The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • An hour to myself & chapter 5 is dusted with no losses, I may of even done a fist pump.  Nearly lost Sumia, a deft little dodge was all that stopped her meeting her maker.

Enjoying the break from Monster Hunter, though I can still hear it calling to me, but I am really enjoying playing my 3DS without a CPP slapped on it.  Such a slim, sexy beast without it.

Let's be honest guys & gals, the 3DS is turning in to a great handheld.  Without a doubt my fav console atm.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Everything you've said is what I'm doing. On a break from MH but hear it in the distance. Loving it without the CPP and hell yeah it best console
  • After playing and loving the demo, I will be trading some old PS3 stuff in for this at the weekend. I have the following Thur,Fri, Sat and Sun to myself as my wife is going on a girls weekend to Edinburgh. I intend to finish Bioshock and then immerse myself in Fire Emblem.
  • Started on hard. That may have been foolish.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nah son, us pros do it hard.
  • I've died enough times on normal.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Reset and try again.

Just like real life when you die.
  • Started on hard. That may have been foolish.

I started on easy as I Was FE rookie.  I was pissing through it.  Started again on hard & classic & now I have head scratching & feel like I'm getting my dolla's worth.  I one shoted chapter 5 on easy, on hard/classic it took a fair few soft resets before I emerged with no losses.  Lost 2 already, as I don't know what's around the corner I aim to lose no more troops.

Are you "pros" grinding your sqauddies?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Reset and try again.

Just like real life when you die.

Oh yeah, have done that a few times. Still think its awesome though!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Started on hard. That may have been foolish.

I started on easy as I Was FE rookie.  I was pissing through it.  Started again on hard & classic & now I have head scratching & feel like I'm getting my dolla's worth.  I one shoted chapter 5 on easy, on hard/classic it took a fair few soft resets before I emerged with no losses.  Lost 2 already, as I don't know what's around the corner I aim to lose no more troops.

Are you "pros" grinding your sqauddies?

Yeah. Even buying the smelly stuff to make risen appear in the map.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think I've foolishly concentrated on a few favourite characters and its now coming back to bite me in the ass now that I'm in tougher fights, it's really tricky keeping the weaker ones safe!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    cindemon wrote:
    Started on hard. That may have been foolish.
    I started on easy as I Was FE rookie.  I was pissing through it.  Started again on hard & classic & now I have head scratching & feel like I'm getting my dolla's worth.  I one shoted chapter 5 on easy, on hard/classic it took a fair few soft resets before I emerged with no losses.  Lost 2 already, as I don't know what's around the corner I aim to lose no more troops. Are you "pros" grinding your sqauddies?
    Yeah. Even buying the smelly stuff to make risen appear in the map.

Bah, more grind.  I shall also look into this "smelly stuff"(cheers for tip) & other stuff as truth be told, I know little except from what I learned from a rather shonky how-to-play IGN vid.
  • 17 missions in and Fredrick dies...I'd be sad about this except that he has been surpassed by many others
  • Here's my MVP's:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Lost the tomboy, wasn't a fan anyway. Need to stop leaning on Fred so much as I go in to chapter 5.
  • Three hours in and this game finally "clicked" for me - brilliant.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • un-equip his weapon, let him take minor damage while the others pezzle enemies and get the XP
  • Have done so now his lance broke. This is absolutely nails. And fun. Got three hours on the clock but it's more like 6 wih the soft restarting (L+R+start).
  • Mission 5 is kicking my ass, but I don't want to restart on easy.
  • Three hours in and this game finally "clicked" for me - brilliant.

when it clicks its amazballs :)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yeah, this is incredible.

I say this as someone who loved Advance Wars DS, and Valkyria Chronicles (but they were my first tastes of the genre) ... this is one of the best games I've played. (Oh, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is tops too).

I know I'm not that good at it, I'm just playing it on classic-normal mode, but I'm doing the soft reset trick on this playthrough so I don't lose anyone. I know it's not entirely kosher, but its a learning experience for me.

Last night I finally clicked about the lancers having a range of 2 (facepalm here) but I must admit I'm struggling to get the newcomers levelled, even with all the risen level grinding. Sumia, Donnel,  basically the second wave of characters you start getting after mission 2.

My timer is at about 9 hours now, would be closer to 15 including resets, and I really feel like a lot of stuff is going over my head so far as skills/equips/job changing and support stats, but it works.

For now my main strategy is to send one of the three main characters off solo to thin the herds, then I pick the last one or two HP off with the weaker ones.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Thanks for the soft reset tip fullspectrum

I'm up to chapter 9, but have now gone back, bought loads of reeking boxes and I'm levelling up those characters I didn't bother withe early on.

Little tip, when using the reeking box, call the Risen on the earlier stages and they will be lower level meaning your lower level characters have more of a fighting chance, have levelled up some characters from as low as level 2 up to 6 this way
  • When do I earn more cash? Think I'm on chapter 5 and still only have my starting 5000.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    When do I earn more cash? Think I'm on chapter 5 and still only have my starting 5000.

During battles (typically with Risen) they will drop bullion (worth either 1000 or 5000g) you can sell that at the shops.

Also sell any unused lower (E) weapons to get

Suggest buying a few reeking boxes (500g) and for each battle you typically get 2 bullion so make about 1500g per battle.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Have done so now his lance broke. This is absolutely nails. And fun. Got three hours on the clock but it's more like 6 wih the soft restarting (L+R+start).

Remember you can see the overall time in the 3DS's activity log app.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just completed Chapter 9... Omg!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Speck you still on hard like a pro?

I'm on chapter 18. NO ONE DIED yet.

Long is by far the MVP. He's up to advanced class level 12 and he is just FUCKN FOOLS UP
  • Vela wrote:
    Yeah, this is incredible. I say this as someone who loved Advance Wars DS, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Love those series & loving this.  The more I learn the more sweeter this game becomes.  I thought it was great to start with, now as I peel back its layers it's becoming a work of genius.  Throw in the music & presentation & it's one smoking game. 

FE has a new fan & once Awakening is done, gonna grab another from the series, any shout outs?
  • How you doing that reg :( stupid mission 5 spawns those two new recruits on the right side of the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!