Evil satan tory bastards
  • Gonzo post girlfriend's bank account details and bra size for money transfer
  • I don't like the use of the lowercase 'S' in 'Satan'.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm exempt from giving government any taxes bar VAT. Get your poor money from elsewhere.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Evil Satan Tory makes some nice anagrams, I vote for a cryptic thread rename:

Salient Votary Bastards
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I think we can all agree Gove is a fuckwit.
  • So basically the people who run the country are VERY EVIL, right?  And it's as simple as that.  Phew.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    So basically the people who run the country are VERY EVIL, right?  And it's as simple as that.  Phew.

Not only are they EVIL, they're sent by SATAN. And Cameron's a lizard.
  • Stop complicating things, Yoss.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Can't help it. Politics is complicated, innit?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Gove is a lol. Good luck, English educators.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I vote for the lizards. Wait, they're all lizards, shit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
  • Gove's a complete cunt. Basically wants the secondary education system to be less skills based and more concentrated on learning by rote. 

Being able to say when the Battle of Bannockburn was (from memory) is a really useful skill when everyone has Google on their smartphones. Er, not Google from here obviously, although he may well know when the Battle of Bannockburn was.

There's a place for factual knowledge but if that's at the expense of losing skills of analysis and processing, seems like a disaster in waiting.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    kOvMb.jpg
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • From a point of view as a benefits frauding mentalist i can indeed say their austerity measures have been quite pointedly aimed at areas of benefits with typically very little fraud and their assessment of the ill has been moved to business and bonus hunting. The work of ATOS has quite stunned in its damage to the lives of the ill, to save money that is not, comparably, taken from the (typically nepotism-induced) riches of the possibly undeserving.

The government could be said to be evil for this i suppose, morally bankrupt certainly, because, proportionally,the punishment to the poor and ill has been grievous compared to the slidingly unpunishing tax breaks the 'rich' are allegedly coming to enjoy

You're playing devils advocate Unlikely, i'll try and indulge you as best I can, horseface would be able to inform better however she's practically a scholar in this area
  • Learning by rote is clearly fucking balls.

The Tories are shit. But Then so are Labour. And the Lib Dems burned their principles for the coalition.

So who exactly do we vote for?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I still think who you vote for should be something you never share.
  • I was going to say, we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for the whole New Labour project. Thanks Tony.
  • I'd suggest a violent revolution but I could get put in prison for that.
    Unlikely wrote:
    You know, it's interesting that only a few people accuse me of trolling.  Very few, in fact.  People who, I guess, haven't appreciated someone disagreeing with them.  It's a little bit playground but I guess that's just how some people are.

I could have accused you of trolling before; it happens quite a lot. But I can't really be arsed when it doesn't concern me, and a lot of the time it doesn't. 

But anyway, your question directed at me wasn't for any conversational purpose, or to exchange views in a civil manner. You were searching for an opening to start acting like a twat and calling people morons again. I saw it coming, so hence the preventative 'fuck off'.
  • Do some research, there are others, not sure who i'd pick though, it's a pile of nonsense
  • beano wrote:

I don't really get that. I'm happy to tell people. I'm also happy for people to tell me who the better option is. I want to vote for the best person.
  • The country is in a mess because Blair decided to believe all that Cool Brittania bollocks and waste all our money on canapes for Noel Gallagher.

I'm sure that's what Boris said yesterday.
  • beano wrote:

I'm the opposite. If you've got beliefs and principals, stand by them. At least until the point where it becomes exhausting, as I suspect it might if I decided to broadcast mine.
  • 35% of England's population didn't turn out in the last general election. I don't think this is sheer laziness. I'd hope that it's apathy due to feelings of futility.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • So who exactly do we vote for?

The Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I didn't say don't stand by your beliefs. I am saying it no one's fucking business who anyone else votes for. No single party or individual is going to support all your beliefs. So association to a party, by revealing your vote is always open to misinterpretation.
  • Fair point. 

As for lazy, poor people sitting on their arses all day and not making a contribution, well, for a start I don't really believe that to be the case. But even if it was, I personally- and I expect controversially- I don't actually have a problem with welfare as a lifestyle choice (although it's not one I'd make myself). Perhaps without the assumption that everyone ought to be engaged in some form of mind-numbing drudgery for sake of propping up the shitty consumerist system- the likes of which many of us probably don't even want to be a part of- employers might actually be forced to create some meaningful opportunities, rather than simply the most profitable ones.
  • I'm not smart enough to get into proper political debates, but i can't see what the problem is with using the teaching fundamentals of the 90s today.
    Yes people may just be able to look up something on Google when they're out and about, but there's a difference between knowing how to look something up and actually knowing and understanding something.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!