The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • Side mission 10 - OUCH

oh well, the game was too easy for a bit. I'm not ready for this one yet.
  • Ouch is clearing the level of all enemies except the boss, keeping both allies alive, "TWICE" & then...
    Spoiler:
    Should progress with the main story, but this puppy & all its painful learnings is close to being nailed.
  • Heh :) so many times I had that on sacred stones.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Caught me out a few times tbh during my time with the game.  

Though on posting, I went back & shit is done.  No leveling up, no grind, just tactics, which I might add were spot on.....come the end ;)
  • I used to get caught out by one character being first in line and fending off ten units but the each one fully dying so they end up getting rinsed o fuck.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Lunatic is ridiculous and is no fun at all. The third mission is ridiculous.
  • i bet its solid, you'll be needing forge for that for sure. 

btw I emailed the guy who owns the walkthrough on gamefaqs about forging weapons and he basically said you dont need to use it but he might not be referring to lunatic.
  • Forge seems pointless, at least early on. If it repaired weapons it'd be useful.

At C10 now, seems like a little more variety. Hammers as a weapon. Tougher enemies. Still grindy. Still a decent way to spend a trip to the bog.

You know the bit before, that was a fake decision point, yeah?
    Cos I chose
    Spoiler:

• You don't even get access to shops and reknown until several missions in
  • WorKid wrote:
    Forge seems pointless, at least early on. If it repaired weapons it'd be useful. At C10 now, seems like a little more variety. Hammers as a weapon. Tougher enemies. Still grindy. Still a decent way to spend a trip to the bog. You know the bit before, that was a fake decision point, yeah? Cos I chose
    Spoiler:

Workid...
    Spoiler:
  • ON C19 now, main story is ticking along nicely.  S rank marriages etc can pretty much hold their own.  Some of these side missions are feckin hardcore though, def a step up from main story difficulty & my earlier fears have come to pass....
    Spoiler:
  • @cindemon lol
    Spoiler:
  • i've had to bow out of side chapter 16. Its too hard for me. So back to normal level 14 to rank up some more.
  • Ive hit a wall in hard classic. Chapter 15 or so and I dont have enough top tier characters, and for whatever reason all the risen have stopped appearing. Might well have to do the side stories now. I was saving them for later.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Longbows. C11. See. Better ranged units. At last. I suppose some artillery is too much to expect.
  • Mages are tops for ranged combat.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Don't spoil it for him :)
  • So far I see little point in second seals. Am I wrong?
  • Yes. I feel like you're whining in this thread a bit but secretly you so care and enjoy the game so I'll say a bit while inibreated.

Use them to get the progression cap lifted. Example a unit gets to top level in their advanced class and you don't want to change their class because you like it. So laterally move them to another class in their bracket, their stats will be largely preserved and they will learn the skills available exclusively to that class at key milestones. So you can have a ninja who has the double block Warrior skill (or whatever), while still being a muthafucking ninja.

• Ah. I see. L20 is the max, right?

I'm not whining, just confused.... I've got like 7 second seals but genuinely don't know what they are for. I turned a level 11 dude into a Level 1 something else.

When I'm using Master Seals there's no wrong choice, is there? I've been waiting to upgrade Chrom, should I do it now?
  • Ah no wait, I get it. The skills will be important. Time to experiment then.
  • How do people feel about posting pair ups?  Would love to know who some of you lot have paired up in friendship/relationships.  I have 4 married so far, with wedding bells soon to be head again.
  • How do you get marriages? My chrom and Sumia have been paired for ages now but no s rank.
  • Strange as you are not far behind me, maybe in front.  All I have done since chapter 7 or 8 is direct pairing, then after the battle I go straight to the support section, if there is a prompt, I move their story forward & then I do a quick check on the barracks check for any support growth, stat raises or items.

Has your Chromm....
    Spoiler:
  • So far I have the below married, the spoiler will include offspring.
    Spoiler:
  • No I don't think he has married anyone. Lots of fathers and mothers now though I've lost track :)
  • Also going for diversity when using the seals. I'm hoping one I everything will be handy for the end game.
  • C19 is toast.
    Spoiler:
  • Also, another marriage & S rank.
    Spoiler:
  • I have a fire emblem 3ds XL game offer sitting in my basket at 159.99.
    Do i press GO.??
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!