Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker SPOILER THREAD
  • Regardless of who directed as long as there was an overarching plot to tie all three together properly then it should have been fine, but it wasnt. This is something marvel excels at and disney own them! StarWars is at a cross roads as a franchise. They really need to do something new storywise with the next triology.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I think the people who like all three films are in the rarity.

On the internet? Certainly. In the real world? Not so much.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I haven’t read all your comments yet. Overall I enjoyed it, but I enjoyed TFA. Not going to moan about anything, but I’ll read everyone’s viewpoints.
  • Andy wrote:
    I think the people who like all three films are in the rarity.
    On the internet? Certainly. In the real world? Not so much.

Ye, I should clarified I was talking about people I know and chat with, but I can't claim to know what the public at large think cos I don't talk to them about the Star War really. I exist On Line.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    That's not how it works, bud.
    You mean, only your opinion counts? Everyone else can fuck off? Cos I'd respect you more if you just went and said it.

TLJ was aids, this film just about redeemed Rey and Kylo for me. Sadly Luke Skywalker forever just got depressed, then got tired and died. Thanks Sian, you so hip.

Honestly the best thing now is he's probably only doing Indies from now on. I quite liked looper.

Does only your opinion about tlj being aids count?

No, it's my opinion. You have yours..I hate tlj and like this. You're the other way. Ergo Plato, we're quits. Criticise this film.on its own merits, stop banging on about the moronic TLJ shite. No one wants to go there, it's fucking boring.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just read the thread. Pretty much what I expected, big lols to be had. It’s Star Wars guys. You all still recall Lucas wrote this on the back of the Saturday morning serials he used to watch and enjoy. Plot holes aplenty. 

Chewie on a different transport? Good thing Indy knew to blow up the right truck the Nazi's put Marion on. 

Picking on Star Wars for plot holes is ridiculous
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Picking on Star Wars for plot holes is ridiculous

Yes, but I think very few blockbuster movies can stand up to plot problems. At the end of the day, it really comes down to whether you buy Bond, Indy, Marvel, Star Wars, whatever enough to overlook the plot problems. For all the issues I have with star wars being over rated and not nearly as deep as people make it (yes, there's the books but its a movie series first and foremost) it's generally good entertainment for the 2 hours or so. Well, prequels aside, they are awful films. TFA was decent, I enjoyed TLJ and I reckon despite plot holes and rushed moments, I'll still get a kick out of TROS. Scorcese is correct in that these movies are trill rides, just wrong in that being a problem for most of us.

Besides if you really want to see some bad blockbusters, just download one of the Transformers movies. Or much of the DC stuff. Plenty of true shit in there.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I thought it was Fucking awesome - yes if you’re going to nit pick there’s plenty to go at and lots of things aren’t really explained and a lot of mcguffins but it was still fucking awesome - great closure and the second best trilogy
    The Forum Herald™
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Nah. It's not beyond reproach.

Just came here to post this:

In it he's getting at the Chewie thing. It's not so much that it's a plot hole (although it is, either you can sense his life force or whatever it is or you can't. Or does Rey's force radar just so happen go on the blink at incredibly plot friendly moments?) but it almost went for something brave and bottled it. Fake death, and not for the first time, Leia in TFA, Kylo and Rey both had one here too. Three fake outs in one film is too much, Shirley?

It's fun enough, entertaining and I even lap up most of the heavy handed fan service, but there are certainly the odd clanger dropped here and there, it's not ridiculous to mention them.

On the fan appeasement thing, Rose being benched is a bit rough. I didn't like her character much in TLJ but I'd rather see them make a better go of her than drop her almost completely. Then again she's competing with fucking Lando, force ghosts, new droids, new little cute bastard thing, never mind Finn, Poe and the rest.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    They shouldn’t have taken Rose off the bench in the first place. She was shit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just feels like pandering to the death threat cunts now though, instead of trying to make her a better character.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Death threats? See I don’t read much outside this forum or professional reviews.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Death threats? See I don’t read much outside this forum or professional reviews.

Who said it was ppl outside the forum?
    Spoiler:

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think it got that far. Didn't she have to leave Twitter? Probably for the best in that regard anyway.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Good review from Kermode there Paul. And while I didn’t love TLJ I didn’t hate it like some people did. I do wonder if part of my lack of passion in arguing points is 1) I’m just too old for this shit or 2) I actually think I fell out of love with Star Wars films before the new films came out. I recall watching the originals so many times that perhaps they just don’t hold the lasting appeal they once did. So I enjoy them for what they are, a big entertaining spectacle, then move on.
  • The thing is the first three are a perfectly self contained narrative ... didn’t need the godawful original trilogy and while I’m pleased these new ones exist we didn’t really need them

TFA was pretty much a new hope and this openly touched base with RoJ ... the middle film was clearly not designed to be part of a trilogy
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’d agree with that Bob. I’d also say they had a dash of Empire in this when Ben reveals Rey’s heritage to her. He even holds out his hand like Vader before she jumps. I think JJ had decided he wanted to reboot the originals (possibly from his Star Trek experience). I think Johnson wanted to rip it up and start again. What I would say is I don’t think anyone will make ALL Star Wars fans happy. Too many people to please.
  • Watched it last night, and it's good fun but jumps around so quickly, it feels like a tapas of a movie, with nothing really being allowed to develop further than it being established 'here's a scene, innit cool.. NEXT'.
    It felt like JJ hated most things in TLJ and tried to remove and retcon as many things as possible.
    There were too many things that were given no explanation as to why they could happen. e.g. Palapatine, their hands were wrecked from scarring, but their face was clearly unscarred, so we're they a clone as well? To the healing force and the moving of items through space.
    Also. Can someone please help with what happened to Leia? Looks like she just stopped living after sending kylo a message.
    At least they gave Poe his character back, though screamed out LOOK HE'S STRAIGHT, HERE'S HIS EX. Though I thought him and Finn were going for a huge shag when embraced at the end.
    Wouldn't have minded something between finn and rey, because this whole her falling for someone who spent two films abusing her is rank as hell. Even if he was redeemed.

So, it's miles better the TLJ for me, which as time goes on, gets more rank with every viewing.
    (while solo gets better)
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Plot holes galore, missed opportunities, on the nose dialogue but I don't care. I liked it a lot. I liked TLJ and FA too. Yey for star wars!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Plus chewy got his medal! (fucking fan service eh?)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

Should have died in that transport, the cunt.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Was fucking waiting for the ergo Plato *drinks*
  • Plot holes galore, missed opportunities, on the nose dialogue but I don't care. I liked it a lot. I liked TLJ and FA too. Yey for star wars!

I really liked TFA.

Should have died in that transport, the cunt.

That part was so lame.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • When they were looking for Chewie and Rey uses her mind tricks on the stormtroopers, I was half expecting them to say “we are looking for a prisoner. Looks like a walking carpet”
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm 118 pages into one of the Rise of Skywalker lead-in books (out of 224) and the bloody plot hasn't kicked in yet! Stop boring me!!!
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I'm 118 pages into one of the Rise of Skywalker lead-in books (out of 224) and the bloody plot hasn't kicked in yet! Stop boring me!!!

Did Rian Johnson write it? Ayo! :)

o/
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Rev wrote:
    Also. Can someone please help with what happened to Leia? Looks like she just stopped living after sending kylo a message.

I think the probably ran out of footage? also Maz Cateena or whatever her name is suggest that Leia knows what she has to do.. hinting at some kind of scarifice.. and then her body disappears cos that's what Jedi do iirc?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I think the amount of energy require to penetrate peak dark side ren solo takes out a the last of her energy. FWIW I think she would have “died” otherwise (each specific one seemed to be the death of the original trio) but perhaps in a way that was more personal - maybe solo/Harrison only does that last dialogue because Fisher is dead - he only wanted to do one film.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Rev wrote:

I think the probably ran out of footage? also Maz Cateena or whatever her name is suggest that Leia knows what she has to do.. hinting at some kind of scarifice.. and then her body disappears cos that's what Jedi do iirc?

Lol. Sounds a bit like David Cameron's reaction to the Great Brexit Wars. I wonder what his force ghost is up to? Probably fucking a dead pig's mouth round the back of the butcher's.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!