The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • Nice, I love that there are so many options to get you through. Realised all my pairs are two dudes or chicks, need to mix them up.
  • i'm bringing in the flying squad :D

also, for those who haven't played previous games, how are your finding the dragon character(s) (i've only got one so far) like Nowi?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Cordelia has gone crazy since I got her, paired her up with beast-girl for maximum Darkstalkers tagteam action. Love the movement they've got, toying with using my third master seal on her (or Long Qu, or Chrom hmmmm)
  • Started my Hard/Classic run today. Took me several restarts on chapter 3 and 4 - already noticeably more challenging. Going to do the first sidestory before chapter 5.

mk64 wrote:
    i'm bringing in the flying squad :D also, for those who haven't played previous games, how are your finding the dragon character(s) (i've only got one so far) like Nowi?

I think with those characters (and also the taguel) they can (level progression spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Chrom or Lon Qu then, big decision to make at lunch.
  • To upgrade, partner or die?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • put sauce on either of them nick and they will taste great!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Haha mk

Vela, to upgrade. Both are their base classes so It's either GreatLord for Chrom or Swordmaster for Lon Q.
  • In my experience, flip a coin. Both are very useful.
  • Chrom's level 18, so I think I'll let him get to 20 and use it on Lon who's around 13. Although he might learn a good skill at 15. Toughie.
  • Ok, no, Lon Q won't learn anything else as a Mymidom. Gets Vantage at 10 and that's his lot. So he's gonna get an upgrade.

This is handy for class change planning:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/skills.html
  • Lethality is a very special skill.
  • Forging is a waste of money early on, right?
  • Bit of an unkonwn, on these boards I think anyway. But it would seem a solid strat to give a weak character a good weapon so that they land the killing blow on an enemy more easily. Bonus XP for the killing strike, likewise leader kills - so wear them down with other characters and try to let the noobs finish the job.
  • That's what I've been doing, also letting them collect the bonuses. The new characters just keep on coming though.....
  • So, I just spent a good 4 hours trying to beat chapter 5 on hard/classic.

This is a completely different game when it comes to hard versus normal modes. Frederick can not be solely relied upon to do the work, and so much of the mission hinges on making critical early moves correctly.

Lon'qu is a brilliant early character, and Kellam and Sully are more important on hard mode than what I found them to be on normal.
  • I think my Sully died early on hard mode despite keeping him alive as long as possible. His good range is helpful but early calvary seem a bit weak.. especially to magic.
  • Yup my sully died early.

Took virion to sniper last night, all going well for now (c .9).
  • ditto, i did that too.
  • WorKid wrote:
    That's what I've been doing, also letting them collect the bonuses. The new characters just keep on coming though.....

I'm guessing they have lots of new characters because if one dies they die, on classic. So you'd need to keep your rota up otherwise you'd have no-one left.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I use restarts otherwise it wouldn't be a very long game at all.

Up to chapter 7 on hard now, getting the hang of the rhythm all over again, trying to unlearn bad habits developed in normal/classic. It's all about finding a solid group of 4-6 units, sticking together and reaping the benefits of defence/pairing and rotating through with a healer at the back.

And starting over again when you inevitably fuck up.

Still, quite pleased I managed to do chapter 6 without any mulligans.
  • Awwwww, had my second marriage yesterday & a new pairing hits S rank.  In the next few hours of gaming I reckon there could be weddings bells again.  Working on 3 relationships & 2 friendships atm.  It's getting hard to pick who fights & who doesn't now.  Also got a new fav in "Have some death" Henry.

My Sully still lives & is quickly becoming stronger than one-man-army Frederick.  Still hate her voice though.

Chapter 17 is proving a little challenge, though I reckon it's more my tactics than the enemy strength.
  • Vela wrote:
    Lethality is a very special skill.

First time I saw it used, was a little "woah" moment.
  • cindemon wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    Lethality is a very special skill.
    First time I saw it used, was a little "woah" moment.

Its the reason I'm pairing Lon'qu with my female avatar this time through.

Imagine someone with galeforce + lethality. :o
  • Niiiiiiice!

I also have to come to the conculsion that if I am come across a chapter that is full of enemy Pegasus knights I could be fucked.  Better rectify that at some point.

Game is f'in sweet.
  • cindemon, really good point. This is what you should be thinking - ahead! 

Its interesting how the game throws magic at your about half way through and you're like.. fuck.. my swordspeople are in trouble. It wont suprise me if they do what you suggest. 

Must be honest, no boss has tested my fred yet.
  • Fred's slow pace of growth means he inevitably gets overtaken, forcing you to level him through alternate classes. Looking ahead, I think it's worth investing in Kellam/Stahl/Sully (and Donnel) to that end, and for the magic class, Miriel too.

Virion is also one of the most Magnificent™ characters too, deadly when master classed to sniper.
  • kellam is suseptible to magic though.
  • Aye, but he can strike from two paces.
  • only with javelin no?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!