adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Had an enjoyable but unproductive morning with this this morning. Did the first sidequest and struggled to get the guy to level up without dying. Finally, finally, managed it, only for Chrom to get totally fucking murdered by the bandit chief.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Probably my lack of experience tbf JonB and while tutorial is ok, the manual is lacking in detail. For example, I had to figure out the weapon compatibility stuff myself, but again that's more my lack of knowledge with this type of game as I'm guessing people would understand the grading system. I'd left Vaike out on his own and he got mugged, so part bad luck, part bad positioning
    There's usually quite a lot of stuff in the tutorials, so maybe this one assumes a bit more than before. The critical/luck thing is something I only noticed after many hours.

I'd like to play this now. Perhaps I'll have to get a 3DS at some point after all.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Similar happened to me yesterday, got the kid levelled up, then paired him to keep him safe and then I think it was Sumia, the flying knight, got mugged by a critical off the archer next to the bandit chief... Talk about shit luck!!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Perhaps the luck/critical thing is still to come as I've just had tutorial 24. Reinforcements, still think they should put it all in the manual
  • Loving this!

Started again on hard/classic & it becomes a different beast.  Lost 2 so far, side quest done & chapter 5 is causing me to smile through my frustration.  Quality!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm on chapter 10 at the minute. Doing every single fight that comes my way. Have to make space in my team for GREGOR!!!

Anyone use Donnel?
  • 3ds codes peeps
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ? Don't you have mine? Saw you playing Mario Kart yesterday.
  • i do, I was referring to boris :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • my codes 4038-6383-6798
  • speaking of online stuff I keep getting Belgian people on my map, how does it work? Can you get people on your friends list on?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    i do, I was referring to boris :)

Codes in the sig mate. Think it's also in the main 3DS thread :-)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just added Dogfingers to my list, you've already got me added too mk64

Right lets have a crack at Victor again, he was down to 3hp and dodged and killed Vaike
  • I've fucked up the fight in chapter 3 a few times, and it's annoying me. The lady on the Pegasus kept getting killed, then someone else died! I'm starting to regret putting it on 'Classic'.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Going to trade some old stuff for the sexy piece of ass this week.
  • what stuff nick?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I've fucked up the fight in chapter 3 a few times, and it's annoying me. The lady on the Pegasus kept getting killed, then someone else died! I'm starting to regret putting it on 'Classic'.

Stick at it Matty, it helps you to get better :-)

The Pegasus lady is best paired up or next to someone tbf. I've started to pair her up with Chrom.

Also took me a while to figure out the balance of weapons, pairing up etc, which makes a big difference.

Having said that I am doing most battles at least twice.
  • Does anyone know if it's worth changing Panne's class? I thought she'd max out at lvl 20, but she's still going...
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • b0r1s wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    I've fucked up the fight in chapter 3 a few times, and it's annoying me. The lady on the Pegasus kept getting killed, then someone else died! I'm starting to regret putting it on 'Classic'.

Stick at it Matty, it helps you to get better :-)

The Pegasus lady is best paired up or next to someone tbf. I've started to pair her up with Chrom.

Also took me a while to figure out the balance of weapons, pairing up etc, which makes a big difference.

Having said that I am doing most battles at least twice.

I am enjoying it, just geting used to it like you said. I'll try pairing her up this evening and see where that gets me.

In general, how much should I be pairing? And are there combinations to go for and avoid?
  • mk64 wrote:
    what stuff nick?

Well first on the list would be Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, since I have ultimate on DS and probably won't go back. Also FF theatre rhythm, not sure what else yet.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I've paired the female mage with my character to boost his magic

I've paired the archer with Sully, more for the conversations post battle :-)

I've paired the flying lady with Chrom, to make her last longer.

I think supporting and pairing is pretty vital to get through, but guessing the specifics of it will depend on your style of play. Before you pair just see what boosts the paring provides and how it will help the main character you are pairing to.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I've paired the female mage with my character to boost his magic

I've paired the archer with Sully, more for the conversations post battle :-)

I've paired the flying lady with Chrom, to make her last longer.

I think supporting and pairing is pretty vital to get through, but guessing the specifics of it will depend on your style of play. Before you pair just see what boosts the paring provides and how it will help the main character you are pairing to.

Yeah I was pairing up but then wondered if I was missing something but it doesn't look like it. I will do it tonight!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well you can lose out on the supporting character not getting as much XP as they only gain experience if they strike when the main character strikes.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sumia died but I'm starting to tire of losing progress because one random character dies so I think this time I'm... I'm going to soldier on.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    How... How could you... Not Sumia...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yup, finished the battle, saved, she's gone.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Monster.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Evil... Tbf she is a bit whimpering :-)

• Tell you what, I've never known a fire emblem game go so tight with the archers, I haven't had one since chapter 6.
  • do you get to choose a path like in Sacred Stones? 

spoiler the answer pls :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!