The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • Ahh, you must be one of those series veterans who knows what they're doing!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I've only played sacred stones which according to someone before me isn't a good game compared to others. I played it about 6 months ago an put 95 hours into it. I've just started it again before I get awakening on Wednesday. I got to chapter 20 on hard but it was impossible to win with my team so I'm trying again. On c5.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • It's nearly impossible to level up my l1 stragglers at this stage. Restart might be in order here too.
  • I don't know how this game differs from the previous ones, but in those there's never been a need to level up all the characters. They're more built around selecting a good group from among the recruits and concentrating on making them as strong as possible, while leaving the rest to sit it out. If you try and level up everyone then nobody becomes really strong. On second and third playthroughs you then choose different characters and experience them all that way. Obviously, if you're willing to put in hours of grinding then it's doable, but I'm not sure there's any real reward for it.
  • And I don't think you can grind in this version?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    And I don't think you can grind in this version?

I've been trying to level em all up, but you can grind with reeking boxes. May change strategy, but then again I'm enjoying it
  • Regarding grinding, I've set a threshold of level 10 I want to attain. Ive managed to drag up my weak mages to Lv11, as well as a few others. I think now in total I only have about 5 characters still on single digits, although now Sumia is a permanent pair up with Cromm and only Lv4. But she is useful.

I don't think it's worth a restart. I just make sure to do all the risen levels between chapters, and make sure to substitute in at least half of my side for the weaker ones so that they can get enough finishing blows.

And as far as general progress goes ... Chapter 13 done.

Wow, this game keeps getting better and better. Phenomenal quality all round.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Need to start playing less Picross and more of this.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Played the demo lastnight and was a fun way to kill 30 mins, might pick this up soon.
  • Grinding - I wouldn't waste your money on the boxes, go to wireless and recruit a team from the bonus box, there's plenty of teams with at different levels to suit your needs and you can do it repeatedly. I managed to master seal Donnel by fighting Mathew and Florina's team over and over again.

@MK I really enjoyed Sacred Stones, not as good as the previous GBA one, but better than the home console ones (which were pretty rubbish) and the DS one. Out of all those I've played this is the best though.

Honestly this game is so deep,
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Knowing this now and how effective second sealing is I'd probably do the first half of the game differently, I'd of done Fredrick at level 10 for instance and maybe took Chrom and the tactician up a different route to begin with.
  • Spent about 4 hours on this today - well and truly addicted now.

Managed to get all my troops at Lv10 minimum, and once you get to that point they are all pretty much useful depending on the map. Sometimes you just need to pair them with either a tank or an equal, so they are guaranteed more Exp on their support attacks, finishing off the last sliver of health after a strong unit does 90% of the job.

I just finished one map which has multiple fronts to fight on, and started being outnumbered about 3 and a half to 1. Careful placement (and multiple retries) wound up with the ledgers even after only just one enemy turn. They were like lemmings.
  • Been doing the same mission (side mission 2), happily, for hours now. Just got to perfect it so everyone survives.
  • JonB wrote:
    I don't know how this game differs from the previous ones, but in those there's never been a need to level up all the characters. They're more built around selecting a good group from among the recruits and concentrating on making them as strong as possible, while leaving the rest to sit it out. If you try and level up everyone then nobody becomes really strong. On second and third playthroughs you then choose different characters and experience them all that way. Obviously, if you're willing to put in hours of grinding then it's doable, but I'm not sure there's any real reward for it.

I've come to this realisation. Just gonna work on the A team from here on in, too annoying losing a lvl 2 unit in the last enemy move of a half hour mission.
  • Now this game is invading my sleep. Only got five hours last night thanks to my brain running through unit positioning.
  • After two days working it all out, side mission 2 hard mode classic is beat with no deaths. Side mission for goodness sake, and only the second one.
  • Ouch. I'm going to try a hard mode run after finishing the story. I expect humiliation.

I think the tip I've found is to be like Johnny Cage in the mortal Kombat movie. In and out. And if all else fails, retreat to a group stronghold.
  • absolutely. I was thinking today on the metro how this game is so much like chess. Compared to AW where its a case of build and invade. This is very much forwards back. Forwards back.
  • Yep. Often in AWDS I would cram a choke point with expendable but time consuming to kill grunts to sacrifice. Three or four days of hanging on for grim death later, I would finally have enough cash for a mega tank, then romp home.

Unfortunately in fire emblem, you cant make more Fredericks.
  • :D I dont know who frederick is but I imagine he's like Seth :)
  • He is an invincible mounted BOSS.

I can send him solo into enemy lines across the entire map and he'll come back with all his health, having annihilated everyone.
  • there is some streetpass stuff for this right? Nick, we're definitely meeting up so i can get some stuff off you :D
  • Heh yeah man. I tried the 'Wireless' mode, good grief there's a lot of stuff in there. Like free items, perfect battles for grinding. This game is a chocolate box of delights, and I'm rummaging through it good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tis an amazing game that due o a heavy work deadline I've had to not touch for a few days :-(

Now back on it just got another Master Seal, but who to use it on? 

Choices, choices!!
  • Can someone explain to me how the street pass thingy for FE works please?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Apologies if this has already been discussed, or is blatantly obvious to anybody with an IQ higher than a plant pot, but I haven't been reading this thread as I've been discovering the joys of Fire Emblem without reading much about it.

Panne's Beaststone has 'broken', and I can't work out how to replace/repair it. I'd be most grateful if somebody could help me, please.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Can you buy them at some of the shops? I think you can also pick some up in various maps but I dont know exactly where, to be honest.

edit: Gamefaqs tells me you can buy one at the store at a level called sea port.

In tonights progress, I figured out the benefit of getting S rank relationships with character pairs.
  • Other FEs had a staff called Hammerne for repairing - that is, returning weapons to their full number of uses, but before they're actually broken. Quite rare though, and best saved for really good stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Apologies if this has already been discussed, or is blatantly obvious to anybody with an IQ higher than a plant pot, but I haven't been reading this thread as I've been discovering the joys of Fire Emblem without reading much about it. Panne's Beaststone has 'broken', and I can't work out how to replace/repair it. I'd be most grateful if somebody could help me, please.

Had exactly the same happen to Nowi then I got the Hammermere staff afterwards!! Bugger. Also think the staff is a one use job
  • Taking another week of MH so went back on this today.  Had about 7 goes at side mission 2.  Twice, I kept everyone & the ally alive just to feck my placement up the boss of the level once, wasn't thinking & I lost Chrommy & for said boss to score a bloody crit on Lon'qu when the placement was spot on during the second.  Fuck am I losing him, guy is a badass!
  • I checked my game clock today, seems to have hit 24 hours on my save file.

Activity log on the 3DS says 32 hours, giving me 8 hours of lost progress via restarts when someone dies. Most of those are a few missions that give me grief very early on, but a few of those hours would be down to lost progress last night midway through mission 19.

And I dont regret a second of it.

I feel like Im barely scratching the surface of this game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!