyboard then!

thread may as well become halol fanboy thread now as we see how this has turned out.

either way i look forward to destiny and iron sights if true.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Mod and Davie unite against the greater evil of Halol fanboyism. It's a truly momentous day.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    No, he said it was harder to aim in CS.

No I didn't. Read what I wrote Mod74, not what you assume I wrote.
    GT: Knight640
  • @daviedigi -I'm only teasing you, Davie. As I said, I've never even seen Killzone running. I'd have thought my constantly furious Halo praise would have been quite obviously tongue in cheek given all the the BEST CAPS but maybe not. No offense intended.

Mod can keep his snide little remarks to himself, however.

EDIT: I'm not going to argue about that shit though. So dull.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Mod can keep his snide little remarks to himself, however. EDIT: I'm not going to argue about that shit though. So dull.

Oooh, handbag.

I notice you don't have a problem with Knight telling the people reading the Destiny thread that any sense of being OK at their chosen ADS shooters is worthless because they're low skill games. Where's the request to keep those snide little remarks to the Halo thread?
  • Thing is Mod I don't think it's personal with Knight. I think he's expressing his view that some FPS games / types require more "skill" (which personally I think probably needs more definition to be helpful) than other types, and backing that up with his justification.

You are just saying "bugger off mate you're on an ego trip", which isn't constructive really. If you don't want to engage with Knight's views, however ridiculous you may find them, then I suppose you could always choose to ignore them.

I may be on my own ego trip here, but I think the views I've expressed about ADS, specifically my concern about the type of FPS games that seem to feature ADS the most, are quite valid, and despite some initial definition / explanation issues, could serve as a starting point, if you're interested in a conversation about it. If not, then again I suppose you could just ignore it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!