Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Women are judged mostly on appearance? Maybe by you.

Everyone judges someone on the first thing they know about them don't they?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yes, but I don't think he was referring to our first impressions of people but rather an overall judgement of women. Women's first impression of men is most likely based on how they look too as it's also the first thing they know.
  • Years of, well, life, have made me irrationally suspicious of people I find physically attractive on sight.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I tend to get one more nice smile than usual on the days I shave my beard and don't look like a tramp.

Although I think that's my mum when I pop in to visit.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Years of, well, life, have made me irrationally suspicious of people I find physically attractive on sight.

The succubi are everywhere.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    There seems to be a belief that natural human behaviour is the same as chimpanzee, tending to an alpha male with a harem of females. However I think the current theory is humans evolved as hunter/gatherers. As with some other species, particularly birds, males and females would couple up to share food and look after young, with males hunting for meat and females gathering plant based food. Falling in love is an evolved response.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Looks like they're taking it seriously even if it was a joke to start with. Again I doubt they need any money to do it, just getting it because they can. Wonder how they came up with the figure $3,300?
  • Lol
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Thanks to this community funded documentary I will become at peace with my self image and will fight back the hordes of feminist gamers.

What do they even need that money for? Surely someone could do a decent effort for free if they had enough interest?
  • Maybe some folks like to get paid for their work? I dunno.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'd have thought Ads By Google would more than cover any "expense" if enough people were interested enough to watch.

Oh, I seem to have speared my own suggestion.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I don't want to have to pay for gender equality. Figuratively is ok but not monetarily. No no.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The Magic Mike trailer is interesting. So in movies with girls as strippers, the male clientele are often odious, repulsive characters. This creates the idea that the women are in a seedy business. 

In Magic Mike, the ladies that Channing is stripping all appear to be very pretty. This creates the idea that the men are doing good. 

Ho hum.
  • Never heard of that, so I looked it up. Interesting that it does seem pretty far removed from any film I can remember with female strippers. The only film I've ever seen that I can recall anyway, with male strippers was The Full Monty. Which got me wondering if there is a female equivalent to it?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Q6xb0.jpg
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oooooh...who's missing from that line up of Disney misogyny?

Oh that's right, Pocahontas. A story that re-wrote historical facts to make her a stronger. braver character.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Never heard of that, so I looked it up. Interesting that it does seem pretty far removed from any film I can remember with female strippers. The only film I've ever seen that I can recall anyway, with male strippers was The Full Monty. Which got me wondering if there is a female equivalent to it?

Steve Soderbergh inni.

I suppose Calendar Girls (not meaning that jokey) is fairly similar?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mod - also not to make her a child.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Oooooh...who's missing from that line up of Disney misogyny? Oh that's right, Pocahontas. A story that re-wrote historical facts to make her a stronger. braver character.

Don't forget Tiana. That girl win the day with some mean gumbo MmmmmmmHmmmmmmm. Cooking and hard house work get yo the man you be wantin'.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I've not seen it, but I didn't get that from the Wiki plot summary.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Well, no wonder. It's a summary. Get around to watching it at some point anyway. It's fairly decent.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Does Tangled break the routine?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I suppose Calendar Girls (not meaning that jokey) is fairly similar?

I've not seen it, but from the trailers I've seen I guess that it would be similar.
  • It's a shame that the internet is almost exclusively populated by over-privileged 12-30 year old men who think that feminism is over and the feeeemales already got everything they wanted and are now just being greedy.

fuck-everything-car-guy.jpg
  • There seems to be a belief that natural human behaviour is the same as chimpanzee, tending to an alpha male with a harem of females. However I think the current theory is humans evolved as hunter/gatherers. As with some other species, particularly birds, males and females would couple up to share food and look after young, with males hunting for meat and females gathering plant based food. Falling in love is an evolved response.

I can't articulate as well as I'd like my wariness (is that a word?) of the use of "natural" and nature in this discussion. And I fall into the trap myself plenty, but there is definitely a tendancy for some to go either: natural = good, or natural = we can't help it. or even, some other animal does it, ergo "natural" therefore = good or we can't help it.

Fucking Hume messes with my mind.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • A large heft of modern sexual / gender identity - particularly its one or the other divide - is derived from the Enlightenment entangling of science and male dominance. I think the arguments that have come along in women's rights and gay rights are understandable, around being "born this way," and so countering a lot of the religious entitlement stuff. Particularly with gay rights related issues though it has become a terrible and unnecessary burden to have to keep affirming a fairly bizarre notion of sexuality derived entirely from a practically non-existent male ideal from a few hundred years ago.

And we probably can't help much of anything! Free will is a terrible thought though, so let's be happy with our sandwiches and beverages.
  • @chet. Ghah. Don't get into free will. My head will explode.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Hume's attitude seems like the most practical, to me. I do like Dennett's updating of it too. Terribly disturbing all the same. I imagine though that appearing to have it and having it are probably identical experience wise. Can go back to the videogame / open world / scripting stuff too. As long as the restrictions are never made clear to the player, it doesn't matter if you were truly affecting the game world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!