Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    The best thing they could do with the next trilogy is to not make it.

Nah. There's some good stuff there, they just need a good plan to stick to.
  • They should do one where they find artifacts but the lessons are blurry and the roles of the Sith and Jedi are reversed.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    It would have been interesting to see her kill Palps, turn fully to the dark side and then off Kylo as he senses the change and tries to stop her. Setting her up as the big bad in the next films. As it stands, she's almost unstoppable. Fuck knows what they're going to conjure up to be a match for her next time.

Thats what i wanted. Empresses Rey.

I would have preferred her to kill palps, turn fully dark, then Ben Skywalker kill her, but die in the process, completing his redemption arc and bringing balance to the force.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The more I think about it the more I like it. They're linked but where Kylo moves more to the light, Rey moves closer to the dark side, they can never both be the same. Like the two sides of Yin and yang. I'm sure that's in one of the (6?) endings they tried out.
  • monkey wrote:
    The best thing they could do with the next trilogy is to not make it.

Nah. There's some good stuff there, they just need a good plan to stick to.

Dare they be brave enough to relegate the whole jedi thing to the background for the next trilogy and leave the empire behind as well? The only way I can see this working is a real clean break and just use the universe but not the general stuff that's been built.

I think marvel have the same problem after endgame. After such an epic finale where they take things without it feeling like a retread or a waterdown. new characters following the same approach won't cut it, there needs to be a real change to keep things interesting (financial success is a whole different thing - although the solo result should be a warning to Disney on this)

SFV - reddave360
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    The last four minutes of this video g.man posted. 'Disney, hope it was worth it'. Ooof.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Going in for a second viewing.
  • That Pitch Meeting video made me laugh.
  • In it he's getting at the Chewie thing. It's not so much that it's a plot hole (although it is, either you can sense his life force or whatever it is or you can't. Or does Rey's force radar just so happen go on the blink at incredibly plot friendly moments?)

There is never any suggestion that Rey sensed Chewie or that he was dead. In the whole film, the only time she senses any individual’s presence (or lack thereof) is BenRen, and Leia (but only when she dies, and that’s possibly through BenRen).

With the Chewie moment, she’s only going by Finn’s say so that Chewie is on the transporter, and then simply assumes that she’s killed him. She’s freaked out enough by the Force power she’s just accidentally discovered (fuelled by anger) and thinking she’s killed her friend to be sensing very much.

Regardless of how anyone feels about whether they bottled it, it’s worth noting that when we (and Finn) see Chewie being herded onto the transporter, there is quite clearly another transporter right next to it. We don’t see either take off. Both we and Finn are back around to the other side of the rock before we see a transporter in the air. We, and Finn, think it’s the one Chewie is on, but both transporters were out of our sight for a period of time. So, regardless of whether or not you think it’s a cheap shot or they bottled it, they haven’t completely cheated.

Also, someone was querying whether Palpatine is Rey’s maternal or paternal grandfather. It’s definitely the latter; BenRen’s line before the Falcon escape is along the lines of, ‘my mother was Vader’s daughter, your father was Palpatine’s son.’
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    She senses him on kylo rens ship doesn't she?
  • Not that I saw. She senses that she has to leave Finn and Poe to find Chewie while she goes off to find the dagger.
  • She senses him on kylo rens ship doesn't she?

Yes I remember that bit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think she does sense him later on too saying something like. "Chewies alive....hes on that there ship"
  • I did need a piss and some sweets, and was waiting for the transporter bit before I went, so I must’ve missed that last night.
  • I went for a piss at the end of the fight on Death Star ruins. Seeing all that water made me wanna go, I was already starting to feel uncomfortable and that was the last straw! I came back and caught a tiny glimpse of Han, missed that exchange altogether.
  • Probably for the best.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I expect the scene would have been with Leia, had Carrie not passed away.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yeah I can’t imagind it being a good scene.
  • It was met with groans and laughter in the cinema I was in.
  • This of course followed the scene where she mortally wounded Kylo Ren and then completely healed him with her awesome Farce Powas.
    It's such a pity that at no time in the previous eight movies, did any of the Jedi think to use this ability when those they cared about were injured or dead or dying. So much of this galactic strife could have been avoided.
  • Biggest groan at the viewing I was in was when Ben and Rey kissed at the end.
  • I expect the scene would have been with Leia, had Carrie not passed away.

Yes. I think also it would have required the kind of energy that led to Luke exhausting himself (fake teleportation across the galaxy) which is why she does too.

Man Ren does act like an asshole to the point where three people need to say “yo don’t do this” to the extent it literally kills them.
  • g.man wrote:
    This of course followed the scene where she mortally wounded Kylo Ren and then completely healed him with her awesome Farce Powas. It's such a pity that at no time in the previous eight movies, did any of the Jedi think to use this ability when those they cared about were injured or dead or dying. So much of this galactic strife could have been avoided.

It's a canon Jedi power, but from the extended universe, not the movie universe.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • HELLLOOOOOOO!!!!
  • Great to see you, dude.
  • No one's ever really gone!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • :D Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmm! Seasons Greetings to you and yours mate! :)
    Candidate for post of the year right there!

Boom. Nice to see you all again!

Thought I'd drop in and see what everyone's thoughts were on ROTS. Seems a mixed bag, all round.

Personally, I loved it. There were pacing and script issues, sure, but overall I think it did a great job of tying everything up. The set pieces were spectacular, I enjoyed the humour, the new charcaters were (mostly) good fun and the Emperor was suitably diabolical.

I'm not sure how much more I want, or could expect, from a big, daft space-opera about wizard-samurai with laser-swords...
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    With you there Jaco. You enjoyed it. And I enjoyed TFA. I don’t really care about plot consistency and common sense when I’m enjoying the rollercoaster.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!