Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I said before this gen that if they couldn't manage 60fps in every game then fuck them down a well. If they still can't then I just give up. I might just give up anyway unless something comes along that isn't just more fucking shooter games as a service wank bullshit.
  • As to DS's meme. They absolutely can achieve it but wont sacrifice shines for it.

I suspect the reasoning is that those that favour fps are a vocal niche.
    Shiny shiny pictures sell games en masse.
  • JonB wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Still remember being told that the difference between 30 and 60fps wasn’t visible
    I'm not sure I can tell the difference sometimes. Then again I have a PS4, so I've probably never seen 60fps.

can’t believe you’re gaslighting me over this
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    30fps is still fine for a racing game imo.

Nope. Try Dirt Rally at 144Hz sometime, it's a revelation.

That said it seems like many people genuinely can't seem to notice much difference in frame rates, so that's good for them I suppose. 60 being held as the good standard is kinda bollox btw, came across some VESA research from way back, looking into refresh rates and eye fatigue, 75-80 is more like what the minimum should be for devices. Consumers are usually happy to settle for less though.
  • I think the reason 30FPS on console looks as good as it does is down to optimising to a (mostly) solid 30 lock, and often a heavy use of motion blur which gives the impression of smoother movement. There's no getting around the input lag a lower frame rate brings though...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    When I'm moving the cursor between 'Attack', 'Magic', 'Defend' and 'Item' in the turn-based menu, I expect that fucker to whizz along at 60Hz or my FIST will go through the SCREEN.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I wish my phone refreshed quicker. I find the blurry scroll uncomfortable.

#zerothworldproblems.
  • Yeah me too, would definitely feel a lot better. There are a few phones out there with 120Hz screens I think, and one of the iPads?
  • 72Hz was considered flicker free for most people back in the crt days.

Btw, flicker is not an issue these days as lcds refresh differently.

I suspect people are ok with 30fps because a lot of people play on blurry lcds, plus there is a lot of in game blur now to hide the lower framerate.
  • I find fps arguments the height of wankyness.
    You get it in all hobbies "what's he doing playing a 5 string on Changes"
    "I think you'll find 1989 Golf GTIs did NOT come with a standard cigarette lighter"
    "A 7 iron? On the 5th? Madness"

Fucking dull as all shit.
  • It makes a big difference to many, and not a jot to many others. Thus, it is a point of contention, but for us to which it matters it will continue to matter, and we won't shut up about it because it is important.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    All these posts I was expecting a flounce by now.

Looks like it may be over who’s FPS is bestest.
  • LivDiv, those are terrible comparisons.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Not seeing the difference between 60fps and 30fps is like not being able to smell asparagus piss.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    LivDiv, those are terrible comparisons.

It's all the same beardy nonsense.
    Like I get framerate drops with genuine studdering of course but knobheads claiming 120fps are deluded.
    30fps is fine, 60 ideal. That's it.

Creaming over Digital Foundry scores is tragic.
  • My tash was shaved in as a mark of defiance towards the console wars.
  • You are assuming everyone else sees the world the same way you do then?
  • You are assuming everyone else sees the world the same way you do then?
    I've no doubt there is a variation in how we all see but the "unplayable" crowd scream of master race bollocks.
    Shit is rampant in gaming, elitist crap.

If it was so bad Playstation and Xbox would be dead.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    xbox and playstation aint dead cos fannies wanna chuck 400 quid at a plastic twat machine rather than 2k at a METAL TOWER OF DELIGHT
  • b0r1s wrote:
    All these posts I was expecting a flounce by now.
    I
    Think
    We’re
    Getting closer
    The Forum Herald™
  • "Literally unplayable" is a meme, and yeah there's tons of that shit. Comments of that nature are either tongue in cheek, straight up trolling, or perhaps it's a case where someone personally finds going back to a more choppy experience offputting enough to dissuade them from investing time into a game.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Long term plans - it’s Microsoft transitioning to services and streaming which looks likely to be the future.

I’m really not interested in squabbling over which console manufacturer is ‘better’ or will ‘win’ but, “Microsoft are starting to do things Sony have been doing for longer, so Microsoft are better prepared for the future,” is an interesting analysis.
  • If you think Sony have been doing what MS are trying to do then you dont understand what MS are trying to do.
  • Which is?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Make the idea of a console irrelevant for 15 pounds a month.
  • Bob wrote:
    Which is?

Did you not read my halo/ pirate/ vroom vroom pitch?
    SFV - reddave360
  • Make the idea of a console irrelevant for 15 pounds a month.

Right ..

Although I kind of agree with Andy.

The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Long term plans - it’s Microsoft transitioning to services and streaming which looks likely to be the future.

I’m really not interested in squabbling over which console manufacturer is ‘better’ or will ‘win’ but, “Microsoft are starting to do things Sony have been doing for longer, so Microsoft are better prepared for the future,” is an interesting analysis.

Two service offerings, only one of which is available on any hardware you don’t make and even then only on PC does not a transition to services make.
  • Are we still thinking m$ are gonna stream on switch?
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!