The Grizzly Badger Tail. CH40 The DJR
  • Done.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT REG.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Spoiler:
  • Oh, don't be so sentimental ...

The flames have died down but the heat is still very intense.

I say we cut reg into steaks and barbecue him.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Make sure you've carefully removed all trace of the Nintendo gland, we don't want to get infected.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Its a delicacy in some countries.
  • I missed the last one of these, but if it's as good as this I ought to find the time.
  • Three days passed.

The forumites made their way back down Journey Mountain.

‘So how long do you think the building will hold?’

It was Brooks that said this.

He was sporting a haircut in a 1990’s curtain style and pacing back and forth in front of the no subject campfire. He was still glowing slightly blue for no apparent reason apart from that of continuity.

Around him, various forumites were in the process of helping to repair the glass walls of the hub or continuing to remove the bodies of the dead enemies that littered the place.

‘I don’t know, Paul thinks him and Adored have done a good job sealing up most of the doors, though at the rate the spambots are coming through, the sheer volume of them are eventually going to fill up the whole house including the control floor.’ said g.man.

‘Do you think we should make it thicker?’ ’Maybe just a couple more blocks thicker?’ asked Brooks.

‘I don’t know. Mine craft stuff can been tough to break.’ said g.man.

‘Well, StormySkiesAhead is keeping an eye on the house. He and Pablo are flying recon on the place every hour. The Halols are still up there trying to keep the numbers down. Last thing I heard, they had got onto the roof of the control floor and had opened a section up to play shoot the spambots in the barrel. They were also keeping an eye out for anyone who was unlucky enough to be logged into the middle of the spambots.’ said Brooks.

‘Stormy is a good lad. He’s keen like.’ said g.man

‘Yossarian has suggested putting the lads on shift rotation. The constant chatter from the spambots is deafening. They swarm to where the Halols are camped on the roof. Yoss was saying it was enough to drive you crazy’ said Brooks

‘I’m not even comfortable sealing the whole place up, we don’t know who’s left in there.’ said g.man

‘Most of us logged straight back in after Petey switched off the log in block and even those that left it later, well most of them arrived outside the house.’ said Brooks

‘Where’s Lawro then?’ asked g.man

‘He probably decided not to bother coming back. There are a few that haven’t G.’ said Brooks.

‘There are a few that might have landed right in the middle of those spambots; we might have sentenced them to death’ said g.man morosely.

‘You’re taking this too seriously. If anyone does die, they will be back on the outside, looking in and glad to have a break - Like me!’ said Brooks.

‘I was stuck here the whole time in a cupboard, something people seem to forget.’ said g.man.

‘They ask me about stuff I have no idea about’ said g.man. He looked down as he said this.

Brooks sat down next to g.man and a slow high pitched comedy fart sounded off.

‘I thought that your comedy antics would have been left out of the follow up if I’m being brutally honest.’ said g.man.

‘Smell the cheese g.man’

‘Thanks.’ said g.man and a small smile cracked across his face.

Brooks spoke.

‘You and me, well we missed most of this out. Me, because I was killed off until the very end bit. You were locked in a cupboard, while the other you went about doing what you would have done anyway. At least, that’s what people think’

G.man lit a cigarette while Brooks continued.

‘All the enemies dropped dead when Petey worked his magic so we don’t have that to worry about. The gamemakers are creating stuff to sort this place out. I’m sure there will be a way to get the spam protection switched back on. If anyone knows how to do it then young Peter does.’

‘You noticed that the username thing isn’t compulsory?’ asked g.man

‘Yeah, something happened when we took down that bitch.’ Brooks said almost under his breath.

G.man gave Brooks a sideways glance.

‘The number has gone from my vision as well. I’m guessing we don’t have life points anymore either.’ said g.man.

There was the briefest of silences.

‘You don’t trust her.’ It was more a statement than a question.

‘Hell hath no fury G. I’m still smarting a bit from being killed if I’m being honest. Furthermore, I don’t think someone can go from murderous psychopath to everyone’s best pal in three days and I’m not alone either.’

‘Was that the reason for the argument between Petey and Optimark?’ asked g.man

‘It’s been commented on that young Peter seems to be defending her a bit too vigorously since we got back to camp and much to the annoyance of your doppelganger as well, might I add.’ said Brooks.

‘Peter did spend a lot of time with her when she was off her rocket. I think he got too close to the coal face. I don’t think my virtual twin likes it one bit. ’ said g.man.

‘He doesn’t like them being alone together’ said Brooks.

‘You know that he’s called himself Lonely? I think he was sick of it taking five minutes to call him to dinner. He looks younger than me. His hair is darker and he’s got rid of the goatee.’ G.man added.

‘He’s just trying to be an individual’ laughed Brooks.

‘It’s like looking in a wonky mirror powered by an evil time machine.’

Brooks laughed at this.

‘They seem to have become quite the item. I hope he is strong enough to remember where his loyalties lie if that bitch kicks off.’ said Brooks

‘What make you think it will?’

‘It’s the second story G. The first one was over 100 pages. I doubt this will be any shorter.’ said Brooks.

‘Peter took her straight to the gamemakers and got them to fix her up. She looks like a person now, Lonely told me.’ said g.man

‘She snapped his fingers off. We need to bear that in mind. She played with him, like a cat with its prey.’ said Brooks.

‘She’s called herself Blu’ said g.man

‘I’d rather she called herself a taxi and left’

G.man lit a cigarette.

‘Tin Robot asked me to talk to Tempy’ he said.

‘Good Luck with that. He’s been quiet since Reg died.’ said Brooks

That sentence still hung thick in the air and for a second the whole place seemed to be very quiet.

‘He’s in shock’ said g.man

‘We’re all in shock, I always liked Hollis. Though I wouldn’t run off and hide his body.’ said Brooks.

‘I don’t think he did hide him.’ said g.man.

‘Though in all fairness I don’t see what the fuss is about. We were all deleted last time. We simply were kicked off the forum and had to log back in again. He hasn’t logged in yet. It’s very simple. It still amazes me that people treat you if something is serious if you decide to not go on a forum and post stuff’ said Brooks.

‘You know this is different Brooks, he didn’t pause and he certainly didn’t delete. He was there for hours just lying there. Still and let’s face it, a bit lacking in life. The life points have gone Brooks. I think that we could get hurt. I think we could get very hurt.’ said g.man.

‘I think you are thinking too much!’ said Brooks

At this point Skade approached them.

‘Brooks, you had better come quick, Yoss says they have pulled out two from the control floor.’

‘So? Are they okay?’ asked Brooks

‘One of them is a new boy, goes by the name of Goober the Hat. The other one is Elmlea…’ said Skade

‘Really?’ said Brooks

‘Yoss tied them up and dumped them on the chopper; Workid is bringing them down now.’ said Skade.

Brooks stood up and headed towards the hub.

He turned back briefly.

‘By all means, have a word with Tempy. Though I think all you have there is a man who has gone through the trauma of seeing his friend die.’

‘Where are you going?’ asked g.man

‘Last time Elmlea was here, it wasn’t Elmlea. I want to make sure it is. Skade, go get Blurum.’ said Brooks.

‘Will do.’
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Ooooooooooo
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Don't trust her Skade!

Excellent Rev
    Can-of-sprite
  • Great as usual, I feel I'm missing something with the references to 'her'. Who is she? What's the joke I'm not getting? :(
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Ahhh.
    I need to re-read that. Keep meaning to, it is on the iPad after all.
  • Yes!!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Return of the Yoss (yes it is).

Top work. You sorted out the google doc for this yet?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Return of the Yoss (yes it is).

Top work. You sorted out the google doc for this yet?

Not yet but soon. Getting ready for the trip. Have to be up about 4am.

• I saw that cheek rev, don't make me get my crayons out!

Also, is the first story available in a file somewhere that can be downloaded and read without trawling through the thread?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yes! First mention. Great stuff as ever Rev.
  • The g.man and brooks love-in continues... Will they, won't they?..... I am hoping that at least one has a good bowel movement.
  • I saw that cheek rev, don't make me get my crayons out!

Also, is the first story available in a file somewhere that can be downloaded and read without trawling through the thread?

I'm happy to email it out to you if you PM your address.
    It might also be sitting in the drop box account as well.

• This invitation goes out to anyone who would like a copy of the story. I have a clean version I can email you out.
    You're probably better reading it first before this one as otherwise this is going to make little sense if any at all.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    The g.man and brooks love-in continues... Will they, won't they?..... I am hoping that at least one has a good bowel movement.
    Spoiler:

• Eeek!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Not like that g!
    I do like that particular dynamic between you two though. It seems to work quite well.
  • they are quite clearly in love.  and Brooks is hot for an older lady, so there's no shame in it.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • This invitation goes out to anyone who would like a copy of the story. I have a clean version I can email you out.
    You're probably better reading it first before this one as otherwise this is going to make little sense if any at all.

Can you send it my way please? I think you have my e-mail addy.

I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I enjoy writing the dialogue between them. Ive found a way to include all of the requests so far. So keep reading. ;)
  • CHAPTER 2

In a room at the back of the hub, a hand is very gently moving a brush through electric blue hair. It’s as though the person is worried that their movements might rip the hair from their head. Every time the brush moves to the crown, there is a slight intake of breath just before the brush is pulled gently through.

In the background there is the quiet noise of a keyboard being used.

The owner of the hair and the brush stops and gives it’s reflection a gentle nod, as if she is satisfied with the result.

The noise of the keyboard stops.

Lonely turns round from his chair and smiles.

‘Do I look ok?’ Blu asks.

‘I think the word is stunning.’ answers Lonely.

Blu smiled.

‘I’m not used to having to look like anything. I’m still getting used to having my arm and leg. It’s like being back at the beginn...’

Lonely interrupted

‘It’s better you try to forget about that now. We talked about this.’

They had talked. They had talked for the last three days. They had only stopped when Blu had been led by Petey to the Gamemakers to have her body fixed.

Lonely had stood and stared at Petey while that had been happening. He couldn’t help it. He couldn’t explain why it had troubled him so much. He had found himself become very protective very quickly of her once they were back down Journey Mountain.

‘What are you thinking about?’ she asked

He had been thinking about everything. He was free, no longer confined to the thoughts he had once shared with g.man.

He was free to think about anything else that wasn’t related to travelling or filming or steak and chips.

‘Nothing’ he replied.

‘I am trying to stay out.’ she said.

Lonely looked at her with a puzzled look on his face until he realised what she meant.

This was the other thing. They had conversations in seconds without talking. They just had to touch each other and they could share information. Lonely wondered if it had something to do with what they were.

Blu knew it was.

Blu knew everything though. It was almost as though she was now part of the place as opposed to what she was before, which was some kind of parasitic leech.

They had decided that it was best that they talked to each other when they were with the forumites. They had discussed that for over 7 seconds. It almost caused them to fall out.

‘I know you are. I appreciate the effort you are making.’ He said

‘What are you looking at?’ Blu asked.

‘Beano and Mod have sent me some glitch reports.’ answered Lonely

‘It would make more sense if they just sent them to me. It would be quicker.’ Blu said.

‘We talked about this as well. You have to give people time. It’s all very new. You are all very new.’

‘I don’t see how it makes any difference. They know it’s me that will end up looking at them anyway. It’s a bit crazy.’

‘It’s how we think Blu.’ Said Lonely

‘It’s how they think Lonely. You aren’t one of them.’

‘So you keep telling me. What do you think then?’

Lonely brought up the ‘Games that we wrote’ thread.

The latest post contained lines of code, several of which were highlighted in yellow with comments from Mod, followed by comments by Beano.

‘They’re getting quicker at spotting them I see.’ Blu noted.

‘Lazygunn put together something to talk directly to the servers through ‘Forum Upgrades’.’

Blu chuckled at this.

‘I like Gunn. I even thought he was one of us. His mind runs like one of us.’

‘The sea where the Omega Weapon appeared has completely frozen over.’ Lonely read.

‘Has it frozen or has it gone solid?’ asked Blu.

‘What’s the difference?’ asked Lonely

‘Well, a solid sea suggests a code error. The liquid model has its fluidity parameter set far too low. That could just be a mistake in data. It’s a smaller glitch that is just one of those things’ explained Blu.

‘And a frozen sea?’

‘That suggests that everything is correct, but there isn’t enough energy going to that part of the system. That could be the start of a system shut down.’ said Blu.

‘That’s the spambots causing that?’ said Lonely

‘Well, everything here uses some kind of energy to manifest itself. We’ve increased the population here very rapidly. Every single arrival uses some energy. The glitches will only get worse unless we find a way to wipe out the spambots quickly.’

Blu put her hand on Lonely’s shoulder.

‘We…’ said Lonely.

Blu interrupted before he had a chance to even speak.

‘I don’t see why. He hates me. He will hear but he won’t listen. If he had his way I would be in a cage. If he had his way he would argue that you would be in there with me.’

‘You’re doing it again. You know that he needs to know.’ said Lonely.

‘Peter needs to know more than he does, it’s his forum.’ answered Blu.

‘Yes, I know but the forumites will listen to Brooks.’ This was said through slightly gritted teeth.

Blu looked at the door.

There was a knock at the door.

Lonely got up out from his chair, closed the lid of the laptop and opened the door to see Skade standing there.

Skade looked slightly shocked when he looked at Blu. She smiled at him.

‘Brooks needs Bluru.. I mean Blu to come look at something.’

‘Of course’ said Lonely and he smiled at Blu.

‘I’ll wait for you out here’ said Skade, staring intently.

‘Of course.’ said Lonely and he closed the door as Skade stepped backwards staring.

He turned to see Blu looking worried.

‘Are you coming with me?’ asked Blu

‘Yes, of course I am. Though I think you should put some clothes on first.’
  • I look forward to pictures. ;)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!