PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    5 pages without me. I don't like it.
  • Kow wrote:

Well people did start asking where you were around the 3rd page in.

Oh wait, no they didn't.

And what with Skerret going missing as well, was starting to think there was some kind of conspiracy.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kow wrote:

You were sensored.  Don't you remember?
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Where are these sensors?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Dammit I misplaced a 'c'!
    Get schwifty.
  • Didn't know about krokodil before. Now I do. The member of b&b have provided me with education. Did the saw as raiz n looked at a couple of articles, no vids - for which I'm glad because pictures were illustrative enough. Horrifying the number of decisions that must lead to krokodil use, especially when the effects are clearly known. Must be a hard decision to stick that in you for the first time. And if it isn't then that's a much sadder story.

I know this is now a dicussion on censorship but just wanted tempy to know that his post did make me think and learn.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So, reading back I see that Tempy is a sick fuck, Unlikely is a big girl and a few others can piss off. Ok. Lock the thread Ian.
  • Kow wrote:
    So, reading back I see that Tempy is a sick fuck, Unlikely is a big girl and a few others can piss off. Ok. Lock the thread Ian.
    Correction, everyone can piss off.
  • Didn't know about krokodil before. Now I do. The member of b&b have provided me with education. Did the saw as raiz n looked at a couple of articles, no vids - for which I'm glad because pictures were illustrative enough. Horrifying the number of decisions that must lead to krokodil use, especially when the effects are clearly known. Must be a hard decision to stick that in you for the first time. And if it isn't then that's a much sadder story.

I know this is now a dicussion on censorship but just wanted tempy to know that his post did make me think and learn.

This was my original intention. Now I thenk we're supposed to piss off If I am following the thread correctly.
  • It appears a number of people's cycles have synched up.
  • On the thing about what is acceptable to show on the news, I've seen the full video of the Bradford fire. I'm not quite sure if it was shown in it's entirety on the day or not, or if only parts of it were shown, but Yorkshire Television have since decided that it cannot be shown again.

I have to say that it is one of the most harrowing, and frankly terrifying things I've ever seen. A room full of twenty 18 year olds sat with their hands over their mouths in utter shock was apparantly quite the sight. The chap from Yorkshire said afterwards that the looks on our faces were why it's never been shown. Given that we had been prepared for what we were going to see for several weeks, I can't imagine how people would have felt just having that come up on the news. I'm torn between thinking Yorkshire are right to keep it under wraps, and thinking that it's important that people see it.

I've just realised that it's been nearly a decade since I saw it, and the stand collapsing is an image I can recall as clearly as anything I've seen today.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    News in many European countries is typically much more graphic than UK and Irish news.
  • Is that a cultural thing? Are we more sensitive or more reserved?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I would imagine so. When I first came to Spain I was shocked when I saw the news. There was some story about mass graves and they were dragging decomposing bodies out of it. It was repulsive but I suppose sometimes the real world is. I would say, though, that Spanish TV in general tends to be more sensationalist anyway and it is reasonable to ask how much we need to see and how much is necessary to be considered 'educational'.
  • Which I think poses the bigger question of who gets to decide. I'm guessing there are some regulations that the UK has the prevents the use of overly-graphic images that mainland Europe are a bit freer with?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well I wouldn't lump all of Europe together, I'm sure their laws vary. But yeah, I suppose British laws are stricter.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I have pissed off now what
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stay pissed off.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I missed this thread :(

For what its worth, which probably isn't much but in my mind its the main point because i'm the best, I'm for a gore/horror thread, so there.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Dammit I misplaced a 'c'!
    No, he's here, top of the page.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    ho ho
    Get schwifty.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm on fire.

No really, I am.  It huuuurts.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Quick, somebody piss on Skezzit!

put out the flamez

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I can't reach that far.
  • Is your penis very far away?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    He's got Thalidomide arms
  • I think I've had a pint there.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Hahaha
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    And then you've got visual censorship and almost ignorance of war crimes and torture, but almost glorified images of dead dictators, what's that all about?
    I had to walk out of the Imperial War museum about 10 years ago after walking into the WWII section where they showed footage of the concentration camps. I dont think anything I could watch online would be worse than that tbh. Felt sick for hours.

I remember me and my history class went to that for a school trip. Many of my classmates had the same reaction.
  • So we're all good now.  Apart from Andy (no surprise there) and Skerret (actual surprise there).  Hooray. 

Maria, I guess you realised how stupid your question was, which is why you haven't followed up on it, but if I've missed something let me know.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!