• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    SuperSF2 on MD had less colours and awful sound BUT Ryu featured more animation frames in the intro than the snes. There was also some kind of extra option in time trial or something. Supernes SSF2 AV presesentation was crisp and vibrant, not quite cps2 standards but tolerable. As for the pads ahem...... it's what your accustomed to. Also snes SMASHTV. Awesome.

You had to become accustomed to a new button layout to the arcade. MD players didn't.

And STV was on both consoles.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Mega Man, no. Contra, I'm not sure but the name rings a bell, so perhaps. Breath of Fire I've never heard of, so probably not.

You've never heard of breath of fire? Jesus.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    hunk wrote:
    SuperSF2 on MD had less colours and awful sound BUT Ryu featured more animation frames in the intro than the snes. There was also some kind of extra option in time trial or something. Supernes SSF2 AV presesentation was crisp and vibrant, not quite cps2 standards but tolerable. As for the pads ahem...... it's what your accustomed to. Also snes SMASHTV. Awesome.
    You had to become accustomed to a new button layout to the arcade. MD players didn't. And STV was on both consoles.

Indeed, but with SSTV MD owners lost the dual stick/pad layout of the original.
    MD loses!  ;-)
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Did the MD get the Mega Man series, Breath of Fire games, Contra 3? They were good.

I'm fairly sure there is a Mega Man game on Mega Drive, but it's rarer than rocking horse shit.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My first ever experience of sf was on SNES. Feels so right having hard kick and punch on shoulders
  • One game has a better/specific controller... While the SNES has the better standard controller that you use for all games... And the MD wins?

I don't get it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Mega Man, no. Contra, I'm not sure but the name rings a bell, so perhaps. Breath of Fire I've never heard of, so probably not.
    I can't help with the RPG thing. I've never been a fan.

And as for the controller thing, I'm just talking about MD winning by having the better version of SSFII due to the controller. Although, that six button controller was excellent, and I can't imagine preferring the SNES controller. And as for my Arcade Stick...
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    No one else remember Turtles Tournament Fighters? It was an amazing amazing fighting game- I remember the animation being stunning. Also, wasn't Samurai Showdown on the SNES?

I remember it, loved it, but thought it was multi platform?

The Turtles fighting game was different on the Mega Drive.

The SNES one was excellent and much better than the MD game.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    No one else remember Turtles Tournament Fighters? It was an amazing amazing fighting game- I remember the animation being stunning.
    I always thought that looked cool but supposedly it was basically broken and therefore we can forget all about it. Eternal Champions was Sega only, right? I liked that as a lad, tried it a few months back and it was dire (barring one or two cool touches).

• It was awful on MD.

Great game on SNES though.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I can't help with the RPG thing. I've never been a fan.
    And as for the controller thing, I'm just talking about MD winning by having the better version of SSFII due to the controller. Although, that six button controller was excellent, and I can't imagine preferring the SNES controller. And as for my Arcade Stick...

Ah, fair point on controller. 

Not liking RPGs and not being aware of a major game series, though?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, I also didn't own a SNES so didn't pay much attention to what was available for it.
  • Mentioning Final Fight on the SNES as something the MD didn't have is a bit of a moot point.
    SNES version of Final Fight is only 1 player :(  , removed Guy, can only have 3 enemies on screen at once compared to 9 from the arcade.

MEGA-CD version put all the stuff back in that was taken out for the SNES, not really surprising it couldn't run on MD with the extra hardware though.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • @Yoss, re Breath. They probably don't stand up much nowadays, but at the time sone people preferred BoF to FF and Zelda games! But that's madnes. Still, it started off as a good RPG series. Shame they became shit by the PS2 era.
  • I've only just realised that both consoles had really, really awful names
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Mentioning Final Fight on the SNES as something the MD didn't have is a bit of a moot point. SNES version of Final Fight is only 1 player :(  , removed Guy, can only have 3 enemies on screen at once compared to 9 from the arcade. MEGA-CD version put all the stuff back in that was taken out for the SNES, not really surprising it couldn't run on MD with the extra hardware though.

And it still wasn't a patch on SoR 2 or 3.
  • Captain Commando, mate. MD didn't have it. It was best of its genre.
  • Loved Final Fight arcade, but I still have all 3 Bare Knuckle games (SoR in JPN) and they are all great, possibly 2 being the best?
  • Elf haven't you already posted that?
  • Billy, you got the names wrong way round. Bare Knuckle in Japan, I believe. 

SoR 2 was great. SoR 3 I never got round to. Still, as you can tell, Captain Commando is my favourite.
  • Elf haven't you already posted that?

Yeah, I'm just fighting Yoss. GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!!
  • But SoR 2 has one of the best soundtracks ever. Maybe SoR 2 wins.
  • Probably should have worded it differently, I meant it was SoR but in Japan.  I have all 3 bare Knuckle games still.
  • I reckon you and Yoss should do a 2D brawler tourney.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Mentioning Final Fight on the SNES as something the MD didn't have is a bit of a moot point. SNES version of Final Fight is only 1 player :(  , removed Guy, can only have 3 enemies on screen at once compared to 9 from the arcade. MEGA-CD version put all the stuff back in that was taken out for the SNES, not really surprising it couldn't run on MD with the extra hardware though.

And it still wasn't a patch on SoR 2 or 3.

Love SoR2, found SoR3 to be disappointing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Captain Commando, mate. MD didn't have it. It was best of its genre.

One of the joys of SoR was the sheer number of different moves. From my research, CC seems to be severely lacking on that front.
  • There was a Contra on the MD, Hard Corps it was called. It was a bit shit compared to Contra III though.
  • I liked the characters and the bosses. The special moves as well. Don't remember SoR having lots of moves, it was a scrolling fighter so depth in moves was wasted anyway. Press attack ad infinitim and occasionally do jump and attack or special attack. I might emu it and replay.
  • Really wish they'd reboot Alien Soldier.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!