Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Their inability to do BC makes some of that harder tho
  • Isn't that what PSNow is for?

Remember you can download ps3 and PS4 games on there now too instead of just streaming them.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Using a ps4 for spotify seems.. energy excessive? Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't a blue tooth speaker/ echo dot/ hifi linked to your phone be a better choice. Each to their own etc. etc.

I use it for gaming loads, muting the game music.  Can't speak for Nick but if you're on a free sub the consoles act in a similar fashion to the desktop app - i.e not constantly on shuffle and with the ability to skip tracks whenever you fancy.
  • Nah I'm just lazy and if I've been watching youtube or something but then fancy music I just open Spotify on the PS4.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Using a ps4 for spotify seems.. energy excessive? Maybe I'm missing something but wouldn't a blue tooth speaker/ echo dot/ hifi linked to your phone be a better choice. Each to their own etc. etc.

I use it for gaming loads, muting the game music.  Can't speak for Nick but if you're on a free sub the consoles act in a similar fashion to the desktop app - i.e not constantly on shuffle and with the ability to skip tracks whenever you fancy.

Yeh I use it on my daily gt sport stuff.
    (one last gold to get in circuit experience on le man's and one last 30 lap race in mission challenges)
    You can also say Google skip song or whatever to your phone too.

Also someone mentioned voice activity on the consoles earlier and although it's never been a feature of ps4 it's always done it with any headset that has a mic or the PS4 camera too.

Useful for starting games up or whatever while making a cuppa tea in kitchen.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Now that you mention it Rime wasn't exactly buttery smooth on PS4 either.

I think that's why some devs are going over to Unreal. It's very scalable now and a bit better optimised. I think

Rime was on unreal.

And the fuckwits couldn’t get it running smoothly on an overspecced pc either.

• Unity are on a big push for "Performance by default" with the new "data-oriented tech stack": https://unity.com/dots
    There's some nice stuff in there but, as per, wringing the best out of it is still additional effort that may be out of reach for the smaller indies. Also, as with a lot of Unity tech it's in preview/beta and not production-ready. Seems to be par for the course - parts of Unity are constantly being abandoned in favour of new guff that isn't ready yet, whereas it seems with Unreal you get an engine that is viable for Epic's current tentpole games, but more of a PITA to mod for other targets.

Hopefully in the next few years Unity-based games will get better perf, but then the window shifts and devs start pushing harder and you keep hitting frameouts. The only solution for solid performance is solid automated-testing backend and team discipline to hit the perf targets, which just isn't a priority for many smaller devs (except those targeting 2D vs fighters etc).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    digi wrote:
    Isn't that what PSNow is for?

Remember you can download ps3 and PS4 games on there now too instead of just streaming them.

I did not know this. So you can download PS3 games to PS4 and what play them locally??
  • If you have a PS Now sub, yes.
  • Isnt it just PS4 games on PS4 on PS3 on PS3, download wise.

Seriously half of PS Now's issues are that it is clear as mud and is tainted by poor performance early on.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

Oohh.. So is that a Spotify thing? The always shuffle? I usually use Google Music on our TV, but that app started skipping all songs. So I tried the Spotify app on TV but that logs me out pretty often. So I tried the "log in and start a song on mobile then send it to the TV" option. Which didn't seem to be able to show me a complete album, and was shuffling too. It was very confusing.

• It is when using mobiles (unless you pay for premium).  It's ridiculous how much use I've got out of the free sub on consoles/PC tbh, I almost feel guilty.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'm not paying, guess I'd need to spend the time it takes to enter my log in on the TV so then. That could do full albums without shuffle.
  • It's worth a go.  I've started to look forward to the adverts because no matter how awful they are I never give in and subscribe.  Two of them are tailored to my taste in music, and sort of take the piss out of it too.  Treat myself to headphones to listen to country music secretly eh?  Okay then I will, but I'm still not paying your sub.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Isnt it just PS4 games on PS4 on PS3 on PS3, download wise.

Seriously half of PS Now's issues are that it is clear as mud and is tainted by poor performance early on.

Yeah, I just checked and you can only download PS4 games on PS4.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

I use it for gaming loads, muting the game music.

Oh god you're like Bob. You are the worst. People write music especially for the games FFS.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Except for all the games with licensed music.

Even when people do write music for the game, there’s often not enough of it to not start driving you mad.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:

I use it for gaming loads, muting the game music.

Oh god you're like Bob. You are the worst. People write music especially for the games FFS.

Any game with commentary. Any.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Firing up ODST with Smash Mouths greatest hits brb
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Firing up ODST with Smash Mouths greatest hits brb

Hey now
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Drop in co op
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Except for all the games with licensed music. Even when people do write music for the game, there’s often not enough of it to not start driving you mad.

OK, wrote/chose.

I guess I just have remarkable strength of character to very rarely find this an issue.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I don’t find it an issue all that often, TBH, but I’m very glad that there are other options for those games where I do find it an issue.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You know what whole thing of the sushi chef making sushi the way they want and if you don't like it then tough? Well that but for game music.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    ERE kens
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Except in this case the sushi chef has added a toggle switch that allows you to choose whether or not you want you want part of the sushi.
  • Until the licenses expire so they have to patch the game to take the music out and the only way to get the OST is via a Spotify playlist oh noes.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Except for all the games with licensed music. Even when people do write music for the game, there’s often not enough of it to not start driving you mad.

OK, wrote/chose.

I guess I just have remarkable strength of character to very rarely find this an issue.

The trick is to barely play any games more than a few minutes, then the music won't even have a chance to be heard once through, never mind start to grate.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Going by the 52 Games thread, most of the stuff Moot ‘completes’ is barely the length of an album, anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!