The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • You'll need them.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • omg.. fucking beat everyone including the boss and then virion got taken out by two mages. Fuming.. restart..
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • By grinding the relationships do you mean using DLC to boost them up a bit?

I meant more along the lines of picking a pairing & sticking with it, for example the dirty dog Virion & Cordelia.  Then I directly pair them, so every time they fight & kill, no matter which one does the killing their relationship grows & you get hearts.  Then I check the Support menu & barracks to see if there any prompts etc, then rinse & repeat for the next battle.  You don't have to direct pair as Vela mentioned, but it's how I roll.  You can also use the DLC if you want, though the free map I got is a little easy, I don't even use reeking boxes, just the enemies that show up on the map.

My S rank on one of my pairings is pretty much a guaranteed 4 hits or blocks,  certain pairings I can just send off now & watch the enemy just bounce of them as long as they are not weak to the enemy type, even then though, you can switch.
  • Nothing since Dark Souls has given me the highs and lows of this game.

Feel like it's perfectly balanced on Hard/Classic without using DLC. Having to really consider every purchase and upgrade decision, as it should be. Also tube rides aren't long enough because of this.
  • Another tip I'll throw out there is get on the Master Seals asap.  Turned my Shepards into a deadly killing unit.
  • Only been blessed with two so far, Vaike is such a boss now.

With my main unit, I took him to Grandmaster, got to level 5 to learn a new skill, then took him to Dark Mage.

He took a stat hit, but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the long run.
  • Donnel is a character well worth upgrading too.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Nothing since Dark Souls has given me the highs and lows of this game. Feel like it's perfectly balanced on Hard/Classic without using DLC.

I'm loving it, killed my MH love for the mo & maybe longer.  Only went on to finish a chapter last night, ending up doing 3 and a few enemy battles just for some of my weaker relationships.  Twas 4 in the morn when I finished & I didn't even clock the time.  Headphones on & I was gone.  Feeling it/paying for it now.
  • Lol, Donnell, that's one of my early shepards that bit the dust.  Lost 2 early on(did not fully understand classic mode) & if I'm honest, part of me wants to restart just so I have a full unit of Shepards, but more to see how they & potentially their poss relationships would grow.  Game has turned me into a Cupid of sorts.

Also love the fact we ALL probably have different A-teams.  My Vaike, sweeps the stables out, used him once in feck knows how many hours.   Already starting to think about a new team & pairings for a second playthrough just to see how my lower leaguers would roll.
  • By the end, Donnel was my most powerful character!

I think I spent 75 hours on Normal Classic, and four days later I'm getting withdrawals. Going to start a Hard/Classic run tomorrow I reckon.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    By the end, Donnel was my most powerful character!

...& there ya go.  One man's chalk is another man's cheese.

I would also warn about swapping classes toooo early.  Some of the better weapons/spells require a certain class rank to use.  Just something to keep in mind.  I also find silver weapons with a hint of forging are pretty boss & hold their own against the likes of killing edges etc.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    The demo has me hooked. Will definitely pick this up when I get to Liverpool. Never thought I'd get into a turn based game as I've never got into them but this has really drawn me in.
  • cindemon, does the forging last till that weapon runs out or stay forged when they buy another of the same weapon?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yay Woodi. It's the best thing I've played on DS I reckons.
  • Once it's gone its gone MK, does not carry over, but 30 uses lasts a lot longer than you would think.
  • right.. I wonder if they are necessary. I might forge weapons for shit characters to re-balance them.
  • That crossed my mind reading cind's post. Give a shit character a good weapon and they're going to reap more XP.
  • grrr, dancer death in the bogs at work!
  • Bloody complex this. I don't understand the pair up thing really. I guess partnerships become super important eventually?

Any noob tips welcomed.
  • To build relationships quickly for my gal (or any character), I'd use a reeking box on a map that's relatively trouble free, and surround her with 4 compatible characters (a "+" shape), and then just let the surrounding characters take down all enemies that come by.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • That's using a gri(n)d to build bonds, gotcha.
  • Yup.

Ultimately when your main characters are mega then pair up and use that to your advantage.
  • I might do it once, only once if the game is too tough, because the effort they've gone to making you care about these pretend soldiers and their relationships with each other is just incredible. And all the more memorable if won on the battlefield in unique situations. Don't get that in Gears.
  • It's an intrinsic part of the game. Necessary.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Couldn't find anywhere that sold this in Liverpool so I ordered it from Amazomg and it'll be on the doormat when I get home.
  • mk64 wrote:
    It's an intrinsic part of the game. Necessary.

Pairing up for spirit yes, doing it in a cross motion in friendly marshland I'm not convinced.

• Im on my second play-through of hard/classic now after losing 5 characters in the last battle decided tostart again and keep as many alive as possible.
    Spoiler:
  • Dogfingers is reinforcing what someone else said earlier. Which is although we are all playing the same game, no one has the same character Roster so the game must be playing very differently. Thats kinda amazing!
  • mk64 wrote:
    It's an intrinsic part of the game. Necessary.
    Pairing up for spirit yes, doing it in a cross motion in friendly marshland I'm not convinced.

To be honest, my A team already bonds through the story maps, so I only did it [grinding] with character with weak ties or in order for the lesser-used characters to spawn badass kids.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!