Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well that took a Rian Johnson style turn.
  • He's one of the 100 Han Solo clones that were made by the Empire or some shit. I dunno. Lotta clones in this Star Wars stuff?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Why clone Jango Fett when you could clone Darth Maul or some other double hard Sith fucker?
  • Can't control a galaxy of double hard sith fuckers running around. Also Darth Maul got robot legs or something? No one's every really gone.
  • They did: sideous - the most powerful fucker- was clones.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuck "the old men" (my ex's name for RLM)... They hated it and I gotta admit it sucked but now I'm in battol with reg I look like a weako if I admit it

I see you

• Luke catching the saber -> Not sure if you guys know but I detested TL sentJ. :D  I LOVED the line when Luke catches the saber as Rey throws it into the fire: "the weapon of a Jedi is to be treated with more respect" or something like that. It was plain Mark Hamill loved saying that line.

Han visits Ben -> This one yeah was mostly pure cheese and fan service
    I love a bit of servicing from time to time

Loving the juxtaposition there.
    I like a bit of servicing from time to time

http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • You know Luke is really grumpy at the beginning of TLJ and rouj made me think about how Luke appeared in the last Jedi (specifically that he nearly thought about killing Ben).

I wonder if after return of the Jedi he got a better idea about some of the shit the Jedi did, some of their pretentious, arrogant and distant assholery that lead to anakin being darth Vader. I know at the end of Return of the Jedi he’s supposed to have become a Jedi but I think if he really thought about (and learnt) what happened to his dad he’d have a more nuanced view of the force and the jedis place in relation to it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tell you what stops all this moaning about TLJ and ROS? Watch the prequels. I’m watching em now and apart from the art direction (some great ships btw) these new films really are a lot better.
  • Lets face it. If lucas was in charge of this triology, the opening banner would read

SITHEXIT! In desperation to breakaway from the republic, the sith have announced they will be leaving the republic on stardate 99978. Emperor Palpatine promised Sithexit by the end of the year. During campaigning Palpatine was see sucking the life out of the crowds, literally....
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ha ha ha
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have to say neither JJ or Johnson had the balls to create a platformer level in their film. Attack of The Clones rulez.
  • Also why is Luke going away in the middle one bad? It was either going to be him or Leia gone? He was always going to need a big redemption because he ballsed up Bens Olo.
    There's no reason Luke dieing had to be 'bad' for the overall. In fact i fully expected it to happen going in as it was clear from TFA the purpose was to set up new characters as the stars moving forwards. My personal gripe with TLA is I think it was done badly within the film.

The overall problem is if you kill Luke you lose a few potential plot lines. If you kill Snoke you lose potential plotlines. If Rey and Kylo face off and reject the chance to turn, you lose potential plot lines. Do all three in the same film and you lose a lot. Throw in the destruction of first order fleet, and the resistance fleet, and end with literally nothing of interest happening...Fair enough if this is the end of a season of Game of Thrones, but you've only got one more film. If people enjoy Last Jedi that's fine, as much as i dislike it and will moan about, I don't mean to take it away from others, but I really don't understand what people were left looking forward to or excited about in part 3.

I also don't think Kylo Ren suits being the main big bad guy - by far the most interesting thing through all these films is Adam Driver and Kylo's 'struggle' to be bad enough, I think it wouldn't work to have him as the new Emperor. Plus how does that story end interestingly? Rey turns him so he quickly puts out the order to the stormtroopers "stand down lads, i've had a change of heart, we're good guys now"?

And so, to get back to the initial point, that's why I don't blame Rise for being ridiculous, literally digging up the emperor etc. I could pick a load of issues and whys and what ifs with it, but ultimately I'm stunned they pulled something together that I still enjoyed and was engaged with.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • For me I don’t know how you move from ren being the ultimate big bad to redemption or whatever (does he get a redemption? Should he?) but i think that’s the set up the at least creates a different film and that’s exactly what the job of the film makers is.

the palpatine ending (or snoke if he was still alive) simply is the same as return of the Jedi. Except it’s vaderen snokatine and rake with maybe the whole thing hinging on Ren having a Martha moment instead of Rey being involved. We know this is what would have happened because this is what happened except with The names slightly changed. This time we also get a more superfluous fight outside too.

It’s one thing to want nostalgia and fan service but I think if anyone is being honest the idea of Vader being Luke’s dad is so intriguing because it wasn’t obvious (remember also at that point we only just learn about the emperor - he isn’t in ep4)
  • Just watched it and loved it but I’m not a mega nerd about SW
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED???
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Just rewatched the last jedi, it's a lot shorter and funnier than i remembered! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • It's star wars. It was enjoyable and predictable and utterly hollow like any superhero film, jurassic park, or games like halo and MGS etc.

People seem to lose their minds over this stuff and got. Who fucken cares.

That said, this film had pacing issues and a lot of jumps from one scene to the next weren't really clear as to why it was necessary. It felt like an on rails experience with a checklist of dying old stars who needed to have their story threads tidied up.

Was it a great film? No. A great star wars film? Good enough. Not worth having an aneurysm over.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Didn't know what I wanted, turns out it wasn't that. Absolute bobbins.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Haha just been reading some conspiracy theories. Apparently they chose to kill off Ren at the last second. So the reason Rey has her “Skywalker” bit is because the film is called “rise of Skywalker” but all of that lineage is otherwise dead when Ren died.
  • Film was akin to being strapped to a rollercoaster while a five year old explains Flat Earth theory to you, in that it's only after you get off and catch your breath that you realise that absolutely none of it makes any sense at all.
    24XTy7t.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don’t worry about sense. Just enjoy the ride :-)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    *waves hand*

It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to make sense.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out 'WHAAAAT?'
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • g.man wrote:
    Film was akin to being strapped to a rollercoaster while a five year old explains Flat Earth theory to you, in that it's only after you get off and catch your breath that you realise that absolutely none of it makes any sense at all.
    24XTy7t.gif

Lol
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of voices cried out...

source.gif
  • *waves hand*

It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to make sense.

I’d say it’s necessary for the characters to make sense even if the mechanics around them don’t.

Force healing is okay because we know Rey is nice and if she had a doctors kit she might also heal the snake.

Luke Skywalkers dad being a dickhead only makes sense and is interesting if Luke Skywalker is definitely not some nihilist punk but is shown to want to be good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!