The Next Next Gen Thread o/\o
  • Sega split Sonic 3 into 2 games.

That was the beginning of the end for them.
  • I wonder if the idea of streaming will suffer a public backlash in the context that it seems to be more pollutey in someways than actual carts and CDs.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    My only beef with gamepass is that it seems that games are 'only' on there for about a year.. sometimes.. if they're not re-added at some point later on or leave quicker. 

I like the idea of an endless catalogue of slightly older tat (and MS 'sclusives .. rofl lulz amirite!!??!) that I might dip in and out of but the idea that it ebbs and flows quietly grinds my old man buttons a bit. I've still got the US SNES I had as a nipper in the loft and all the boxes of games and systems and everything from then on. It doesn't quite sit right with me that there is a netflixy style pressure to get on and play and finish these games before at some point they might disappear and then I'll have to pay to finish them. 

I also realise that I don't have the time to play anything and am in arsehole hoarder old git idiot mode so this is completely irrelevant to how evil M$ MEGACORP makes any kind of revenue.. but I still like the concept of being able to keep it all in a pile of precious ageing treasures. 

I still bought a years gamepass sub for my older brother's bday who very occasionally will play a witcher 3 or something. I'm seeing him over easter so I'll be interested to see if he's even activated the sub..  He seemed more the target for it as far as I could tell? Not much interest in gaming but sold on browsing media catalogues and thinking about maybe playing some things?

Edit: Oh.. we've moved onto streaming.. I'm not that much of a fan of that too much but I've got to like the idea of fiddling with Steam workshop, having gamefiles to bugger with and like modding my beatsaber with all the tunes and stuff. Streaming may kill all that for us .. unless it  might not .
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I wonder if the idea of streaming will suffer a public backlash in the context that it seems to be more pollutey in someways than actual carts and CDs.

Presumably the pollution from streaming can be reduced/removed entirely by switching to renewable energy?

Natural resources, OTOH, are limited.
  • Heh, PS5 specs look crazy powerful and crazy expensive going by df analysis. €500 price point in 2020? That would be insane and not at all likely. Still a year to go so who knows.

MS has been eying the pc since last gen for reunification with xbox since Xbone using uwp. That attempt failed miserably thanks to the rebellion of Steam (steamOS!), epic and other pc storefronts. No doubt ms will give it another go in 2020/2021. Will see how they fare.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I wonder if the idea of streaming will suffer a public backlash in the context that it seems to be more pollutey in someways than actual carts and CDs.

How so?
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    But by 2024 rite? That's next gen timeframe surely?

Can someone start the nextnextnextgen thread so we can start spunking over how amazing M$ are?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I wonder if the idea of streaming will suffer a public backlash in the context that it seems to be more pollutey in someways than actual carts and CDs.

It's not so far.
  • Bob wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

Can someone start the nextnextnextgen thread so we can start spunking over how amazing M$ are?

Maybe we could have a separate M$ next gen thread? Viewable on any format, even phone
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

There’s only been one person spunking over a console manufacturer in this thread, Bob.
  • Micro$oft
    Son¥
    Nint€ndo
  • Psvr2 plz.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Will pay cash.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    How many VR systems does one man need?
  • Two.
  • To explain, a PC one and a console one.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    There’s only been one person spunking over a console manufacturer in this thread, Bob.

Dude, I certainly don't intend to get into any kind of arguement with you. I feel we bonded over Kim's Convenience.. but it's ironic that that's your view.

I'll buy whatever console appears to offer most bang for my buck and has the games I want to play.

My only spunky comment last night was quite clearly supposed to be a joke.

Have a nice day.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    If you don’t want to get into arguments, why keep trolling and needling? You clearly keep trying to provoke reactions and then act shocked when someone reacts even mildly. It’s a bit disingenuous, TBH.
  • I wish I'd bought a PS4 instead of Bone.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    If you don’t want to get into arguments, why keep trolling and needling? You clearly keep trying to provoke reactions and then act shocked when someone reacts even mildly. It’s a bit disingenuous, TBH.

I'm genuinely interested in the next gen and I'm genuinely interested in badgers opinions. Sometimes I need things clarifying as I don't see the point of certain things cos they don't appeal to me or I've forgotten about them. I'm old grumpy and mostly pissed but here for a good time not a long time. Hope that clears that up.

Clearly I misread the bonding experience. As you where.

*edit* added a winky just in case ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • So this could actually be the last 'true' console hardware generation before the industry embraces the streaming server-client model. Something to look forward to or is it all a big meh? Seems like the pc will be the final bastion for powerful consumer hardware to play games locally.

Within 5  years everyone might be adopting the Google Stadia model. Will be interesting to see how this will effect the industry.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Micro$oft Son¥ Nint€ndo

NinYendo
  • Kinda enjoyed Amy Hennig's take on next next gen.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-16-the-big-amy-hennig-interview
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I guess the thing is now the super-casual audience has buggered off to mobile etc., consoles are now the reserve of the semi-hardcore upwards. Given uber-hardcore gamers will never evangelise for streaming given the inherent issues with lag and ownership, will consoles ever truly orient that way?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I guess the thing is now the super-casual audience has buggered off to mobile etc., consoles are now the reserve of the semi-hardcore upwards. Given uber-hardcore gamers will never evangelise for streaming given the inherent issues with lag and ownership, will consoles ever truly orient that way?

100 million PS4s say the casuals are still on console too.
  • Price/quality will be a big factor with streaming.
    If the price is right, will the audience follow?

Hennig is also right in pointing out that the current AAA developing model is broken and financially unsustainable in the long run.
    Something needs to change....
  • MS are dead in Japan, so i dont see them doing much to change the status quo when their nextgen console launches. Sony/Nintendo will probably reign supreme in Japan with video game developers for years to come. Also with Windows Anywhere why would i want an XBOX when i can play 90% of the titles on my home pc with a XBOX controller plugged in.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    MS are dead in Japan.

Look, I'm close to having had enough of this unabashed Microsoft fanboyism. It's not funny any more

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    MS are dead in Japan, so i dont see them doing much to change the status quo when their nextgen console launches. Sony/Nintendo will probably reign supreme in Japan with video game developers for years to come. Also with Windows Anywhere why would i want an XBOX when i can play 90% of the titles on my home pc with a XBOX controller plugged in.

That last sentence is exactly why MS wants to unify pc and xbox gaming into one service.
    PC software vendors don't like it one bit tho. Valve, Epic, Ubi, Origin etc. are concerned MS want to monopolise pc gaming (dx12) by shutting out rival publishers. Not sure if and how MS is going to solve this. If it is even solvable at all.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!