The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • My unlikely hero is Stahl. Never liked the dude to be honest - has the look of an airhead jock about him - but hard work and persistence have made him quite the Paladin. He's imposing, replete in his tidy green armour.
  • Is Stahl a child of the future or a Shepherd that is at the beginning?  I know I lost 2 at the start before my head got screwed on.

Ideal team for a Lunatic playthrough would be all the kids, though to trigger the majority of side missions & "catch them all" I may have to grind the fuck out of the early game, something I have not had to do atm or am fond of doing.  I started on relationships about C8 or 9, an earlier start is key, though I still reckon to grab them asap, major relationship grinding will have to happen if the youts are going to be running the show, so maybe time to invest in DLC & reeking boxes etc.

Game wise I am at C23.  Several goes & I can nail it with just one death.  Have a save file, with C24 ready to roll, though that death, even though did not hit me that hard(understand when you get there) still bugs me.  Got a few tactics left in the bank for that level, so I'll reckon it would be rude not to try at least keep the fecker alive before moving on.
  • Also, out of service, the man who did so much for me early game needs a bride.  Lunatic playthrough Frederick will be getting hitched.  My cupid skills were wasted on trying to get him & Say'ri hooked.  For my shame, over a fair few chapters, I didn't clock that was a lack of hearts between them & the blatant fact the support page shows that it is not possible.
  • C23 is done,  textbook.  Even kept alive my least favourite top tier shepherd this time.  I play too defensive for my own good sometimes.  I should have more faith in some of my pairings.  Watching one S rank, waste enemy after enemy as they cross the battlefield, is a thing of beauty.
  • cindemon wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    I'm at 19 now :-) These side stories. I don't seem to have anywhere near a full collection. Numbers 7 and 17 have just popped up. That's not just me, right?

I believe the side stories will mainly pop based on marriages/S ranks, as those levels/missions will more than likely contain the Shepherds children.

Work is done for the week, so back on with this & hopefully put it to bed this weekend.  Then a very relaxed/casual approach to playing lunatic awaits.

Yup. Finally my character got married to the lovely redheaded shopkeeper. Very clever how the kids look like the parents, and the dialogue all works. Very clever.
  • Sun is shining, I'm lead on a lounger, under the parasol, with a ice cold bottle of Jacques next to me & a little smoke inside me.  Kids are out with my parents & the better half is out shopping with the sister.  Emblem is being played & the sound is pumping through headphones.  On attempt 10, on what has to be the last level & I'm making small step progress with it. 

I feel like I'm in gaming nirvana.  Though starting to have a little nagging doubt I perhaps should of played the class system a little better during this campaign, in an effort to grap my crew some more HP.
  • Anyone tried Lunatic yet, I give up on mission 3
  • I will but i'll give it some time before i do. 

obv need to finish hard first :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • No, not yet, but cheers for giving me my first benchmark.

Without dipping my toe in yet, I can only assume it's a beast.  A beast that will force me to completely change my play style & understanding of the last 40 odd hours.  Dare say it, probably back to square 1, can't wait. Happy days....kinda.
  • What number is the last chapter?
  • Last chapter is proving to be bitch.  The more I play, the louder the nagging voice gets in my head, I may need to secondseal the shit out of my team just for the HP.  Every enemy has at least over 50% chance of landing a hit, with most averaging 70-80%.  I can get to the boss, losing shepherds, but then the boss is something else aswell...

Not hitting the seal route yet though, sure I can find the right path through with the S-rank massive.

Workid, I'll spoiler it as the game keeps on giving.
    Spoiler:
  • SHOULD I CLICK??? :D

I'm at 20 now. Going to lay off it for a bit now I think. Real life needs me this week.
  • I'm on chapter 21. Wow it's stepping up a gear. I've second sealed Fred and Lon qu off the back of the post above hoping they will be ready for the finale later.

Can't not pair up now as there is magic everywhere as a threat
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I'm really not getting this. Halp you guys.

Classic/Casual seems like a really arbitrary split to me, whereby if my units die forever, I'm likely to just restart as soon as one does. Casual lets me at least finish the battle sans the units I lost to mistakes knowing all will be forgiven at the end. That seems like enough of a punishment to me at this point.

What does a higher difficulty setting do? I'm thinking of restarting on Hard/Casual to make each battle more interesting but without the worry of having my units killed off for good. I'm hoping a higher difficulty setting means more indepth tactics and not just the units getting buffs, because to me, there seems to be absolutely no strategy in this, beyond "Can I attack this unit and take an acceptable amount of damage? Yes > Attack, No > Pull back and get Frederick in.

I dunno. I'm clearly not getting this at all. It's just making me pine for Advance Wars: Dual Strike, as I much prefered the unit purchase system to pervasive levels on unique units.
  • Go on hard and you'll be forced to think more, I reckons.
  • I'm kind of with you here Fenton. There is more variety later on but yeah, it's a grinder.
  • Thought if post my team of choice so far:

Up to chapter 19, had a fair few deaths.
    Spoiler:

Deaths (from what I can remember....)
    Spoiler:
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • I've been trying to level up the dancer girl, on the assumption that she must get good at some point. But she's still shit. She hasn't even learnt any skills.

Should I give up?
  • Yes. I would. In the past I've tried and failed in other games.

Pair her and switch when needed
  • She died in her very first battle with me. Poor lass.....
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • Just did 4 hours. Amazing game.
  • Hodgepodge wrote:
    She died in her very first battle with me. Poor lass.....

GREGOR SMASH
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Hard/Classic is done.  What a game & probably one of the best games I've ever played.  With the DLC, bonus teams to fight & a Lunatic playthrough,  still on the cards & a crazy, crazy amount of options/choices in regards to team building, can't see me putting this down for a very long time. 

Did need to spend some time with all my leads, getting them to slightly better place, but it really was right tools for the right job come the end.

Best handheld strategy I've ever played for sure, so much depth & polish.
  • WorKid wrote:
    I've been trying to level up the dancer girl, on the assumption that she must get good at some point. But she's still shit. She hasn't even learnt any skills. Should I give up?

Need to take her through second & then master seals, maxing her out before promoting, to get her on God levels.  She is meant to be pretty kick ass.  Thinking about it for my luni playthrough.
  • So I should stop her being a dancer you mean?

I've sacked her off anyway. Bitch can't even handle a sword.
  • Cind, interested in your take on the depth in the tactical choices you've made in the course of your game. I'm nearly there with hard classic and I bet we've gone about it differently so any light shredded would be interesting to read.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've stayed out of this thread for a while as I didn't want anything spoiled.

But I'm so glad I bought this as a digital copy, it will never leave my 3DS, it's that good!

I loe the way layers in the game keep opening up and you think it's getting easy then wham you hit a bitch of a level. As I'm playing normal classic (no one dies) its taking longer than I'm sure it would if I didnt care about a character and let them die.

Even better is I know I'm going to enjoy it even moe second time around on hard!

I'm also not necessarily pairing up couples not just on their combined effects, but also on the conversations in the game. For example, I got Sully and Virion hitched cos I liked the fact that he was desperately trying and she was treating him like an idiot, another great part of the game!
  • I'm very impressed with the way the conversations work.
  • Will write something up Specs when I'm sat infront of my PC & have window.  

Few days break from this, gotta fin Bioshock Infinite & squeeze in some online MH with a mate & of course AC & The Last of Us lands this Fri, but I still want to at least start my luni playthrough before Fri so the FE ball is still rolling.
  • Wow. Just finished it :)

Amazing game. Got slaughtered on the last level. Lost a lot of men. Lots of thoughts but I'm not even sure I want or need to say them.

[10]

Should say enough.

Lunatic will be insane at times. Might do an easy run to see all of the side quests as I only saw half in my hard/classic run.

Got lots to play though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!