The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • If you like Advance Wars, FF Tactics, Disgaea type games FE is up there with them.  Also if any of the current games tickle your fancy or ones that are about to land on the system(hello AC) I reckon you can't go wrong for a 160 bullies.

Best console out there atm imo.
  • Completed this last night - my personal favourite game since dark souls.

By the end I was in a wierd situation where I had 4 outstanding soldiers and everyone else was becoming a bit of a liability.  For the last couple of chapters I started accepting retirements as they came.  Im not proud if this, but babying my poorly levelled dregs was becoming harder and harder as the enemies got tougher/were more likely to throw reinforcements at me.  Luckily my core unit of 4 were up to it!

ive started again today and intend to have a look at the dlc and make use of the bonus box or whatever it is called.  additionally I'll be ensuring everyone possible is married off as soon as possible.  No retirements this time.

50 hours or so in, im still in love.

Hopefully nintendo publish a Fire Emblem that looks just like this game's cutscenes for the Wii U.  Instant purchase from me!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Ingame counter is 18 hours, my outgame counter is at 35. Chapter 16. I'm restarting mainly because i'm not prepared to lose anyone. I'm also trying to rank up the weaker characters even though i've a sneaky suspicion I dont really need to. 

Weirdest thing.. i've been using bonus box and been recruiting people lots.. so much so that they've basically capped me from recruiting anymore people. If I want to then I have to dismiss characters. That seems.. a bit weird.. seeing as its already let me have about 40.. 

And I've noticed i've got some marriages.. didn't even notice that part of the screen where it says you do. I've got kids too! Some of the relationship stuff is properly lol shit, not least the off the wall comedy. 

It really is a fucking good game. 

Just finished this level and it was gorgeous.. i mean wow. 
    Spoiler:
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I think it's time for me to get this. AC and FE birthday Go!
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • On the last chapter...I believe.

Question for the peeps that have completed the main game.  What carries over?  Do items/weapons/kids etc carry over into a new game or should I just bust the stat increase items out now?  Got a feeling I may of been hoarding shit a little to much.
  • Good question
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Does Chrom marry Sumia for everyone?
  • Nope. Sully in my current run.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Seems so random. I've never used Sumia, yet now Chrom can't rank up relationships with anyone else.
  • Sumia is the cannon wife, and after a certain chapter the game forces Chrom to be paired if he isnt already. I assume it is to the woman with the highest support rating.

You can still get him to rank up with other characters, just not marry them (he is Prince of a Halidom, not a Harem after all). Just make sure you place him adjacent to characters as often as possible when in battle and little red hearts will appear after each battle indicating an increase in support ranking.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Cheers. Yeah I'm up to c.17 on hard/classic, and have plenty of marriages. Where I went wrong is this: I was trying to get him to marry Rosie (? the shopkeeper anyway), as I thought that was kind of neat - Prince marries corner shop owner. He's not a judgemental guy so you know, it could happen. Anyway Rosie, and more recently Say'Ri are both unable to form marriages to anyone but Ken Masters (my guy). The hearts don't appear, much to my dismay having paired them up for ages without noticing: further inspection revealed that they don't have the charts in the 'Support' menu.

Are there lore implications in that decision? Kind of interesting, if annoying, if so.
  • Wait I think her name's Anna not Rosie.
  • Anna. She's my fave.

I'm enjoying this a lot more now. There's some variety in the maps - like the one where you are in the middle of 3 ships and need to decide how to split the party up.
  • gotta gripe though.. that boat level is a blatant rip from sacred stones.. 

33-00720009395.png
  • Cheers. Yeah I'm up to c.17 on hard/classic, and have plenty of marriages. Where I went wrong is this: I was trying to get him to marry Rosie (? the shopkeeper anyway), as I thought that was kind of neat - Prince marries corner shop owner. He's not a judgemental guy so you know, it could happen. Anyway Rosie, and more recently Say'Ri are both unable to form marriages to anyone but Ken Masters (my guy). The hearts don't appear, much to my dismay having paired them up for ages without noticing: further inspection revealed that they don't have the charts in the 'Support' menu. Are there lore implications in that decision? Kind of interesting, if annoying, if so.

If you check each individual character, under the support option, there will be a list of characters and a C/B/A/S rating, or C/B/A for those of the same sex. No gay marriage in Ylisse it seems, although my female main character seems to be quite enamoured with Say'ri.

But I digress.

Some characters can only form bonds with very small numbers of units. One in particular (you might not yet have met) can only form A ratings with 3 or 4 others.

Worth checking in any case when planning for second generation characters so you dont waste your time trying to build rapport where none can be.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    The lack of feet means they all look like they've got weird horse/goat legs.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • :)

i'm in a position of having to consider progressing on chap 18 without kjelle. Just too weak.
  • I have the perfect strategy for c.17. IT JUST WONT WORK

It will soon. But I got very unlucky a couple of times.
  • The DLC has been a little underwhelming so far. 

The 3 Heroes of Old maps (or whatever they're called... left 3DS at home today) are fine enough.

EXPenential growth and golden gaffe though, look to be a little game breaking with the sheer amount of EXP and Gold they throw at you... Haven't tried playing them twice but I assume you can?  Might be best ignored in subsequent play throughs regardless.

Haven't tried the other stuff yet.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • 18 is tough. i'm thinking to send chrom off by himself and to cower/camp the rest of them.
  • I'm at 19 now :-)

These side stories. I don't seem to have anywhere near a full collection. Numbers 7 and 17 have just popped up. That's not just me, right?
  • thats normal - well it is for me :D
  • mk64 wrote:
    18 is tough. i'm thinking to send chrom off by himself and to cower/camp the rest of them.

The game is actually easier if you use less units. Bit weird that. A solid strat for Insane mode seems to use Chrom and Ken Masters only (I assume you all made him Ken Masters too).
  • are you playing on insane now nick?
  • No, Hard still - I think any harder would push the limits of my enjoyment.
  • WorKid wrote:
    I'm at 19 now :-) These side stories. I don't seem to have anywhere near a full collection. Numbers 7 and 17 have just popped up. That's not just me, right?

I believe the side stories will mainly pop based on marriages/S ranks, as those levels/missions will more than likely contain the Shepherds children.

Work is done for the week, so back on with this & hopefully put it to bed this weekend.  Then a very relaxed/casual approach to playing lunatic awaits.
  • On lunatic, going for pairings straight away as I want as many different shepherds as poss as I wanna roll with a completely different team.  Also going for Donnel straight from the off & not letting his peasants ass get wasted.
  • Don didn't make it for me, love the idea of making him an absolute boss.
  • Not sure if its poss, but Don as a Great Lord would be sweeet!  Move over Chrom/Lucina, Ylisse has new blood running the show.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!