The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • @mk64

If you go onto the streetpass thingy with your last save &....
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • i fought him but didn't capture him. Just annialated him. 

i'll check the sp thing now but what do I click on then?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I think it's under wireless bud, at work so no 3DS on me to confirm.
  • Just got hold of this cos my 3DS was gathering dust. No stranger to the series having played the GBA version (was there a release on DS, I can't recall?).  Certainly seems very polished. Only about 5 battles in and already lost my archer & an axe guy.  Reloaded when bulky knight guy bit the dust. 

The only thing I'd like to see for Fire Emblem would be a proper loot system (something like Dragon Quest IX).  But I guessing the purists would baulk at such a thing.

Looking forward to losing many hours to this.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Bought this at launch, feel pretty sad I haven't done it justice by, like, playing it and stuff.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Would be willing to buy this of someone who wasn't giving it the love
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It's soo good
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Aye, one of my fave strategy games eva.  Not losing anyone on the final battle needed some some, love, dedication & mega planning, but was soooo worth it for the extra text.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I got this in that buy 3, download a 4th deal earlier this year. Played the demo a few times, but animal crossing and now Pokemon are taking up all my gaming time. Which is a shame of course, never played a fire emblem before, but that demo was awesome enough to convince me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    An amazing game, shame I've still not finished it, but I am ensuring the no death rule. Which means the last mission I've played about 10 times.
  • Seriously thinking of starting over again on Normal. Permadeaths and having to reset is sapping things a bit. A 'quit' button would make such a difference.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Left + Right shoulder buttons + Start
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Oh, thanks!
  • We've all been there.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Just bought this.

Seems really fun so far. Only done the first few tutorial style missions, but it looks gorgeous.
  • Actually have to pay attention in this, don't you? Jesus Christ.
  • Yus, game will punish lazy thinking.  What setting playing on Tigs?

Left + Right shoulder buttons + Start

The combo to a longer, healthier REAL life whilst playing FE.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No deaths guys :-)
  • Normal/Classic.

Fuck no deaths. First run through is real fiction, what happens happens, live and die and stories of heroism that will live in my mind for all time.

After starting again, of course. Didn't know quite how vicious this game was and lost 2 mages early doors while not reading certain mechanics.

From NOW, no resets.
  • This game oozes quality from every digital pore.
  • Stop making me want to play it. I have very little time to dedicate to gaming as it is!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Do it. Genuinely, hardly touched the game, but you can tell when a title is special.

This is special.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Stop making me want to play it. I have very little time to dedicate to gaming as it is!

So do I, but this is worth it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I need to jump back on it too. Think I'm at chapter 7 or so. Christmas has distracted me.
  • Ok.

I'm on (or just did?) Mission 8 and I've done 3 side quests so far, as well as a couple of Reeking Box rucks. Things are going pretty well - No resets and 2 deaths. I lost the big tank guy in his introductory mission after he got his skull caved in by a hammer wielding foe, and I stupidly let Mirian (?) get caught during a Reeking Box mission and she is now a pincushion. No resets whatsoever on this run - Let's just see what happens. Sumia nearly got taken out at one point, only to be saved by Frederick at the last second. Seriously, I could have cried.

Main stars of the show - excluding the Big Man Frederick - have been Sumia, Vaike, & Long'Qu. The former was something of a glass cannon, and she's still susceptible to battery, but she's been an absolute monster at times. As for the gruesome twosome of Vaike & Lon'Qu? Well, they're just animals when working together. Holding down entire sections on their own while the rest of my cohort cleans up the map. Glorious, gleeful fist pumps as they tear apart Risen... particularly given their propensity for critical strikes.

I've a few questions for those of you that have played this extensively...

1- How often do characters learn new skills? Lv10, yes, but is it at 5 level intervals after that? 10? When would be wise to consider changing character's classes? I've got an item to change class, but with a few guys at Lv14 I don't want to do it just before they learn a new skill.

2- How can I repair items? I don't want to lose Long'Qu's Killing Edge, so I've bought him a few new toys for now.

This game is a series of delights. It's the most enthralling game I've played since Dark Souls. Every character is an investment. Not in stat points or gold spent, but with a part of me. I've put effort into protecting and progressing each of my little digital knights and if I lose a favoured one, I'm going to throw my 3DS. 

GOTY.
  • Make sure you put your GOTY list in thread. At the moment you have just Bioshock which is increasingly looking like falling way down the list.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • @Tigs

1) Not sure what the learn rate per level was, been a while now, but 20 is the max, I would max before a class change myself.

2) Prety sure weapons cannot be repaired.  They can be made stronger with blacksmiths but that's it.  Save the decent stuff for bosses & awkward/tricky units.  Early game your character slots should not be that full so you should be able to carry average weapons along with your W.M.D so swapping pre attack should not be an issue.

One tip I would throw out to you is focus on getting those relationships to S rank asap.  Some deadly partnerships/marriages exist in the game.

I really should get back to my lunatic playthrough, one day....
  • Mission 9 oh mer gawd...

Lost Cordelia now, just as she was starting to shine. She put up a great fight, killed three charging enemies in a row, her health whittled to nothing, before the fourth came in to finish her off - She dodged and took him out! Then a fifth came in and killed her... *Sob*

All my main crew have survived so far. Dunno what I'll do if I lose someone important.

Fuck.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @cindemon weapons can repaired with the Hammeremere staff, but quite rare in the game and I think you have to repair them on the battlefield. 

I've been playing this incredibly stupidly though, as I assumed once you'd maxed, then master sealed, and maxed again you couldn't second seal and keep growing, so my main character, Boris (of course) was maxed for the last six or so battles. Doh!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!