The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • So I just discovered bonus box is a thing. An extra twenty missions to complete, it would seem.

Is this game endless?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    So I just discovered bonus box is a thing. An extra twenty missions to complete, it would seem. Is this game endless?

Dunno, but its damned good :-)
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This game sounds sick...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • My copy of this came yesterday. I might venture on here in the not too distant future for advice, having never played the series before.....
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • If you have ever played Ghost Recon Shadow Wars/Advance Wars or Valkyria Chronicles, don't worry about what the right thing to do is. It teaches you how to play really well, and 40 hours later you will wonder how you ever missed this series before.

Like me.

I think I'm on like 45 hours now. :o
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Vela wrote:
    If you have ever played Ghost Recon Shadow Wars/Advance Wars or Valkyria Chronicles, don't worry about what the right thing to do is. It teaches you how to play really well, and 40 hours later you will wonder how you ever missed this series before. Like me. I think I'm on like 45 hours now. :o
    Yip - these types of games are perfect for handhelds imo
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Am I the only one disappointed that you don't control units with the stylus like later Advance Wars? I guess it's the only way for the 3d effect to be on, but still....

Completed the first 2 missions and loving it though.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I've always preferred buttons.

Stopped playing this after a few days, must get back to it.
  • Side mission 2 was put to bed early this morn after a few sporadic goes during the week.  Imagine my horror that the ally I have been working so hard to keep alive on the hopes that she would join up, did not.  No idea why I thought she would, just had a feeling.  I would of nailed that level hours ago if I had known different.  No deaths, but Lon'qu's sword bit the dust.   He is atm, half a bad ass till I get him a new toy.

Just glad to be back on the story shiz for now.
  • His sword died on that mission for me too : ) think on a next run I'd give him a regular iron blade early and bust out the Killing Edge later.
  • Yeah, on it breaking I thought I would do a little more research into repairs etc, seems the golden rule is, if you got a fav decent weapon, save the mofo till you really need that crit bonus for some hardcore enemies.  One man army Freds killer lance has been put into storage.  Oh well, live & learn.
  • Killing edge is back? What about te rapier?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Just a quick question, is there a finite number of units you are given? Is it possible to be painted into a corner once most of your units are killed? Only asking because I've already lost a member!
  • Just found out: if you've maxed out, Second Seal is your friend.
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • Fuck chapter 7 & it's...
    Spoiler:
  • He gives orders. I stab them.

Wow. Not sure how that got past Nintendo censorship!!

What's all this forge stuff? I've started forging but I don't know quite what I'm doing!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Chapter 11 is gonna be a real challenge.  Only had 4 goes at it, but cant decide if offence or defence is the best way to go.  I have survived longer going defence & soaking it up, but once the enemy mages get into position it(well rather my decision making) goes to shit, It is a full on onslaught by the enemy, there is f'in tons.

Forging from what little I know allows your weapons to have a higher chance of a crit.  Not really used it to be honest, though I am sure I will at some point.

Lon'qu now has a new killing Edge, but is second place in the badass stakes.  Panne now sits on the badass throne.  Love her soundbites.

After searching the local indies with no luck(didn't think I would get one, but you never know) I now have the OG GBA game on my phone.  Not as sexy as if it was being played on my micro, but beggers cant be...
  • Chapter 5 is a bit of a bitch. 30 restarts so far but might have to accept my first character loss.

I'm starting on hard/classic.
  • Hard/classic is the way.

Well chapter 11 dusted but with 2 deaths, so its back to the drawing board.  Did not restart as I wanted a reccy on how the rest of the map played out.  One death I would of probably took(bringing my total to 3 for the campaign, those 2 at the very beginning would of been spared if I had my game head on), as its full on war that level, but the second death was lil' Ricky, not losing my strongest mage.

With 10 chapters done & 4 side missions the game clock is just shy of 5 hours.  Checking the activity log & it reads just approaching 30 hours, that is a chunk of restarts.
  • So, remember ghost recon shadow wars has a character that gets to make a second move and attack if their first is a kill?

One of my FE characters now has a similar one. Game clock is 45 hours. I am scared to check activity log. Close to 60 I bet.

This is a landmark game in terms of my personal history with the medium.
  • 62 hours, and about to start what I assume is the final mission unless there's more exposition to be had.
  • Hard/Classic?

I must say I am finding it very tough going. I have to pair everyone up for the weaker ones to have the slimmest chance of survival.
  • I am also finding it tough specs.  I played upto chapter 6 on normal & I was cruising it, no challenge. Def getting my dolla worth now.

About to try chapter 11 again, though if I am honest, the lessons learned from my reccy/suicide run are telling I may need to grind up a little more as the main enemy on that level stinks of being a terminator.

Love everything about this game except, when an enemy scores a crit against YOU!  That's a hard thing to take.
  • I'll crack it : ) Using some Bonus Box missions to meagrely level, the technique of taking one rookie to ease in just wasn't working for me though, so it's all about building the A team into a robust unit from here on in.
  • Fuck it.  Two more attempts ending in failure.  Grind it is.
  • Hard/Classic?

I must say I am finding it very tough going. I have to pair everyone up for the weaker ones to have the slimmest chance of survival.

Normal classic. It's my first game in the series.

Last night I ended up using the same tactics as seen in the film Zulu.

• I'm on the verge of posting early findings
  • Forgot to pack my 3DS this morning.  Lunchtime has hasn't been the same today.

Think I'm up to chapter 12 or 13.  Will find out soon if I've erred in having Chrom, Frederick and the Player Character hog all the EXP.  So far so good, though, those 3 have torn through the last few missions with barely a scratch while the other 2 thirds of my team have spudded it up safe out of harm's way.

Next play though, I intend to plot out who will be paired up with whom beforehand to achieve as many S pairings as possible.

Minor non plot related spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • ok, 

HOLY FUCK!!! This could be one of the best games i've ever played. Not only is it brutal but its also massive. There seems to be so much depth. The game is so different to SS (Sacred Stones), in SS you could send Seth out on his lonesome I suppose a bit like F*******. But in that game he could win a whole battle by himself. The main units have been nerfed in this.

The whole talk/bonding thing is actually working now too. It was in SS but was kinda difficult to track or understand. Now its alot more overt and I think thats a good thing. It really means that you have to plan not just a couple of units but constantly move EVERYONE in a battle formation which maximises multiple attacks. 

To be honest i've not paired up much unless in desperation. I've not really seen a value to it yet unlike in the previous game. In the previous game the picked up character became practically invincible but the holder was more under threat as they were slower and took bigger damage. Looks similar in Awakening. 

Then there's the forge stuff, only realised you can start boosting each line up. Not sure how that works though if that weapon runs out? Does it carry to next time they pick up (for instance) a iron lance or something? Seems an expensive levelling system if it doesn't carry to the next time the character gets the same weapon. Might come in handy when you have a level A or S rank weapon and are taking on the final bosses. 

Downloaded the map packs but haven't played them yet. Got my first streetpass with content so got some freebies which was fucking dope. 

Put together a team for future SP's now. Not sure how that mechanism works though. 

Then I downloaded some random battles? Where some of the units i'm fighting are going to be rock fucking solid!! Can't even beat the first/weakest group yet. I'm surrounded at the start and haven't really got a plan. 

I wonder if ..(warning big potential spoiler)
    Spoiler:
  • mk64 wrote:
    ok,  HOLY FUCK!!! This could be one of the best games i've ever played.

Lol, gotta agree.

The Gameplay is the sex.
    The Graphics are the sex.
    The music is the sex.
    The FMV is the sex.

In short, this game is the sex!*

*I may, in hindsight, might not be getting enough sex.

Edit:  Chapter 11 is not the sex.....atm.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!